Chapter 2

The Reporter

At 5pm, Mina was on her way to Park Café to meet Hyungsik. She had spent the last hour and half deciding what to wear. She went through her whole wardrobe before finally deciding on hot pants, with tights, a white tee shirt with a snappy slogan on it and multicoloured converses. As she walked down the street,  she felt her heart beats getting faster. She stopped, confused. It's just coffee. It's not like it's a date...Is it? No way. After calming down, she carried on her way to the café and then..

"Psst."

She stopped. Nothing. She started to walk again. 

"Psst."

She looked around. Nobody.

"Heo-ssi." 

Mina gasped and jumped to the side. She looked at the person in amazement.

"S-sajangnim? Omo, you scared me!" Mina cried.

He was dressed in a brown trench-coat and grey hat. He wore glasses, as if to hide his identity. His back was hunched so that she could not meet his gaze and he spoke quietly. 

"Ah mian. Heo-ssi, I need you to help with an article for AllKpop."

"Ige mwonde?"

"You're working with Park Hyungsik-ssi right?"

Mina nodded.

"I need you to get any secret you can about him."

"Mwo?!" Mina shouted.

"Sshhh!" her boss hushed, covering , "don't cause a scene!"

Mina moved his hand away, "keurunde waeyo?"

"Ahh there is no scandals happening. We need something interesting to print."

"Andwae. Dwaesseo."

"Please, Heo-ssi. Just think about it..."

"Arasseoyo."

"Charanda."

Then her boss was out of sight. She stood for a while, thinking. Should she take it? No, that would be wrong. No, she won't do it. After she decided this, she went onto the café. 

 

When she arrived, she found Hyungsik sitting by the window. She walked over and cleared .

"Ah you're here."

"Ye..sorry if I kept you waiting."

"Geokjeongma. It's not even 6pm yet," he flashed a grin.

Mina smiled nervously, sitting across from him.

"What would you like?"

"Erm Latte, please."

"Two lattes please," he called to the waitress.

"Ne."

"So.." he said, leaning onto the table, "tell me about yourself."

After at least an hour and half of talking, Mina found herself yawning.

"...and then Kwanghee started hanging upside down and..oh - are you getting tired?"

"Er ah..a little hehe," Mina laughed.

"Shall I take you home?"

"Ah I live a bus ride away.."

"Gwaenchanha, I'll drive you."

"Oh..okay."

When they stood outside, Hyungsik pointed over to his car. Mina nodded and started walking towards the car. Suddenly, there was a loud noise and she was pulled into fabric. She looked up to see Hyungsik's face.

"You should check the road before crossing..surely you know that, Mina-ssi."

"Huh?"

Mina was too tired, so it took her a while to comprehend the situation. Once she finally realised she was in Hyungsik's embrace, she immediately moved away.

"Sorry, I'm just..really tired."

Hyungsik smiled.

"Its's fine. Come on it's fine to cross now."

He put his arm round her and took her over to the car. Once she sat down, Hyungsik did her belt, before climbing into the drivers seat.

"You can sleep if you want," he suggested.

"Mm, gomawoyo."

She started to close her eyes, when her shoulder was tapped. She looked over to Hyungsik.

"Erm, you're address?"

"Oh right.."

 

The next day, there was one more script reading before shooting the next week. The night before, Hyungsik offered to take her inside to her apartment, but she refused. When she came outside, a tall man in a dark suit walked over to her.

"Heo Mina?"

"Yees..?"

"Get in the car please."

Mina frowned, "w--waeyo?"

"Park-ssi doesn't want you taking the bus everyday, so he has hired me to drive you.

Mina gave him an uncertain look.

"Call him if you want."

"I don't have his number.."

"Park-ssi said you did."

Bewildered, Mina took out her phone, and looked in her contacts

Hyungsik-oppa

-+82XXXXXXXXX-

"No way.."

Mina quickly pressed call.

"Yeobeoseyo?"

"Oppa!"

"Ahh Mina-ssi! Did yo-"

"Did you send a car for me?"

"Eoh, you're welcome,"

"Aish. Don't be so cocky!"

"Bballiwa! You'll be late."

 

He hung up. Mina tutted at her phone. He must have put his number when she slept. She nodded at the driver and followed him to the car. When she walked into the room, everybody stared and muttered. She walked over to Seomin and asked what was going on.

"Ah didn't you see AllKpop?"

"Aniyo."

Seomin pulled out her phone and typed the AllKpop website address in. She handed the phone over to Mina. Park Hyungsik and Co-Star of Twisted Mind Heo Mina On A Date?" Mina scrolled down and found pictures of herself and Hyungsik sitting in Park Café. She handed Seomin back her phone and stormed out of the room. When she got to the corridor, she brought her phone and dialed,

"Ahh Heo-ssi -"

"SAJANGNIM!" 

"Thank you so much! You've given something to print."

"What the hell?! Give you something to print? I'm not giving you anything to print. I've decided."

"Decided what?"

Mina turned around to see Hyungsik.

"Nothing!"

She quickly pressed hang up, "let's go in!"

When we walked in the room, everyone fell silent. Hyungsik looked around and smirked.

"Whatever you are thinking, stop. There is nothing going on with Mina-ssi and I. We were just meeting to get to know each other. Nothing else. So please don't make any assumptions."

"I heard Heo Mina worked for AllKpop. Perhaps she was in on it," a cast member spoke up.

Hyungsik turned to me.

"Is it true?"

Mina gulped. "Well.. I do work for AllKpop, but I have nothing to do with this article, I swear. In fact, I was just on the phone with my boss, ordering to take it down."

"Well he hasn't," another person said, "it's still here."

"Geokjeongma, give me your boss' number."

Mina just stared.

"Well what are you waiting for? Give me the number."

Mina fumbled with her phone, passing it into Hyungsik's hand. Hyungsik typed the number into his phone and called it.

"Ne, sir. It's Park Hyungsik...Yes I'm sure it is a misunderstanding...I'm sure you will delete the whole article...Thank you very much. Yup...Yup. Okay goodbye sir."

He looked at everyone. "There the matter is resolved. Now can we start?"