i'm checking (you) out [zikyung]

block b drabbles

prompt: cashier!au

-

it was 11pm and kyung had ran out of milk to go with his cereal. a code red emergency.

kyung, a strong advocate against eating dry cereal, made a mad dash for the nearest convenient store and snagged a carton of milk of the shelf.

he could never understand how people ate cereal dry. how could anyone eat this heaven-sent victual without milk? 

but wait, that's not even the biggest sin in kyung's eyes. it gets even worse when people use flavoured milk to go with cereal. why would you deny yourself the opportunity of savouring the true, original flavour of the cereal? it should be a punishable crime, really.

kyung plopped his milk carton down on the check out counter as he reached into his sweatpants' pocket and pulled out some loose change.

"why are you buying milk at this hour?" the cashier cocked his head curiously.

kyung looked up, stunned by how good looking the cashier was. he glanced at his name badge. zico.

he cleared his throat before saying, "um, i don't eat my cereal dry. and i ran out of milk. anyway, i'm checking you out."

the cashier's eyes widened.

"i mean, i'm checking this out. this." kyung corrected himself, pointing at the milk carton that sat on the shiny, stainless steel counter.

the cashier's lips quirked up and asked,"do you know what's a freudian slip? it's when you unintentionally make a mistake that reveals your subconscious thoughts."

"your point is?" kyung frowned, confused as to why this zico guy is bringing in complicated terminologies.

"you were saying something about checking me out?" zico smirked.