☞ O N E

⇅ G R A V I T Y ⇅
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

but you touch me for a little while,

and all my fragile strength is gone.

much like an animal show, trainee life consisted of piling as many kids into one musky room and plopping an older teacher in along with them to scrutinize their every move. for many of the nct members, they've either gotten used to the scoldings or have risen above the rest and take compliments instead. doyoung for one has found these sessions quite tedious. they've come far as a group already, but still had to put up with the same classes on top of their other schedules. yes, he was thankful, but when would be the next time he could get a good rest?

now, doyoung is guilty of wearing his emotions as they come, and it's no different with his heart. when he's happy, his smile stretches for miles. when he's sad, his frown reaches the depths of the sea. it isn't a surprise when he breaks out in an instant smile when he rolls his neck to peek to his left at jaehyun. he bites the insides of his cheeks to stop himself from showing his cards too strongly, burying his head into his forearm. 

"hyung," came a squeaky voice. 

he snapped his head upwards to meet eyes with jisung, the smallest of the small. "yes?"

"we're all eating chicken today but jaehyun hyung wants ramyun, what do you want?"

"..ah, just him?" he turned to see the younger stretching his arms out before making his way over. he averted his gaze to let out a forced chuckle, "we can't let him eat alone can we? you guys go. i'll stay behind with him."

jisung didn't need any more of a push and jumped up to join the others, squeezing his tinier frame into the rowdy huddle of boys exiting the studio. 

"playing the sacrificial lamb today, hyung?" jaehyun offered his hands out. "or should i say sacrificial rabbit?"

he gladly used the younger's strength to find balance while standing up, patting off his behind. "you should be thanking me."

"i really should.. since i'm also stuck with grocery duty and now you're my date for the day."

date? ..date. date!

doyoung could physicaly feel his blush travel from the middle of his chest to the tips of his ears. he cleared his throat in attempt to keep his voice civil, "you tricked me!"

jaehyun could only throw his head back, filling the studio with his rich laughter.

 

 

"we need to follow the list!"

"but we need these.. mark loves chips!"

"thirteen bags? no. no, i won't be yelled at because you're craving junk." doyoung started to collect the chip bags in his arms, pressing some between his thighs, and fitting one under his chin in attempt to waddle over to the stand to put them back. "you have no fears!"

the larger could only chuckle under his breath, resting his body on the rail of the shopping cart. "you have too many fears."

"i!" doyoung assembled the bags haphazardly before clapping his hands calmly when finished. "do not."

"..still nervous for our first day?"

damn it, doyoung cursed mentally. he's got me there. "nope. what's next on the list?"

"i am. but i'm glad i'm doing it with you, hyung."

and there it goes: the jenga bricks of doyoung's facade tumbling down, being ripped up by a hurricane and spat out one by one. his lips twitched before forming one of his thousand watt smiles, and he couldn't help but let out a bit of a giggle along with it. "ahh, really..?"

"bread."

snapping out of his foggy state the taller managed to find his voice to utter a small, "huh?"

"bread is next on the list," he clarified simply.

with almond shaped eyes boring into his back jaehyun ordered a bag full of fresh pastries, chatting away happily with the store clerk. the elder felt his lip jut out sighing out a quick hmf before strolling the carriage over to check out with his shopping partner. he really has no sense, doyoung snapped internally. no sense at all! he could at least have acknowledged the moment for a little while longer. stupid.

he was about to pick up a box of instant noodles before jaehyun took it from his hands, taking it upon himself to grab the bigger things from the cart so doyoung didn't have to. there was a brush of fingers and doyoung retracted his hand as if it caught on fire, fumbling with his fingers clumsily. the emoti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter