a first [taepyo]

block b drabbles

prompt: person A calls person B "babe" for the first time and person A is just like (●///●)

-

taeil has never been one for cheesy nicknames. neither has jihoon (or so taeil thought).

countless times, the duo would be sitted on the couch, laughing and mocking at the cheesy couples of whatever show they're watching. (with taeil constantly swatting jihoon's hand away from his chest. "but it's so soft," jihoon would whine, before his hand finds its way back onto taeil's chest.)

"i would never understand why people use dumb nicknames like that. we were given names for a reason." taeil would roll his eyes.

and the typical jihoon answer would be,"yeah, i know right?"

that's his answer to basically everything taeil says. conformity has never been jihoon's thing. but somehow, he can never seem to object taeil.

one night, as they were sitted on the couch as usual, jihoon said,"babe."

taeil looked up. "what?"

"do you want to-"

"no, what did you just say?" taeil felt a faint blush creeping up his face.

"you mean 'babe'?" 

"yeah. that." 

"why? you hate it?" jihoon tilted his head.

come to think of it, taeil doesn't exactly hate it, after hearing the word come out of jihoon's mouth. it just makes him uncomfortable because they've always been just "taeil" and "jihoon" to each other.

"i don't hate it. it's just weird for me." 

"if i keep using it, you'll get used to it, babe." jihoon grinned.

"stop!" taeil childishly pressed his palms against his ears.

"babe babe babe babe babe babe." jihoon teased.