First part

Bookmark

*I’m waiting between
the spaces of hope and fear here I am
in the frozen time.
Do you see here I stand?
To make it easy to find
Come back here I stay
don’t be too late!
Remember that I will always be here

**Lovelyz’s Bookmark

 

Both Soojung and Mijoo reached at the age when they no longer attended junior high school anymore but high school, and since then they started to feel differently about each other. As they grew up, Soojung often liked to be alone by herself instead of hanging out with Mijoo, while the latter’s loud attitude had never left inside her. The tall one liked to bug Soojung just to have their time spent more for each other, but Soojung preferred to stay at her home and read books instead.

“Soojung-ah, you’re getting boring!” Mijoo had once whined about her friend. Soojung was the only friend she got at school ever since they were little, but the latter didn’t want to play with her anymore. Soojung practically just ignored her and read her books further.

I’ve never seen such a boring kid like you. Go and play with her; entertain yourself! Don’t be such a bummer!” Even Soojung’s mother wasn’t fond of Soojung’s personality. The daughter groaned in annoyance as she gave in to Mijoo’s constant plead and her mother’s command. The best friends then moved to the nearest playground from their residential but Soojung didn’t forget to bring the book she was reading recently.

Mijoo noticed her friend had grown quieter than her usual personality and she was wondering why. Soojung was a bubbly kid and liked to play around but as she turning 17, she became reserved and didn’t talk much. Her only interest back then was books; she was so engrossed in them.

“What’s so fun about that book?” Soojung heard Mijoo murmured and turned her head beside her to find Mijoo pouting while kicking the sandy ground. Soojung’s mouth curved into a smile at her friend who’s sulking because of her. “This book is so fun. It’s about detectives!”

“I don’t find mysterious genre interesting!” Mijoo retorted then snorted at her. Soojung shook her head in disagreement. “But you watch Sherlock Holmes, James Bond, Harry Potter…” “Harry Potter is a wizard!”  

Soojung stopped pacing as her whole body faced Mijoo directly. “Mijoo-yah…” The mentioned girl spun around as Soojung was behind her. “You don’t have to like the same thing as I do just because we’re friends. It’s enough I understand your likes and dislikes and you respect my likes and dislikes as well. Do you understand?”

Mijoo was still sulking despite Soojung’s statement was right. “But you and I are drifting apart because of that new hobby of yours. So, should I be offended or not?” The question wasn’t even deadly but Soojung could feel a blade protruded her heart. It made her realized Mijoo just wanted to being back to the old them where they always had fun when they were with each other until Soojung’s new hobby ruined them.

The shorter girl had no choice but to grab a hold of Mijoo’s shoulders and looked at her eyes. The moment Soojung’s eyes landed directly into Mijoo’s, her heart skipped a beat and almost left her breathless before she got to say something.

“I…” Mijoo looked at Soojung expectantly. The latter blinked her eyes in consciousness and began to speak again. “I’m sorry that you’re hurt. I promise, no more neglecting you for my books.” Mijoo grinned widely in victory until Soojung spoke again. “But I’m still not leaving my books. It’s just that I will spend more time for you evenly. How does it sound?”

Mijoo wasn’t that pleased to be honest with Soojung’s closure but she had to give in. At least she still would get the same attention from her friend like before.

She honestly would want to choke whoever made Soojung into reading books.

*

Time passed until they turned 18 and Soojung kept her promise with Mijoo, except that she stayed a bit late at school to take her time reading in the library. If any place she favored to start reading the books she’s interested in, it’s library. After the last class of the school routine ended, she would be dragging her short legs to the library and started reading.

Mijoo started to follow Soojung’s routine everyday so that the friends could still be stick together and not drifted apart. Although library and especially reading books weren’t her things, because of Soojung she got to step into the library. And while Soojung read the book between the bookshelves and not at the desk while standing and crossing her legs, Mijoo would land her on the cold floor and her legs stood on its feet before her.

“Are you finished yet?” was Mijoo’s cliché question. Soojung took her eyes off from the book to look at Mijoo briefly. “No…just go first!”

