seeing that you are finally here

Don't Let It Rain

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Inspiration behind this chapter are in the notes at the end :3

The first thing that Mingyu did as soon as he woke up was panic. He couldn’t sleep well the previous night because he had been up all night thinking about this day; his day with Jeon Wonwoo.

He turns his body over so that he faces his alarm clock. 8AM. Mingyu jumps up from bed with mixed feelings within him. He feels panicked, yet also excited. He runs out of his room, feet lightly jumping on the cold tiles on the way to the bathroom.

He turns on the faucet on the sink and warm water slowly running out from the cold water.  He takes a handful of water and splashes it on his face. He wipes the water on his face off with a towel. He takes his toothbrush and applies an immensely large amount of toothpaste and starts to brush his teeth for five minutes to remove his morning breath.

He removes his clothes and steps into the shower. Mingyu turns the tap, letting warm water pour over him. He makes sure to scrub thoroughly, using more shampoo than usual. After showering, he wipes himself down and wraps a towel around his waist. The tall giant takes a container of gel from the mirror cabinet. He opens it up only to wonder why he had it in the first place – he had never used gel, and doesn’t recall buying it. He shrugs and scoops some up, and puts in in his hair. Getting a comb, he styles it until he thinks it looks somewhat decent and smiles at his reflection.

He goes back into his room changes into the clothes that he picked out for himself the previous night. Because he hadn’t been able to sleep well the other night, he ended up throwing clothes everywhere just to pick the perfect outfit. He puts it on and smooths out the creases with his hands. He’s about to walk out of the room until he accidently trips over his laptop charger cord, causing his to hit his head on the door frame, and drags the laptop crashing down with him. With that, he starts to yell profanities, waking a certain black haired male from his slumber from the living room.

“What the ? Mingyu?! Is that you?!” A shout is heard from the living room.

The tall giant is still lying on the ground, gripping his forehead with his palms. He hears small footsteps coming closer to him and stops near his head.

“What hell are you doing so early on a Sunday morning, you ?!”

Mingyu groans, still gripping on where he had hit his head. Jeonghan stares pitifully at Mingyu on the ground through tired eyes for a while and yawns. And then realisation hits him.

“Oooh that’s right! You have your date today!”

“It’s not a date!”

“Yeah, whatever”

Jeonghan gives his tall friend a hand, picking him up from the cold tiled ground.

“Jesus ing Christ, you look like a mess. Move your hand, let me see”

Jeonghan grabs and removes the tall giant’s hand from his forehead, looking up to see that it looked a little red.

“I don’t know what the you did, but that’s going to leave a bruise”

Mingyu groans in pain even more.

“Shut up. I got too excited and tripped over my charger cord. Pretty sure I broke my laptop too”

Mingyu walks over to the fallen laptop and pats it lightly before placing it back on the desk.

“Okay, but like I said you’re a ing mess right now. Your hair looks like glue had been poured over it, your clothes look like trash, and it’s currently eight in the morning. What kind of date starts in the morning?”

Mingyu was about to retaliate about how he thought he looked decent, but not only until he realised that his friend was right – looking at the alarm clock reading 8:30AM. His  ̶ d̶a̶t̶e̶  hangout wasn’t until twelve.

“Whoever this guy that your hanging out with is, he’s surely going to regret being near you in the first place if you look like that”

Jeonghan drags Mingyu into the bathroom and throws him inside. He drags him by the hair and stuffs his head under the tap on the sink.

“OW WHAT THE JEONGHAN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

“I’M SAVING YOU FROM BEING AN EMBARRASSMENT, YOU DIP”

The tired and frustrated male turns on the tap, and proceeds to wash out the gel from Mingyu’s hair. Mingyu is quite upset – he spent a lot of time and effort on his hair.

Jeonghan manages to remove the hair gel, and reaches for the hair dryer in the sink cabinet drawer. He plugs it in and proceeds to dry Mingyu’s hair. With Mingyu being so tall, he had to tippy toe a little bit to dry his hair thoroughly and properly. After doing so, the angel gets the comb and he brushes his hair like Mingyu normally does.

“If you want to impress someone, you have to not be a try hard and just be you”

He then drags Mingyu back into his bedroom, careful not to trip over the charger cord.

“Your clothes, take them off”

“Oo so early in the morning, Jeonghan? Shouldn’t we wait til’ night time?” Mingyu wiggles his eyebrows and Jeonghan punches him in the arm.

