Again

Songs to Learn and Sing

A song that made him shiver. Made him feel like he would burst if he didn’t sing along. It would reach into his bones and shake him to the core. Sometimes he would cry, other times just sit quietly and listen – too immersed to register anything else.

“Play it again.” He would demand, and he was never denied. Wonshik could never deny him anything; always so weak to his pleas, wishes and demands. He just wanted to hear Jaehwan sing again. He would close his eyes to the sound of his voice and Jaehwan would watch him secretly as he sang the lyrics he loved – and his heart would swell.

“Again.”

The song would come once again with no sign of protest or hesitation, and he would sing it one last time, pouring his heart and soul in it as he sang along – Wonshik lying beside him on the bed, arms covered in goosebumbs and hand relaxing inside of his. He felt his warmth and his pulse beat within his fingers. He could see the hairs rising to the sounds of his voice – and it was thrilling. Closing his eyes as he reached that high note, Wonshik’s hand clutching his in response.

The song would end again. Wonshik’s eyes would open and look at him with such pride and adoration that Jaehwan could barely look back. Without words they would pour their hearts at each other for minutes, until Jaehwan gave up and looked away. Too shy to bear it, never as strong as Wonshik. It never failed to make Wonshik chuckle that deep and breathy way he always did – the one that made Jaehwan’s entire being tingle a little.

Arms would envelop him and they would fall into each other with smiles on their faces and love needlessly spoken in their hearts.