Chapter 1

The Reporter

This is it. Heo Mina's first script reading session and she couldn't wait to meet her cast. Friends from AllKpop have been texting all week, wishing her good luck. She was cast for the new drama Twisted Mind. Her heart was skipping with joy as she made her way to the KBS building. Upon arriving, she saw that many of the cast were already there, staring as she walked in.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Heo Mina ibnida. Bangabseubnida!" she smiled, bowing.

"Ah yes," the director came over, "everyone this is our female lead. It's her first acting gig so please be nice to her."

Everybody went back to talking. Feeling quite awkward, Mina went to pour herself a drink of water. 

"Annyeong!!"

She turned to find a girl around her age, with big brown eyes, staring up at her.

"Er..hi."

"I'm Seomin. This is also my first time acting. I hope we both do well!"

Mina just nodded, uncomfortable with the very little space between them. Seomin could see this and backed up slightly, looking upset. 

"Sorry, I just wanted to make friends..I'll just go..."

"No," Mina grabbed her arm, "it's fine. I'm just not good with new people. I'm shy, but I'm very sure we will be great friends."

Her lips stretched into a huge grin, "jeongmalyo?"

"Mm, when is your birthday by the way?" Mina asked.

"1993. And you?"

"1992."

"Ahh jinjjaro? Arasseoyo..eonni," she smiled.

Mina smiled too.

 

Suddenly there was a huge commotion by the door. Mina drew her attention to it. She saw a tall man walk through. Mousey hair, chocolate eyes, cheeky grin. Everybody's eyes were on him, almost as if he were a god. For a while, it was silent in the room, until he cleared his throat.

"Annyeonghaseyo, jeoneun Park Hyungsik ibnida." His teeth gleamed.

All the female cast rushed over trying to say hello. Calmly, he walked over to the table and sat.

"Wah, he's so cool," Seomin sighed.

 

Mina just tutted and walked over to the table, looking for her name. She walked all around the table, until she found her seat..next to him. She hesitantly took her place, avoiding his gaze. The director came round withea script, carefully placing in front of everyone. Seomin sat infront of her mouthing to her how lucky she was. Mina just rolled her eyes and went over the script. The director made everybody stand and introduce themselves. When it came to Mina, her legs trembled as she stood. Her voice stuttered and she struggled to find words. Her name..what was her name? She didn't know what to do with her hands so she held her script, but her hands still trembled. She started to say her name, when she lost control of her body and dropped the script on the floor. She apologised, going down to collect the paper, as another co-star introduced himself. She went to grab the last paper when it was snatched from her sight. She sat up and saw Hyungsik holding it.

"Gomabta..sunbaenim," she said, taking the paper.

"Geokjeonghajima..and call me Hyungsik oppa," he winked and then added "or just oppa."

Mine felt her cheeks heat up, and she immediately looked out of the table. 

 

Once it was over, Mina was first out. She leaned against the wall in the corridor and took a huge breath. When the door opened again, she started walking towards the exit.

"Eonni!"

She turned to find Seomin walking towards.

"You know.." she started, " Hyungsik sunbaenim totally likes you!"

Mina frowned, "mwo?! Of course not. Don't spit nonsense Seomin-a."

"It's true! He let you call him op-"

"Mina-ssi."

The two girls looked over to Hyunsik.

"...Ne..oppa.." Mina hesitated.

"Would you like to go get a coffee later? We'll be spending a lot of time together in the next week..we should probably get to know eachother."

"Ne..Hyungsik oppa."

"Arasseo. Meet me at Park Café at 6pm."

Mina shook her head. Hyungsik smiled and walked out of the building, followed by security.

"See, I told you!" Seomin cried.