get out of my (solar) system [taepyo]

block b drabbles

taeil dies. and everything reminds jihoon of taeil.

-

jihoon lies down on their king sized bed, back sprawled on the mattress, looking up blankly at the ceiling.

their bed, which once felt so cramped, now feels so empty, reminding jihoon of taeil's absence.

his eyes trace the complicated swirls of the celing light, and his heart clenches. taeil had wanted a design that was easier on the eyes, but jihoon threw a tantrum and insisted on this particular one.

the neck of the wine bottle fitted snugly into his palms. his thumb runs over the cold, smooth surface of the glass as he brings the bottle to his lips, chugging its remaining contents.

he's not sure what is making his head throb. is it the bright light or is it the alcohol? 

he stumbles towards the curtains, tripping over his own feet once or twice. he draws the curtains. , why is the moon so bright and full tonight.

taeil used to compare him to the moon. what was that stupid quote taeil always used again? oh. right. "you're my sun, my moon, and all of my stars." 

and now jihoon can't even look at planets and stars without thinking of taeil. just great.

jihoon glances to his right and something on the glass window pane catches his eyes. he moved closer to get a better look. 

"i love you a little more than i hate you, loser."

he inhaled sharply. he and taeil had this little game they played.

it all started when they first moved in together into jihoon's house and taeil saw that he had written "lee taeil" on a wall. the next day, jihoon saw that taeil had written "pyo jihoon " on one of the kitchen drawers.

they would secretly write dumb notes for each other at different places of the house, waiting for the other person to discover it.

there wasn't a fixed timing for when they did this, really. if they did it individually, whenever they felt like it. 

jihoon has never seen this one before. it must have been written just days before the incident happened. 

jihoon brings a trembling finger towards the wall. he didn't dare to touch it, the last, untouched remnant of taeil he had left.

jihoon looks out of the window, his chest heaving with uncontrolled sobs.

he sees taeil outside of the window.

what the ? he wipes away the tears that were clouding his sight. but taeil is still there. 

"jihoon, don't cry." taeil smiles. 

damn, jihoon has missed taeil's smile.

"come join me." taeil coaxes.

jihoon slides open the window pane and gets up onto the ledge, ready to join taeil.

-

a/n: personally, i don't take a huge liking towards angsty stories. perhaps it's the stress of my exams, but this is one of those rare occasions where i feel the urge to write something angst based.