Jeonghan rolls his eyes, “Ha, ha very funny. Just do it!”

Mingyu rolls his eyes and does as he’s told, while Jeonghan rummages through his closet. He picks out a nice black button up shirt, sleeves that are folded up to the elbows and a pair of plain denim jeans. He throws the clothes at Mingyu and walks out the door.

“I’m really tired right now. I’m going to try to sleep again. Just trust me and put on those clothes, okay?”

With that, Jeonghan shuts the door, and does as he is told. After doing so, he looks at himself in the mirror, touching up on his hair, smoothing down any creases.

He then looks at the digital alarm clock on his bedside table again – 8:55AM. The tall giant sighs. He still had a few hours to kill before meeting up with Wonwoo.

And so he walks to the living room where his friend is buried and wrapped in a cosy blanket like a burrito. He walks to the end of the couch and slightly lifts up Jeonghan’s legs and slides down onto the couch, placing Jeonghan’s legs onto his lap. And then he just sits there. He eyes the clock, watching it tick by slowly. He can barely hear the busy road outside, the clock continues to make ticking sounds, and Jeonghan’s light breaths are heard throughout the apartment.

Mingyu sighs, Mingyu groans, and he’s dead bored. He decides that he should rest a little. He closes his eyes. The cars, the clock, Jeonghan’s snores – and with that he falls into abyss.

 

Water. His eyelids are heavy. He feels weight upon his lap. He slowly opens his eyes. Mingyu sees the apartment flooded. Water is creeping up from just pass his lap. He starts to panic. Cold sweat felt upon his skin. Goosebumps creeping in. He’s paralysed; he’s stuck. Water continues to flood his apartment, his belongings flowing by. He looks next to him. His friend is drowning. His friend legs are kicking upon his lap. He can’t do a single thing. The water flows upwards, higher and higher. Pass his stomach, pass his chest and pass his neck. He looks towards the door. The dark figure at the door is just standing there, watching it all happen. The clock on his living room wall stops ticking. The sound of pouring rain stops. 

 

“MINGYU, WAKE UP YOU IN IDIOT. I CHECKED YOUR PHONE AND I THINK IT’S YOUR DATE. HE’S ASKING WHERE YOU ARE”

Mingyu wakes up to a screaming Yoon Jeonghan who’s kicking his lap furiously while holding his phone.

“Ow! Ow! WHAT THE JEONGHAN STOP”

His phone is thrown at his head and he picks it up. His eyes widen – there’s a text notification along with three missed calls.

 

Jeon Wonwoo

Hey did you forget about me? L 12:30pm

Mingyu checks the time – 12:36PM. He was half an hour late.

“!”

Mingyu jumps up from the couch and runs to his bedroom. He grabs his wallet and brushes down his clothes hair. He then runs out sprints to the front door. Mingyu hurriedly puts on his shoes and as he’s about to exit, he hears Jeonghan cheering him on, “Don’t it up, Mingyu!”

He slams the door behind him and runs down the hall. He stops at the elevator and clicks the down button furiously. When the tall idiot realises that it’s taking too long, he looks to his left. He groans. He eyes the stairs and decides “ it”.  Mingyu sprints down the stairs, as fast as his long legs can take him. Mingyu starts to wonder why his apartment had to be the fifth floor.

Exiting the apartment building, he’s already out of breath. Mingyu runs to the side of the road, and to his luck, a taxi is near. He jumps up and down, waving at the taxi frantically. The cab pulls up beside him and he practically jumps at the cab. He scurries in and tries to calmly tell the driver where he was heading.

After reaching his destination, he checks his phone – 12:54PM. In hopes that Wonwoo was still waiting for him, he speeds down the cement path like a race car to the coffee shop. With the café in sight, he fastens his pace. He slams open the glass door, startling all the customers and employees there – including Wonwoo, who’s sitting in the far corner of the café. With all eyes on the tall giant, Mingyu awkwardly clears his throat and lowers his head, making his way to Wonwoo’s table. Everyone in the store goes back to their own business, and Mingyu sits across from Wonwoo, who already has a cup of coffee with him.

Mingyu still has his head lowered, eyes on the table, not willing to look up at his crush. He felt so bad for being so late and making him wait.

“So you ignored my text. You’re going to ignore me when I’m in front of you too?”

