Ep 17 + 18(End)

Yong Pal Alternate Scenes

Ep 18 (End).

 

Tae Hyun goes to work and discovers that Yeo Jin had not only been imprisoning her brother the same way she was for 3 years but she killed him last night. He is appalled at how Yeo Jin can have such opposite personalities as if there was an ongoing battle within her. He decides to leave because he could not take it anymore, not one more day of the corrupt hospital politics, not one more day pretending to be a doctor on the 12th floor. What has he become, he wonders. He was better off treating gang members even if it was illegal. One thing he has learned about medical practice is that every doctor walks the fine line between good and evil and few humanist doctors exist.

He says goodbye to all his friends at Hanshin hospital… now he has friends he chuckles to himself. He is driven to the mansion by his bodyguard. First, he quickly grabs his few possessions, then he texts Yeo Jin rather than meet face to face because yes he admits, he is a coward and knows he wouldn’t be able to leave Yeo Jin here:  

“Come back to me anytime, to the 1st floor. I’ll be waiting.”

Taking one last look at the life he never wanted, he drives away.

 

4 months pass…

 

Tae Hyun turns on the tv. He is joined by Chae Young on the couch. Nowadays his life is simple: his sister is back from US and he runs a clinic named 1st Floor Clinic. What shows up on the screen surprises him. He sees Yeo Jin collapse on tv at what seems to be an assembly and his heart breaks. Immediately he knows something is wrong and fears it’s time for the crocodile queen to be overthrown. That night, he stays up unable to sleep. He finally decides to call her. She doesn’t pick up and he thinks to himself that she must be asleep.

 

Tae Hyun suddenly enters her room through the window.

YJ: “How…”

TH: “Are you okay, are you sick?”

YJ: “It’s just stress, really, I got it checked out already.”

TH: “Ani. It’s not okay. I know something’s wrong.”

He envelops her with his arms and she melts into his embrace. Her cold stiff body warms at the touch of the one she longed for so badly.

TH: “I’m sorry Yeo Jina. I haven’t been there for you like I said I would.”

YJ: “You’re here now aren’t you…”

Then she suddenly wakes from her dream and tears roll down her face as she thinks about the sad reality: he doesn’t want her anymore. She’s alone.

 

The next morning, the Head Maid shows up at TH’s front door.  

Head Maid: “Chairwoman is sick and she needs you. They haven’t diagnosed her with anything, but I don’t believe it. I’m sure it’s a scam ordered from above. Chae Young’s got spies all over and is corroborating with the board to kill the chairwoman. You must go to Yeo Jin.”

 

Chae Young: “Yah dongsaeng, who are you talking to?”

Before she comes into his room, he steps out and says, “Just with a patient on the phone. Let’s go have breakfast.”

Inside, he felt betrayed and stupid. He should’ve known Chae Young wanted revenge for her deceased husband and only got close to himself to pull cover for her revenge. “No, I won’t let it happen,” he thought.

He closes his clinic for the day and heads out. Little does he know Chae Young was going to the same place. Chae young gets there first and is let in by her spies. Once she gets to Yeo Jin’s room, she has a hateful speech revealing true intentions. She talks about how she’s been poisoning her and no one will ever know, especially Tae Hyun who threw her away. Tae Hyun arrives and secretly records Chae Young’s speech as evidence. He motions for the head nurse to notify the police in coming to the mansion. Suddenly, CY slaps Yeo Jin. She screams out in pain. He bursts into the room and stops Chae Young before she can slap Yeo Jin again. He wraps his arms around his wife defensively and turns them around to put himself between her and her antagonist.

CY: “Omo. Dongsaeng what are you doing here?” feigning ignorance.

TH: “Cut the bull, I know everything.”

The police arrive and takes CY away once and for all. TH hands over the incriminating recording to the police in which she unknowingly mentioned all the people who plotted to kill Yeo Jin. During all this time, Tae Hyun had been holding Yeo Jin. She starts trembling and finally spoke.

YJ: “I was so scared and alone. I missed you so much.”

TH: “I’m so sorry Yeo jin. It’s okay now. I got you, I’ll protect you. I love you, I love you so much.”

YJ: “I thought you threw me away.”

TH: “I didn’t. I’ve just been blinded by my own inability to face this world of yours and couldn’t face you on the day I left.”

She faints in his arms and he rushes her to the hospital. Since the place is full of corruption, he can only trust his nurse friends and Chief Lee to take care of her. The results come back and it’s not anything too serious. It seems the poison has induced acute liver failure. Fortunately, it hasn’t been for too long of a time and toward the end, head maid had realized the problem so switched out the water when the spy maids were not watching.

Tae Hyun stayed with her everyday in the ICU and she was treated with medication to reverse the effects of the poison.

After Yeo Jin made her full recovery, she decided it was time to roll up her sleeves and set things back into order. With all her opponents locked up in jail, things would be easier now but she didn’t want her throne anymore. She had achieved what her dad wanted and now it was time for her to follow what she wanted: a peaceful life with Tae Hyun. However, she couldn’t leave the CEO position up for grabs among the many large shareholders. Deep in thought, she didn’t realize Tae Hyun had woken up beside her. He her hair lovingly.

TH: “Hey…Don’t worry about coming down to the 1st floor. I’ll meet you on the 7th.”

With the new compromise, the couple lived happily, using morals to rule Hanshin Group and created a growing, sanctuary island amidst the dark, murky swamp where the crocodiles lived.