Instead of walking home on her own, Mijoo waited still at her spot for Soojung. The latter felt like she was eyed by someone and when she lowered down the book from her sight, her eyes were caught with Mijoo.

Dup dap. There it went again, Soojung’s heart beat rapidly whenever her eyes were staring into Mijoo’s. The latter then shot Soojung her infamous gummy smile. “I’ll be waiting until you’re done.”

The same routine was repeated even until Mijoo no longer squatted before Soojung but would play with her new made friend, Jisoo until her friend finished her reading.

Mijoo met Jisoo when she finally decided to join netball sports club so that she could get additional academic marks to get into college. She was good in sports even since she was in elementary school so it wasn’t that hard for her to adapt with the new situation. When she finished practice and saw Soojung wasn’t by the side waiting for her, she would search for the girl in the library and she was right; Soojung was still reading.

With the ball in her arms she came closer to where Soojung was standing. “Are you done yet?” Usually Soojung’s answer would be no but upon meeting with Mijoo’s exhausted eyes, she gave in and had to say she was done for the day. The two friends walked back home together not until they grabbed some ice cream in the convenience store and took a walk for a little while more before calling it a day.

They talked whatever they had missed each other for the day even though they were in the same class, so practically Mijoo just talked about her practices and Soojung talked about the books she read. The one thing Mijoo marked the most memorable thing about Soojung at the moment; her friend liked mysterious kind of books over romantic cliché of novels. Mijoo knew Soojung read about those books more often than their syllabus, but the older one managed to score well in her exam which Mijoo envied of the most.

Meanwhile for Soojung, ever since Mijoo joined the sports club, she noticed her friend talked a lot about Jisoo, the netball captain. It would be a lie if Soojung said she wasn’t jealous; which person wouldn’t be jealous when your best friend started to like a different friend than you; Soojung concluded.

The question kept bugging her mind until they reached Soojung’s house. “Don’t be too obsessed over mysterious things. Take note of romantic feelings as well; read romance novel!” advised Mijoo before she closed the gap and kissed the crown of Soojung’s head and walked to her home which a few feet away from there.

Dup dap. The heart beat again!

*

During recess, since Mijoo had to attend netball club meeting for next competition, Soojung went to eat alone in the cafeteria. Soojung wasn’t exactly arrogant with her classmates but all these years, Mijoo had been her only friend and it was only awkward for her to suddenly being friendly to her classmates and ate with them.

At least she thought she was going to eat alone until her assistant class rep took the vacant seat in front of her and her friends followed to sit in Soojung’s table. “I often see you eat with Mijoo, but now you’re alone!” said the nice assistant, Jiae. Soojung nodded her head in agreement as she munched on her food.

“She got netball club meeting; so I’m alone today!” replied Soojung which received “Ooh” and “Ahh” as the responses. “Haven’t you decided on a club too? You’re doing pretty well in exam, but you need additional marks in order to get into college.” Myungeun, one of Jiae’s friends asked. The girl was known to have a 4D personality and Soojung thought she would never get along with her, but Myungeun didn’t seem bad as a friend. She looked concern for her even.

“I don’t know what to do with that, honestly,” Soojung answered and shook her head as she flashed her sheepish smile. “Wow, you got pretty dimples. It’s really rare for us to see that!” The angelic like girl named Jiyeon claimed as she was astonished to see from a close distance Soojung’s dimples boring her cheeks whenever she smiled. “Why don’t you join singing club? Myungeun and I are in it. Or perhaps you’ll join Jiae for acting club?”

Soojung honestly was interested at singing club, but she wasn’t really into singing except music. She liked to play musical instruments than to act as the performer, so she shook her head. Jiae furrowed her eyebrows. “So what are you interested in? I see you go to the library every day, do you like books perhaps?” Jiae assumed which earned a nod from Soojung. The assistant class rep made an ‘O’ shaped mouth upon Soojung’s simple answer.

