water drops fall from above (Prologue.)

Don't Let It Rain

우산 아래 나직했던 속삭임

가슴 켠에 퍼져 네가 들려

오늘 하루 안부를 묻듯이

편안한 빗소리

아련히 물든 기억 너란 빗속에

Your soft whispers under the umbrella

It spreads in a corner of my heart, I can hear you

The sound of the rain sounds peaceful, as if it’s asking me how my day was

In the raindrops of you, coloured with the faraway memories

Woo, rain, woo… dreaming in the rain

 


 

Mingyu looked up to the night sky. There were grey clouds crowding the dark sky, signalling a rainfall to occur. Just like the weather forecast had predicted.

", I forgot my umbrella"

Mingyu was taking a silent walk back from the convenient store to his apartment. Cool wind blew over, making him pull his hoodie over his head. There were few passers-by at this time of night. A few business men in fancy suits and holding suitcases, phones pressed against their ear. A teenager with headphones covering his ears - the night was so quiet; you could hear the teenager's electro pop music a few meters away. A woman with a thick coat, clutching on to her handbag, and the sound of her high heels clicking against the pathway cement. The sniffle of a crying grown male.

Mingyu looked to his right. He spotted a dark haired male, slumped against the bus stop seat, the palms of his sweater against his eyes while the fabric collected his tears. Soon, there was a crackle of thunder, rain starting to sprinkle down on them. The tall male stopped in his tracks, not knowing what to do.

Mingyu was the nicest person you would ever meet - said by his friends. The giant was as fluffy as a marshmallow. He always thought of others before himself - which was why so many of his relationships ended with his partners dumping him instead of the other way around. He always thought of them. He always tried his best to suit what the others wanted. But in the end, within every relationship, he was told that he was "boring" and wasn't possessive enough to make them feel like they were really loved. Like when they asked him if they could hang out with their "guy friends" for the night. Mingyu always said yes without hesitation - he could never see what the problem was. Or like how he was never the one to initiate the intimacy unless the partner did it first. It didn't matter in the end any way; they were only after his looks.

Mingyu looked down at his grocery bags, and then looked back up at the crying male. The giant looked up to the sky - it was raining. He was tired from all the work he had to continue, and had only stepped out of his room because he was hungry. The tall male had really wanted to quickly go home, eat his food, and have a nice nap before waking up to finish off his works in which he had planned to do until four in the morning. It seemed like Mingyu's kindness had changed his priorities.

"U-um, hey there. You're going to catch a cold if stay here any longer". Mingyu stood next to the bus seat, looking down at the mysterious male while clutching tightly at the plastic bags in his left hand.

The unknown figure looked up from his hands and looked straight into Mingyu's eyes. The first this Mingyu noticed was how beautiful the sharp eyes the male had suited him very well. They were glossed over, tears filling the brims of his eyes. He was gorgeous. I think you would look better without those tears - He couldn't manage to say it out loud.

"Uh..." Mingyu continued. "Are you okay?"

There was a silence between them, only the pattering of the raindrops to be heard on top of the bus shelter.

The unknown male sniffled. He wiped his eyes, his sleeves absorbing his tears.

"I'm okay"

"No, you're not”

The mysterious male was startled. "W-what?"

"I said you're not okay", Mingyu said as he sat down next to the sharp eyed male. "But that's okay. It's okay to not be okay. Sometimes you just have to flush out your feelings, you know? There's no need to lie about it"

The teary male looked up to the tall figure and stared. He was quite stunning...and very, very tall, considering that he was seen as tall himself, and this male was a little taller.

"U-uh...” Mingyu stuttered. "Do you have a place? I mean, I could walk you home. I-I mean you don't have to walk with me, but you should really get home and out of this rain. You might catch a cold you know?"

The shorter male giggled slightly.

The tall stranger was quite cute and very kind the mysterious figure thought. He thought that it would just be another night, crying alone again - per usual, so it was interesting enough to say that this was out of the ordinary.

"I'm okay now. Thank you", the stranger said.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. I'll be fine. Thank you for being here. I think I really needed that", the mysterious stranger gave a soft smile.

The stranger stood up, and walked out into the rain, leaving Mingyu stunned by his smile. And he didn't even catch his name.

 

 

 


Please be aware that this is just a prologue, so it is quite short.

next chapter to be uploaded tomorrow,,