Ep 15

Yong Pal Alternate Scenes

Ep 15.

 

The newly married couple just had their first fight regarding Chief Lee’s life, but in the big picture it was about the right morals even for a crocodile, and both are in their respective rooms, contemplating whether to call the other.

 

Tae Hyun sees his phone ring and the one name he was about to call appeared on the screen. After a moment of hesitation, stressed by the sudden rift between them, he slid the green button across the screen.

YJ: “Jebal, come to my room”

TH: Pause. “Adasseo, I’m coming.”

 

With that, he leaves his phone on the guest room’s bed and by doing so, misses a call from the ex-chairman’s wife. And so even though it was not allowed, he sneaks out and walks to the main building where Yeo Jin’s room is. It was 1 am, but there were still a few guards scattered here and there. However, there were no guards in front of her room so he figured she called them off for a while. Tae Hyun entered the room, not knowing what to expect and hopeful that some of that girl he fell in love with was still in this new Yeo Jin. He could tell she had been sobbing, but she put on a brave face. He decided to speak first and break the silence:

 

TH: “I don’t blame you Yeo Jina…You know I’d never hurt you and that I didn’t mean it when I said today that I regret saving you from the 12th floor.”

Maintaining the brave face was getting tougher and tougher by the second and her face showed the first signs of cracking.

TH: “I love you Yeo Jina. You are not able to be vulnerable around others but you can around me. I’m here for you.”

At this she completely breaks down and cries, whimpering into his chest.

YJ: “Biane Tae Hyun.”

He releases her and takes something out of his pocket: the ring that he had been meaning to give her. On one knee, he says, “I’m not good at these things and I know power can change people, but know that I’ll always be here for you. Will you… marry me?”

Her tears of pain turn to ones of happiness and she says “Yes.”

Slipping the ring on her finger, he stands up and kisses her softly, at first tenderly then with more passion. They lie on her bed and talk deep into the night.

TH: “So…Is this our room from now on?” he jokes.

Yeo Jin gives him a glare but breaks into a smile as she cuddles him, her head on his chest and his arm wrapped around her.

YJ: “I’m really really happy,” she sighs.

TH: “You make me happy.”

 

The next morning, the rays of light streams into the room and the camera pans to the blissful couple asleep on the bed. Yeo Jin wakes up first and sighs with content in Tae Hyun’s arms. One thing that bothers her is that she knows she can’t have both him and her throne. Oh ironically, why does this remind her of Sung Hoon Oppa's predicament? Her thoughts are interrupted when Tae Hyun blinks and wakes up.

TH: “Good morning.”

YJ: “Morning you, I wish we could stay like this forever.”

He presses his lips to her forehead. There is a knock on the door.

YJ: “Give me a second.” The door opens anyway and the head maid opens her eyes wide upon seeing the situation. Frazzled the head maid says, “Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t know sir would be here. Ah…”

The chefs and other maids peek through the door before it close and couldn’t help but giggle. They shared the same sentiment: “These lovebirds are beyond cute.” After many years of strict rule under Han Do Joon, this was an awesome change of place. This couple is truly in love unlike Do Joon and his prisoner, Chae Young. Tae Hyun had already won them over by taking great care of their chairwoman the night before, cooking and even washing the dishes. He’s not there for the power, a case with almost all spouses of the chairmen/chairwomen.

Embarassed, Yeo Jin buries her face under the covers and Tae Hyun lift up the covers to kiss her.

YJ: “Ya… we should get up. We’ll both be late to work.”

TH: “Ok, ok” he chuckles.

They both change and then she puts on his tie for him. Yeo Jin sees him off to the hospital and can only wonder how she’s going to escape her fate with the throne of Hanshin.