Mingyu immediately looks up at the owner of the deep voice and immediately shakes his head.

“No, no! I swear I didn’t mean to ignore you! I-I had woken up really early at like eight o’clock for today but then when I realised that I still had time to kill I took a nap and then-“

Wonwoo starts to laugh, covering his mouth with his hand that’s covered with his sweater sleeve. “It’s ok! I’m not mad or anything! But waking up at eight on a Sunday morning? You make me question you, Kim Mingyu”, Wonwoo starts to giggle even more, and Mingyu is gobsmacked – the male across him is absolutely adorable. Wonwoo was wearing rounded glasses (that he hadn’t seen him wear before), a sweater a size too large for him and normal denim jeans along with an old pair of sneakers. Mingyu wanted to scream.

“Have you eaten yet? Want to order?”

Mingy lightens up “Sure”

After calling over a waiter and ordering their food, they sit awkwardly across each other, Wonwoo sipping quietly on his cup of macchiato. Wonwoo decides to speak up first.

“So…I really liked the bouquet you bought me yesterday”, he snickers

Mingyu blushes at the memory, but he tries to play it cool. “I’m sure you did. Bought it from a really cute worker”

Wonwoo feels himself heat up, covering his smile behind his cup.

“I’m sure he was cute”

“Yeah, He was super cute” Mingyu leans his elbow on the table, chin on his palm while staring directly at the black haired male.

Wonwoo tries to control his wide smile, and reaches for his wallet. “Speaking of which, you gave me way too much yesterday. You gave me, like, double the amount of money you were supposed to give me.” He takes Mingyu’s change and hands it across the table before the tall giant stops him.

“No, no, just take it!”

“What? I can’t take this much!”

“Just see it as a tip for being cute”, Mingyu winks.

Wonwoo’s face goes red, and he slowly returns the money to his wallet. Mingyu laughs. “So cute”, he mumbles under his breath.

As if on cue, the waiter brings Mingyu’s cappuccino and their food. They thank the waiter and dig into their food. The tall giant shyly looks up from his dish. He doesn’t understand it himself, but even when the other male eats food, he’s still absolutely adorable. Mingyu doesn’t realise how much he’s staring and silently fawning over the other male, until Wonwoo looks up from his plate and stares at him back.  

“Uh…are you sure you don’t want your money back?” Wonwoo asks, and it snaps Mingyu out of his trance.

“W-what? No it’s fine”, Mingyu realises that he’s been caught staring and looks back down at his plate. He doesn’t realise how Wonwoo also finds Mingyu’s shy actions adorable.

It’s a little awkward at first, especially since it was the first time for the both of them to meet properly. Mingyu decides to break the awkwardness.

“So I’m guessing that the store that your mum owns is the flower store?”

Wonwoo looks up from his plate and smiles. “Yeah! She had the store for years; ever since I was…I don’t know…twelve?”

“That’s a pretty long time. How old are? If you don’t mind me asking”

“I’m twenty-one”

“Oh! I’m a year younger. I guess that makes you my hyung” They both smile at each other.

“So, yeah. Like I said, I wasn’t really doing much in college, and she supported me by giving me the job. I honestly have to thank her for saving my ”

They continue their conversation, topics leading from discussing their work and daily life to likes and dislikes to which girl group was better. The more they talked, the more they learnt about each other, and the less awkward they were.

“Hey, if you don’t mind me asking, what happened to your forehead?” Wonwoo points out.

They had both finished their meal, and were just chatting along. Mingyu kind of wished Wonwoo wouldn’t have noticed his…mistake.

“U-uh…well…” Mingyu started to sweat. “I-It’s kind of embarrassing…”

Wonwoo waits for Mingyu as he tries to think about how to explain that he was so excited for this day, that he tripped his charger cord and hit his head on the door frame, possible breaking his laptop that he hadn’t checked properly.

“I kind of tripped over”

“Kind of? It’s swollen up quite a lot. How did you trip?!”

Mingyu swallows a lump in his throat “Um…well got really excited this morning and kind of didn’t watch where I was going…so I tripped over my charger cord and hit my head on the side of the door frame of my bedroom…”

By the end of his explanation, he had sunken further in his seat, trying to cover if heated face.

Wonwoo stares at him for a while, and then breaks out into a smile. During the explanation, Wonwoo had nearly spit out his coffee because…

“You were…excited for me?”