“Why don’t you join the journalist club then? I heard you’ll get to personally write for our school magazine, compile all types of writings like poems, short stories and etc written by the students in our school, took pictures and so on. Or you can even write the short stories or poems to include in the magazine yourself!” suggested Myungeun.

Her idea wasn’t so bad since Soojung was interested in reading, and she started to write something on her own too. She didn’t save in on draft in her laptop but would scribble things on her notebooks. Then she remembered Mijoo told her to revolve around romance as well, so being in the journalist club wasn’t a bad choice, Soojung ensured.

Meanwhile as Mijoo finished with her netball club meeting, she returned to her classrooms for a while to take her personal belongings until she remembered something in her bag. It was good that she discovered it before the thing would be forgotten in her bag and left the thing inside Soojung’s locker through the small available space. As Mijoo just about to walk by herself to the cafeteria, Jisoo invited her for a joint lunch at the school rooftop. The place was cliché for every part of students in schools but she complied with her new made friend nevertheless. It was a good thing the place was free of people.

“Don’t students usually like to lag off here?” asked Mijoo who’s in amusement at the empty place to Jisoo. The other girl smirked in return as she answered to Mijoo’s curiosity – “I was like you; thought this place must be common among students but turned out I was the only one who liked being here. The drama was merely a bluff!” remarked Jisoo as Mijoo laughed at her talks.

The both of them traded stories as they finished Jisoo’s lunchbox. Time flew quickly until it was time they had to go back to class. Mijoo was about to leave first because she was worried of Soojung who she thought ate alone for lunch but her steps halted when Jisoo grabbed her wrist, preventing her to go.

“Mijoo, I know you like Soojung. Heck, I acknowledge you’re willing to wait for her every day until evening that she finished her routine in the library because you’re mad for her. You’re in love with her. I know that.”

Mijoo spun around when she felt the strangeness in Jisoo’s way of speech. “Jisoo, what do you really want?” The said girl released the hold on Mijoo’s hand and took a step closer until she held Mijoo’s shoulder down back. “At least, I want this for once. Just like you; I’m in love!”

Mijoo could feel her back automatically bent lower as Jisoo’s face above her, crushing her lips with hers. The thirsty for kiss was real as Jisoo wrapped her hands around Mijoo’s slim waist. Unable to resist the temptation, Mijoo went along with Jisoo’s plead because like Jisoo meant; they both were actually desperate but in different ways.

Jisoo’s tongue got into Mijoo’s mouth and fought to dominate the tongue battle. Being in the bottom gave a disadvantage to Mijoo as Jisoo won. It continued like that as Jisoo’s hands travelled from Mijoo’s cheeks to her dreamy legs until it got to Mijoo’s underneath her skirt. Sudden realization hit Mijoo’s head.

This isn’t right! This isn’t Soojung!

The hot moment was going to keep on if Mijoo didn’t push Jisoo away from her. If she gave in to her , Mijoo was going to let Jisoo kept touching her but she knew it wasn’t right! Jisoo knew it too that Mijoo wasn’t into her and if Mijoo let her do that, Jisoo would get hurt more.

“I’m sorry Jisoo, but you’re going to be more hurt if we keep this!”

Mijoo had to leave Jisoo alone on the rooftop, weeping that her plan didn’t go well. Mijoo was almost under her skin until her feelings knocked on her conscience. If not for that, Jisoo would be wailing for consequences.

 

 

Soojung had registered her name under the journalist club, but it wasn’t going to be active until next week. Thus taking this advantage, Soojung ran slowly with her short legs to the library to have some more reading the books she was into from where she stopped at. She hadn’t heard from Mijoo and she assumed the said girl probably had netball practice again, like usual. 

It was like half of an hour since Soojung began her reading when she heard Mijoo’s voice. “Are you done?” Soojung was honestly startled because Mijoo had never appeared too early like that before her. Soojung said no as she was getting more interested into her readings, but she took notice the sweats on Mijoo’s face and body. “You looked horrible.”