Mingyu sinks even further into his seat, looking out the window to avoid Wonwoo’s gaze.

Wonwoo takes the reaction as a yes, and starts to laugh. He nearly spits out his coffee, holding onto his stomach while he laughs. Other customers eye them, and Mingyu notices.

“S-shut up! You’re too loud! I-I was just nervous and stuff, okay?”

Wonwoo’s laughter dies down, and he sighs, wiping a non-existent tear.

“And you keep calling me cute! You’re the cute on here! You make it sound like you were a fallen puppy!”

 “But you told me you don’t like dogs…”

“Hmm yeah…but you’re an exception”

Mingyu turns even redder (if possible) and sips on his mildly warm coffee, still looking out the window. Wonwoo coos over his cuteness in his head, smiling behind his cup. He takes a sip, finishing his coffee and puts it down.

“Well, I guess we’re finished. Where do you want to head to now?”

Mingyu also finishes his cup and puts it down.

“I don’t know. I didn’t particularly plan anything else…anywhere you want to head to?”

“Not really…”

They sit in awkwardness once more, and Mingyu just laughs about it. Wonwoo giggles along and Mingyu stands up.

“I’ll go pay for the food. I’ll be back”

“What? No! I’ll pay!” Wonwoo stands up walks to the counter.

“What?! No, no, no, I’ll pay!”

Wonwoo had already taken out his wallet, and Mingyu does the same. Mingyu rips out his money first and slams it on the counter, startling the cashier.

“Wait! No! I’ll pay!” Wonwoo drags the money back from the counter and shoves it in Mingyu’s hand.

“You’re the one that invited me so I’ll pay”

“But because I’m the one that invited you, I should pay”

“Okay but I want to be a nice human being and pay for the both of us”

“Same here!”

“Why don’t you both just pay?”

Mingyu and Wonwoo turn to the cashier who just stares at them back and shrugs.

“Mingyu, just let me pay. If it makes you feel better, technically you’re the one that’s paying because the money I’m using is the money that you wouldn’t let me return back to you”

Mingyu squints down at the other male, contemplating whether to accept Wonwoo’s offer to pay. He was right though – technically it was his money. Wonwoo just stares back at him with a deadpan expression on his face.

“…fine”

Wonwoo lightens up and smiles, turning around to the cashier to pay with his (Mingyu’s) money. Mingyu smiles and quietly giggles to himself at how eager Wonwoo was to pay for them.

After doing so they walk out together and awkwardly stand outside the store.

“So…”

“So…”

They both look at each other again and just smile.

“How about we just walk wherever” Mingyu suggests

“Uh, if that’s your idea of fun, then let’s do it”

“I feel like you’re making fun of me. Do you have any better ideas?”

Wonwoo just laughs. “Not for now”

Mingyu laughs back and leads them down the cement path. They continue to make conversation, conversing about favourite foods to who’s pick-up line was better. They laugh their heads off at each of their puns, even cringing from time to time.

“Okay, okay how about this…I heard you’re good in algebra, can you replace my X without asking Y?”

Mingyu cringes at the shorter male’s line. “What the , no. That’s terrible you ing nerd”

“Whatever, it’s not like you’ve said anything better!”

“At least I don’t use ing maths in my pick-up lines! Look, look, look I have a better one – is that a mirror in your pants because-”

“Ew, no – don’t even finish that line. I’ve already heard it before”

Mingyu huffs outwardly. “Fine, you nerd. You got anything better?”

“Hey, you should tie your shoe laces – I don’t want you falling for anyone else”

“Corny as , no way”

“Okay but pick-up lines are supposed to be corny. Also I wasn’t lying by the way – you’re shoe laces are untied”

Mingyu stops to a halt and looks down at his sneakers. “…”                

Wonwoo laughs as the tall giant bends down to tie his laces tightly. After standing back up, Wonwoo is trying to calm down his laughter, and Mingyu can’t help but adore him at that moment. He loves the way the other male’s nose crinkles up, the way his smile turns upwards, the way his eyes turns upwards along with his smile, complimenting his cute rounded glasses – the taller male can’t help but feel like he’s over the moon for the fact that he was the reason he was able to see such an expression.  

“Hey let’s walk through there!” Wonwoo says, referring to the park across the road.

“Sure”

After looking left and right, they both carefully cross the road together, and enter the park. They stroll along the cement foot path, taking in and enjoying the scenery. That isn’t until the shorter male suddenly stops in his tracks, and Mingyu stops walking too.

“Wonwoo hyung? Are you okay?”

Wonwoo is eyeing something in the distance, but the tall giant can’t make out what it is that got the older to stop. Wonwoo starts to quicken his pace and the taller just follows confusedly.

They stop at a small pond, where a small family of ducks are. Wonwoo crouches down and his eyes follow the ducks that are swimming around mindlessly.

Mingyu admires the situation for a few seconds before trying to hold in his laughter. He starts to wonder how he ever found someone so adorable. The scene folding out in front of him is charming.

Wonwoo keeps staring at the ducks, as if he had completely forgotten that the other male was there.

“Do you…want to feed them?”

The shorter male snaps out of his thoughts and turns his head at light speed.

“YES”

Mingyu chuckles. “We can go buy bread at the groceries that’s in the small mall not too far from here.”

The shorter male pouts “What if the ducks aren’t here when we come back?”

“Then we can just go and look for them. Come on!”

Mingyu offers his hand and Wonwoo takes it to stand up. They walk to exit the park, making their way down to the small mall.

Upon entering Wonwoo clears his throat loudly.

“Are you okay? You need a cough drop or something?”

“No, but I do need you to let go of my hand”

Mingyu hadn’t realised he had been holding the other’s hand during the walk from the park. The tall giant becomes flustered and quickly let’s go of the other’s hand.

“S-Sorry”

“It’s okay, it’s nothing bad. If I want you to hold my hand next time, I’ll ask – my hand gets heavy sometimes”

And with that, Wonwoo quickly walks, and Mingyu can’t tell if he should be attracted or disgusted that Wonwoo had used another lame pick up line. Instead, he just smiles to himself. He then quickens his pace to catch up to the shorter male.

Upon arriving, they enter the store to make their way down to the bread aisle. But before they could do that, Mingyu spots an empty cart and has a brilliant idea.

“Hey, Wonwoo, I have a brilliant idea”

Wonwoo stops in his tracks and turns to the taller male.

“What? What is it?”

“Let’s ride around in this trolley”, Mingyu smirks.

“What?”

“Come on! Hop in – I’ll drive”

“Wha- Mingyu, no”

“Aww, why not?” Mingyu pouts.

“It’s dumb”

“It’s fun

“I’m sorry, but you’re probably one of the dumbest people I’ve met”

“But at least you’ve met me – that’s a plus, right?”

Wonwoo can’t help but laugh. Mingyu smiles and pesters the shorter male even more.

“Come on – you know you want to”

“We’re going to get in trouble”

“Nahhh, it’ll be fine

And that’s how Wonwoo starts to wonder how he got convinced to be placed in the stupid cart in the first place. They’re currently strolling through the aisles, getting a few glances from customers thrown at them.

“I thought we were going to just get bread” Wonwoo says, siting crossed legged in the cart.

“Yeah, but my fridge is empty at the moment – might as well get some things while we’re here”

“Fair enough”

And so they weave in and out of the aisle, Mingyu grabbing random items off the shelf and dropping it onto Wonwoo. Wonwoo pouts and occasionally glares at the tall male each time, and the tall giant just laughs it off.

As much as he doesn’t want to admit it, Wonwoo is actually enjoying the ride. Mingyu would quicken his pace and lift himself off the ground so that they both skid through the aisle. While Mingyu was also enjoying himself a little too much…

“Mingyu! Watch out!”

The tall idiot had crashed them both into the cereal aisle, causing a domino effect, making all the cereal boxes that they crashed into come tumbling down. The crash was so loud that it caught the attention of bystanders, including an employee.

“Hey! You two!” the employee shouts.

The two males knew how much trouble they were in. Wonwoo sits in the cart filled with cereal boxes. Mingyu looks at him and then back at the employer coming their way. Mingyu decides that he is absolutely insane

“RUN”

Wonwoo is bewildered WHAT?”

The tall idiot holds out his hand and the other male immediately slips his hand in Mingyu’s, Wonwoo hops out of the cart and they make a run for it.

They run out together, hand-in-hand, out of the store and out of the mall, in thrill of hearing employees shouting after them. They end up running to the park again. Upon entering the park, they slowdown their pace, breathing heavily. They stop to catch their breaths, turn to each other and they smile. Their smiles turn into a burst of laughter.