“The practice was tough and I don’t feel well. I want to go home early!” Soojung honestly wanted to comply with Mijoo’s request but she asked for Mijoo for another half an hour until she finished her part. Mijoo looked like she’s going to faint anytime soon and Soojung felt sorry. The younger despite acting weak with her body, she gave Soojung another chance until she came back.

Mijoo would love to go on with her netball practice only if Jisoo wasn’t her teammate for the day. Worse case was that they were partnered and had to stay close with each other for further planning. Jisoo acted fine because she was the captain, but Mijoo was uncomfortable. Whenever even the slightest part of Jisoo touched her parts of body, Mijoo would get frightened and Jisoo’s hand on her would replay in her mind.

Because of the distractions she had, the couch let her for the day presumably Mijoo’s body was feeling sick. Due to that, after another round of half an hour passed, Mijoo ran back to the library for Soojung and saw that the girl was still engrossed. Not intending to ruin the moment, she stopped at another space between the bookshelves to hide for a while from Soojung to take a good look on her friend’s reading face.

Soojung was a beautiful girl when she read. In fact, Soojung was the most beautiful girl Mijoo had ever seen when she’s reading. That’s part of the reasons why Mijoo never disliked Soojung’s hobby anymore because it took Mijoo to realization that Soojung was beautiful when she held a book to read. Jisoo was right about Mijoo being in love with Soojung.

In real, Mijoo was madly in love with her own friend. Therefore, Mijoo left Soojung a present for that. She wasn’t sure if Soojung had taken a look at the present yet but she wished Soojung would make good use of it.

“Are you finished?” Mijoo had to interrupt Soojung’s reading and the shorter closed her books upon Mijoo’s presence. “I was actually waiting for you,” Soojng said in return. Mijoo grinned widely at the thought that Soojung was waiting for her this time. “I’m glad. Let’s go then!”

They both stepped out from the school gate and from afar, Jisoo could see them and had to suppress her sad feelings in by herself. Mijoo and Soojung didn’t walk straight back home as Mijoo persuaded Soojung with her deadly aegyo to go to the arcade and to the mall first. It was strange to Soojung at first because she thought Mijoo was sick but she gave in because Mijoo looked more like she was stressed than not feeling well.

After grabbing some snacks and played bowling, they went for a round of karaoke. Soojung let Mijoo sang most of the time and Soojung was cringed at Mijoo’s choice of song that based on love. SNSD’s Lost in Love, Taeyang’s Eyes, Nose Lips, iKON’s Apology instead of her favorite jam Rhythm Ta or Dumb and Dumber, Infinite’s Be Mine and many more. The last song she sang before giving up was Lovelyz’s Destiny.

As the last part of the music finished, Soojung felt the tension in the karaoke room. Mijoo suddenly grew quiet and put down the mike. The look on Mijoo’s eyes were intense and Soojung’s heartbeat once again went dup dap. Mijoo paced closer towards where Soojung was sitting as she trapped Soojung in her own arms.

Mijoo’s eyes burned with passion and Soojung grew tenser for that. They gradually closed the gap together until their lips met each other. Mijoo’s tongue found way in Soojung’s mouth entrance and in. Soojung’s nail dug into Mijoo’s back in pressure to the tongue fight and Mijoo’s wandering hands on her body. Her hands went from Soojung’s shoulder down to her s, gave massage for a little while before going down further to Soojung’s hips. Soojung’s desire grew stronger with Mijoo’s precise touch.

Slowly unhooked the school uniform skirt off, Mijoo went to Soojung’s shirt. travelled down until it met Soojung’s and almost to her until Soojung suddenly slapped her face.

Their activity stopped as Mijoo stood on her feet after Soojung’s hit and rubbed the cheek. “We’re limited off as friends!”

Mijoo scoffed in response as she was in disbelief at Soojung’s action. “Then tell me what the kiss was for? Tell me if it’s not a thing!” Mijoo almost yelled as Soojung was in dilemma.

She felt different than just a friend several times when she was with Mijoo. But she didn’t know why she wanted to keep in denial, thus she denied her feelings. “It wasn’t a thing. It was a mistake!”

It was Soojung’s biggest mistake as Mijoo stomped leaving Soojung in the room alone; feeling empty and worthless. It was never her means to hurt Mijoo but she had no choice. Her confusion won better.

Mysterious books didn’t do justice for her as she didn’t know how to act it out in real life for what she had learned.

*

It had been a week since the friends Mijoo and Soojung didn’t talk to each other and it had went viral to the whole school. It wasn’t that weird anymore because they both knew Mijoo was popular due to her participation in netball game and aced in the sports. Plus, Mijoo was a hot chick and among the prettiest girls in the school, only that her friend was Soojung alone.

Although it was like that now, Mijoo never took advantage to go super popular because she would never forget her true means that she stayed away from Soojung. The class rep, Soonyoung told Jiae to dig the real story from the drifted friendship of Soojung and Mijoo from the former, and Jiae followed his act well because she was just as curious.

“Did something happen between you and Mijoo?” Soojung stopped munching her tuna sandwich as she was melancholic at remembering Mijoo. “We just need some space!”

At some occasions when their directions met each other through the way, Mijoo coldly passed by her shoulder and Soojung was lost in sad feelings. She’s losing a best friend.

Soojung mourned over her lost for a while, until she found her right track back and stood on her feet. She could do it alone without Mijoo just fine, and went along with it. As they had different duties for each clubs’ activities, they grew more distant and Mijoo rarely attended classes anymore because she was picked as the national netball player for school term.

Back to Soojung, she distracted herself with her duties as the member of journalist club, and made friends with the senior members. Even the same age as her that joined the club earlier taught her a lot as a newbie. Soojung even stayed late at school instead of in the library but in the club’s special room. She was learning how to write a short story and started as the author to feature in the school magazine herself. The first thing she typed in the computer as the title – ‘The Love is Gone’.

In the story she made, the love she meant wasn’t the feeling, but the person the first P.O.V loved. The feelings remained, but the person has gone. It’s all become like that because the first P.O.V was too late to realize its own feelings to its loved one. That was how basically Soojung’s life.

Meanwhile Mijoo with her teammates had to go down to Gangnam for national play. Jisoo as the captain acted so professional and had to keep her composure from talking things with Mijoo. As they were given a half an hour free time before going back to practice, Jisoo took the chance to talk with Mijoo. “Hey.”

The duo exchanged simple hey and Jisoo settled down beside her teammate. “You know the last time…I was sorry for that!” Mijoo chuckled bitterly, not at Jisoo’s apology but Soojung at school who had yet send any encouraging messages or a simple hi to break the ice between them. “It’s fine. I’ve forgotten about that!”

“Probably because you and Soojung not in good term, thus you have better problems to take into matter?!” Jisoo wasn’t exactly being sarcastic, but Mijoo felt spanked. She wanted to curse at Jisoo for being right but her captain was actually innocent.

They went back to normal terms as teammates and went on as the game was about to start. A few rounds of victories and loses were normal for the team, and the couch let her players had their own time for the night at the hotel before going back to their school. Mijoo preferred being lethargic and lazy than going out like most of their friends, and Jisoo decided to keep her company although Mijoo insisted she was fine alone.

Jisoo brought along a romance novel with her to read beside Mijoo in the bed as the latter played with her phone. It was accidental as the part Jisoo read was about the couple getting and she was right beside Mijoo who she’s crushing on. Mijoo for spacing out while reading and took a peek at what content Jisoo was reading and finally realized the situation.

They got awkward again. Until Mijoo’s head went crazy and decided to go with the flow of their intuitions. What they wanted right then was what mattered, and Mijoo noted that Jisoo liked being within her. They started from passionate kiss to wandering hands. It was until Mijoo slipped her finger in Jisoo’s to in her and they started to grow more passionate. Mijoo ripped Jisoo’s and took her own off to feel Jisoo in her.

They both didn’t think of anything else that night, and Mijoo wasn’t going to think it’s a mistake.