“I cannot believe that just ing happened” Wonwoo says.

“Once in a life time experience” Mingyu winks and Wonwoo laughs even more.

“Yeah, it definitely is now since we’re probably banned from entering the store. We didn’t even get to buy the bread”, Wonwoo pouts. Mingyu just chuckles.

Mingyu realises that they were still holding hands, and he starts to blush.

“Uh…maybe I should let go now…”

But before Mingyu could move his hand away, the other male grips on a little tighter.

“No, it’s okay…my hand is heavy and I need you to hold it for me”

Wonwoo winks at Mingyu and the taller just laughs. “You’re so lame”

They walk for a while, fingers still interlaced. Mingyu can’t decide whether he wants to let go of the other’s hand or not, because he loves how perfectly Wonwoo’s hand fits into his, but he’s sweating like mad and he can feel his hand warming up, and feels like the shorter male can hear his heart beating like crazy. Wonwoo made it seem like the most natural thing in the world while the taller was freaking out – it was just too hard to believe.

“Hey look! The ducks are still at the pond!”

Mingyu snaps out of his thoughts and turns his head at where Wonwoo is pointing at. The tall giant suddenly finds himself being dragged away by the shorter male to the small pond.

Wonwoo immediately crouches down to be levelled with the ducks, letting go of the taller’s hand. Mingyu suddenly misses the warmth.

Mingyu crouches down with Wonwoo. The shorter male looks away from the ducks and at something across the small pond. Mingyu quirks up his eyebrow as the shorter male makes his way over to the other side of the pond.

The taller stands up and follows Wonwoo until the shorter male crouches down at a bunch of small white flowers just beside the pond. Mingyu crouches down again.

“See this flower? It’s a water lily. Pretty isn’t it?”

Mingyu doesn’t pay attention to the flower though, only staring immensely at the male beside him.

“Yeah…pretty”

Wonwoo continues to ramble on with facts about the water lily, but Mingyu doesn’t listen because he’s too occupied with the other male’s attractiveness. He notices the way he smiles widely, so immersed in talking about what he loves, the way his nose and eyes crinkle upwards and the way he pushes up the circle-lensed glasses with his sweater covered hand.

The tall giant is so immersed into the male beside him that he doesn’t realise that his crouching position wasn’t stable enough to hold him up, so he slowly leans sidewards and –

Water.

He lifts his head above the pond’s surface, looking up to see Wonwoo. He had fallen into the pond, and Wonwoo couldn’t help but try to stifle his laugh. Mingyu groans as there are other spectators just walking along nearby. The male in front of him bursts into laughter, and Mingyu loses track on how many times he had embarrassed himself that day. 

Wonwoo keeps on laughing while Mingyu stumbles to get out of the lukewarm water. As much as the taller loves that cute laugh, he was getting irritated.

“S-Shut up! Help me out!”

Wonwoo calms down his laugh and stretches out his hand.

“How did you even to manage to fall in like that?!”

“Because I was staring and got distracted by your gorgeous face” – Mingyu couldn’t say it out loud.

Mingyu decides to does most unthinkable thing for “revenge”. “Revenge” for Wonwoo laughing at him, or “revenge” for Wonwoo having a distractingly beautiful face – the tall idiot couldn’t decide.

As he reaches for the other’s helping hand, he pulls.

The only thing that Mingyu sees before the male falls is the horrid expression of betrayal and lands in the murky water with him.

Wonwoo lies on top of Mingyu and the taller just laughs his heart out.

“What the , Mingyu?!”

Wonwoo sits up in his drenched clothes with a deadpan expression.

Mingyu laughs, “That’s how I feel about you laughing at me”

Wonwoo pouts and Mingyu just chuckles.

“So…do you want to get off me? I don’t mind if you stay…” Mingyu notes to himself to learn how to shut his mouth. 

Wonwoo was still sitting on top of Mingyu’s stomach and the shorter male blushes slightly, scrambling to get on his feet, mumbling an apology while getting out of the mucky pond.

Mingyu bashes himself up inside his head for saying such an idiotic thing, but he couldn’t help but smile when he caught a glimpse of the shorter male’s blush – it made him happy, and made his heart race.

Wonwoo hesitantly held out his hand once more, Mingyu took it in his, and stood up. When Mingyu was about to let go, the other male tugged it back, and the taller gave him a questionable look. The shorter male looked away from Mingyu.