*

It had been a month and a half after they came back from the game, the rumors Mijoo and Jisoo dated each other went viral to the whole school; the impact of being famous in the school. Seungcheol, Jisoo’s class rep also knew well about Mijoo and her infamous best friend. He saw Soojung was alone in the library, probably in for some researches to create topic for the school magazine.

He approached her in passive manner. “Hi!” Soojung stopped from searching her sources and looked up at the class rep. “I’m Seungcheol, class 2-1 rep. You probably didn’t know me!” he began. Soojung chuckled at his shy manner. “I know you. Soonyoung’s friend, I guess?!” Seungcheol nodded his head in excitement that Soojung actually knew about his existence.

“Actually, everyone knows you’re Mijoo’s friend.” Soojung halted her action at Mijoo’s name. She was deeply hurt at Mijoo’s recent news about her dating with Jisoo broke out. “And we also can see you guys grow distant. Anything happened between the two of you?”

Soojung wasn’t sure to tell her personal feelings to someone, especially a guy she barely knew. “I didn’t mean to be nosy but…you know how people like when they open their mouths? Ugly and trashy talks everywhere… I dislike that, especially about you.” The girl looked up at Seungcheol’s last words. “Your last story in the magazine was awesome, and I admire the way you wrote it. It felt like you’re a lyricist, a rap lyricist and I’m into writing rap lyrics too.”

“Mostly, we wrote something by our own imagination or kind of feelings. If it was the latter for your inspiration, I assumed you’re just as broken-hearted as me. The best way to make it up was that you have to at least give an explanation to that love. Don’t let it be gone yet.”

“Don’t let Mijoo be gone.”

 

 

Soojung took Seungcheol’s words into consideration. As he talked to her earlier, he told her his experience of the same thing until his love was really gone from the world. Seungcheol’s love Junghan, whom he like Soojung, assumed was just a friend until they started to drift apart from each other. Just as Seungcheol about to admit his love to him, Junghan had gone from the world because he was drowned in a pool when they were having swimming class. Seungcheol and Junghan were both in junior high back then.

Their class session ended and Soojung waited for Mijoo at the school gate to have a talk. As expected, Mijoo was with her new lover until Soojung begged to give them some time alone. Mijoo wanted to refuse at first but complied as Soojung looked desperate. Jisoo left the two once best friends alone as Mijoo walked ahead from Soojung.

The shorter girl caught up with her tall friend. “Mijoo wait!” The girl spun around angrily and yelled at Soojung. “It’s been more than a month and until now then you’re going to talk with me. GREAT!”

Soojung shook her head as her eyes were red from suppressing her tears. “No, no, listen to me!”

“When I came out as one of the campus couples, now you’re going to talk to me! You’re really nonsense, Lee Soojung!”

Soojung desperately held Mijoo’s wrist strongly to not let go. “I love you. I was foolish back then and now I say it; I love you!” Mijoo was stunned with the sudden confession. Her heart went dup dap at Soojung’s voice.

“I don’t know how it started, how it began. But I was sure I only realized it after you drifted away from me. I could not afford of losing you. And I’m going to be honest; I started to feel this way about you way back before we turned 17. Before I started to get into my new hobby! I like writing in my own journals about you, but you were so close to me that I was scared of you finding it out and decided the best distractions to do was read books. And now, I started to write about you again because you were far from me.”

Tears started streaming down on her face. It wasn’t her intension to make Mijoo hurt. It wasn’t her ends to develop feelings for her own best friend. But that was how fate was like; circling around and make people hurt and happy again. Mijoo started to cool down and took Soojung in her embrace. She then thought of something sly when she saw a familiar store across the road.

She ran ahead without thinking further and failed to realize a car was too close to collide with her body. The time froze still and the last thing Mijoo remembered before falling into unconsciousness was her body collided with rough surface of the tarred ground and Soojung calling her name.

*

*Listen to this while reading (Lovelyz – Bookmark)

Tap. Tap. Tap. Mijoo’s heels meeting the cement floor echoed as she walked into the familiar place. Mijoo no longer 18 years old but 20! She graduated high school and got accepted into Seoul National University for Performing Arts major. Since she’s enrolling in her new place next week, this would be the last week Mijoo would step into and wait for that person in the library.

Even when her last day at school after her entrance college exam, she still would be at the library waited for her finished reading books. For the last week she would be in school, she didn’t forget to bring along a flower, namely chrysanthemum. The flower wrapped nicely and even tied with a ribbon.

“Are you done yet?” Mijoo asked as she arrived right at the place she was meant to wait for her. The girl in school uniform prettily looked up from her reading and flashed a smile at her. “I’m finished now. Let’s go Mijoo unnie!”

The girl was about to lead the way and leave the library ahead before Mijoo until the latter called for her name. “Wait Yein-ah, let me drop this first!”

Yein stopped pacing as she witnessed Mijoo’s painful act when the older girl put the chrysanthemum neatly on the bookshelf Soojung often leaned her back on when reading. “From today onwards until next week, I will put the flower for you. Live well, Lee Soojung!”

Mijoo’s shaky voice got Yein tear up as well. The younger sister after enrolling in the same high school as her late sister, she followed Soojung’s footstep and even imitated her hobby; that was to spend time reading in the library after class. Or when it got hectic with exam, the library would be the place where Yein was going to study at. And Mijoo would accompany her.

The pair Mijoo and Yein left the school as Mijoo drove Yein back home, not until they visited the cemetery first where Soojung’s grave placed at. As Mijoo was the one who brought the chrysanthemum and dropped it neatly at the library, Yein bought for another banquet of colorful flowers contained another chrysanthemum, daisy, lily, orchid, rose and tulip tied in one.

“You said you don’t like one color specifically and loved colorful flower, so I brought various types of flowers for you,” Yein spoke as she put down the flower on the grave. “Mijoo unnie is here with me!”

A lone tear escaped from Mijoo’s eyes as her mind brought back to the day that caused Soojung to die. And above all, she actually blamed herself as Soojung was meant to save her that day. “You were so brave,” Mijoo’s voice cracked as she said that. “I love you more for that.” Another round of tears flowed down.

“I won’t be here next week, so let me cry for more!” Mijoo had promised to not cry anymore whenever she came to Soojung’s graveyard but she let it be this time, because it felt like it would be the last time. Mijoo wept even more as Yein comforted her by putting her arms around Mijoo’s shoulder.

“Mijoo unnie got accepted into university for Performing Arts. You’re going to be proud, right?” Yein boasted in Mijoo’s place and the older girl shot Yein a grateful smile. She saw how Yein actually tear up as well but suppressed it in so that she would give more strength to Mijoo. The latter then wiped the tears built on Yein’s eyes away as her other hand intertwined tightly with Yein’s.

“We’re official now, Soojung. It’s not too long yet, but I guess you must be happy because you really wanted us to meet each other. I hope you’ll be happy there as well!”

“We’ll live well unnie, so you have to live well too. We’ll visit you again another time. It’s time to be parted!” Yein said further and left the cemetery heavy-heartedly. As soon as she got in Mijoo’s car, she started to sob and covered her face in her palm.

The sight of Yein crying before her was heartbreaking for Mijoo, and the only solution she got was to get Yein tugged in her embrace tightly, and cried on her chest. Mijoo shed tears more for that.

But it was all for the best and worth it, because both Mijoo and Yein were sure that was what Soojung wanted anyway when she was gone.

THE END


***Will update the second part, more like the unrevealed scene in the second chapter later. Maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow! I know it’s not that good, and I’m sorry *fled Please drop your comment and tell me what you think of this chapter! And if you love it, click upvote ^_^ *shamelessly Bye bye!!! (*-*)_/ 

***Btw, congratulation to my favorite rookie boy group, Seventeen for 1st win!!! (tho I'm sad Lovelyz haven't won first place yet :C ) #Seventeen1sWin #PrettyU1stWin