“M-my hand is heavy...hold it for me…” Wonwoo mumbles and Mingyu can’t help but go red in the face, body slightly sweating. He actually thanked himself for falling in the pond now that his nervous sweating wasn’t evident.

And so they decide unanimously to walk through the park together, hand-in-hand in silence. They find themselves enjoying the silence and the sunset, ignoring the questionable gazes from passers-by.

Mingyu doesn’t realise how much time has passed until he receives a text from Jeonghan.

“I’m sorry, my friend texted me. He said he’d kill me if I didn’t get back before six and bring him food for him”

Wonwoo chuckles, “What is he? Your mum?”

“You know what, now that I think about it, he kind of is a mum friend”

They both laugh.

“Well, as regrettable as it is, I guess I should be leaving too – it’s getting kind of late”

“Yeah, I guess…”

They exit the park together, both regretting the feeling of letting go of the other’s hand.

“Um…see you around I guess”

Wonwoo nods. “Yeah…call me when you get home”

Mingyu nods as well, waving goodbye, and Wonwoo waves back. They both walk in opposite directions.

Water drips from Mingyu’s body and clothes, a trail of dripping water left behind each step he takes. Passers-by give him weird and strange glances, but he doesn’t care. He’s smiling so wide that he’s sure people fifty metres away could probably see it. He’s smiling so much as if he had won the lottery. No, this was better than winning the lottery – seeing Wonwoo smile and laugh so much on this day in contrast of when he first met the other male…it was the best thing in the world.

 


 

“Mingyu? Is that you? Welcome ba- what on Jesus s happened to you?!”

Mingyu closes the door behind him, struggling to slip out of his shoes whilst balancing with the two heavy bags in both his hands. He grimaces at the feeling of his wet socks, and looks up to see his temporary roommate at the end of the hallway who’s giving him an outlandish expression.

“I’ll tell you later. Right now I really want to take a shower. It’s a long story, but I couldn’t get actual groceries and I don’t think I can for a long while, so I just got us a large supply of cup noodles from the convenience store”

Mingyu ruffles his hair and takes off his wet socks. The tall giant drops the bags on the counter top and he walks to the bathroom to put the wet socks into the laundry hamper.

He strips out of his clothes, turning on the shower tap to run the water. After the water turns into a warmer temperature, he steps in and cleans himself up.

After he finishes showering, he dries his hair and wraps a fluffy white towel around his waist and walks out to his bedroom to get new clothes. He puts on a normal black t-shirt with sweats and walks into the bathroom again to place the towel back.

He walks out to the smell of cheap chicken flavoured cup noodles which Jeonghan was in the living room already eating and watching the large screen in front of him.

“I left your cup in the kitchen. I know you don’t like soggy noodles so I didn’t pour the water in it”

“Okay, thanks”

He enters the kitchen and turns on the kettle to boil the water. As he waits for the water to bubble up, his mind leads him to think about his day. The way Wonwoo dressed, the way Wonwoo laughed, the way Wonwoo pouted, the way Wonwoo smiled, the way Wonwoo blushed – he wanted to see it all again.

He remembers how Wonwoo had asked him to call him once he arrived home, so he goes into the bathroom where his phone was placed on the bench. He walks back out and into the kitchen, scrolling through his contacts to the certain male’s name.

His thumb hovers over Wonwoo’s name in hesitation, still a little nervous of what Wonwoo may have thought about today.

He clicks his name and presses call, waiting for the male on the other end to pick up.

“Hello?” a deep voice from the phone asks.

“Hey! Did you get home safely yet?”

Mingyu doesn’t know that the other male has a large smile spread across his face. “Yeah, I did. I’m eating dinner with my roommate at the moment. How about you?”

“Unless you count two dollar cup noodles from the convenient store then I’m doing the same”

Mingyu hears a chuckle on the other end of the phone.

“I really enjoyed our time today”

“Yeah, I did to” Mingyu says fondly. “I’m sorry about the ducks though. Maybe next time we can bring bread in advance so that we don’t have to get banned another grocery store”

“…sooo, there’s going to be a next time?”

Silence crosses over the line.

“…only if you want there to be” Mingyu says.

“Sure! We can catch up another time then”

And with that, Mingyu’s heart explodes. Apart of him was certain that what had happened today would be a one-time thing, and that he wouldn’t have the opportunity to see him again. But with that answer, maybe, just maybe, Mingyu had a chance. He wasn’t sure if was a chance for just friendship, a genuine relationship, or even a soulmate relationship, but he was sure that he was able to see and be with the other male again.

They continue their conversation as Mingyu pours the boiled water into the cup of noodles, closing the paper lid and putting a pair of chopsticks on top to entrap the heat, letting the raw noodles cook inside.

“I’m going to hang up. My roommate is annoying me and I have to take care of his . I’ll talk to you soon, okay?”

“No worries. Have a good night!”

“Yeah, you too!”

They hang up, and Mingyu smiles at the small screen. He shoves his phone into his pocket of his sweat pants and brings the cup over to the living room where his friend is lazing on the couch with an empty noodle cup left on the table.

“Who were you talking to? Was it your date? Why did you look like a drowned rat when you walked in? Why couldn’t you get me actual groceries?”

The tall giant sighs and rolls his eyes as he lifts up his friend’s legs (that were taking up the whole couch), sits down and sets his legs on his lap. He had a prediction that his friend would interrogate him as soon as he got home. Mingyu guessed it was a motherly instinct.

Mingyu then proceeds to tell his friend his whole day from start to finish, occasionally blushing and hitting Jeonghan’s leg for obnoxiously laughing.

“Wow, that was a rollercoaster. That was cute though, reminds me of when…” Jeonghan doesn’t finish his sentence, sticking his eyes to the screen and gives a sad sigh. Mingyu guessed it was about Seungcheol. He puts down his now empty noodle cup and cuddles up against his friend. Jeonghan sits up leans in closer to Mingyu as the taller rubs his back affectionately.

“…that bruise on your forehead has grown by the way. You look dumb”

Mingyu slowly raises his hand to his forehead, feeling a bump, and winces in pain. He had actually forgotten about it and groans.

“Thanks for the reminder. I actually forgot about it”

“You’re welcome”

Mingyu rolls his eyes, wanting to fire back at the shorter male for insulting him, but he supposes – as the kind friend he is – that if insulting him made his friend feel better, then he would let it slide.

They stay like that for a while until late, and Mingyu decides that it’s time to head off to sleep. He sees that his friend had already fallen asleep, so he slowly tucks Jeonghan under soft blanket, careful not to wake him up. After going to the bathroom and brushing his teeth, he walks into his bedroom as he yawns.

He flops down into his bed, pulling out his phone from his pocket and turns it on. He sees a notification from Wonwoo and immediately unlocks his phone.

Jeon Wonwoo

I’m going to bed now. I said it already, but I really did enjoy our time together today. 11:34PM

Let’s do it again sometime! Good night~~ 11:35PM

Mingyu smiles and types back

Same here. I’m really glad that I got to get to know you more. 12:03AM

I hope we can spend more time soon. 12:03AM

I hope you’re sleeping well 12:04PM

Mingyu shuts off his phone and sets t on the bed side table. The light provided from the moon shines into Mingyu’s room, allowing the tall male to see the anemone flowers set on the window sill. The flowers are dying out, and Mingyu notes to himself to buy another bunch from Joshua.

He closes his eyes with an uncertain feeling in his chest. He ignores the odd feeling, and drifts off into sleep with the rest of the city. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: 6000+ words of crap and cringiness. I also googled those pick up lines and cried on the inside while typing them because it's so in cringey but I seriously feel like Mingyu and Wonwoo would dish out pick up lines to eachother

The aspect of Mingyu and Wonwoo arguing was inspired by two classmates in my commerce class lmao. Basically they're both the smartest kids in my class. The girl sits next to me, and the boy sits at the back of the class. Basically when we're having a class discussion, the boy always sounds sophisticated with his wording (and uses words I have never heard of) and dishes out some smartass points, and most of the time, the girl that sits next to me disagrees with him alot: which results into a huge debate. They always battle it out while the class watches until the teacher decides to calm them down. And honestly... I ship them. A L O T. They're seriously so cute, because when they're not arguing, they talk to eachother really fondly and I always just giggle on the inside. They will never know that I have written a fanfiction chapter off of them since (believe it or not) I'm the quietest girl in my commerce class. hehe. Although I feel like the inspiration of my classmates are more intergrated in the aspect of Mingyu's and Jeonghan's relationship :33 I don't want to share their names since it's rude, but the girl's name starts with C, and the boy is A. CxA is an OTP of mine. woops.