CHAPTER 2: HE IS WORTH IT

CRASH AND BURN

CHAPTER 2: HE IS WORTH IT


 

Kiko Mizuhara is the perfect girl for someone like Kwon Jiyong. The looks, the aura and everything in her character shout that she is a very confident girl. I’m not saying that I don’t have what it takes but I envy her confidence. When she walks, it’s like everything is in awe of her. That confidence made me cower in self-pity.

So when she walked in front of me with her friends in tow, I just stare at her like everybody else. I just stood there hoping that I could be someone like her and then maybe Kwon Jiyong would notice me. Her presence is so domineering on that hallway that everyone quiets down and just watch her pass by like she is on a freaking runway.

Maybe Jiyong looks for a girl someone who is model-like or girls who can carry their own because that’s exactly how to describe Kiko Mizuhara. I really don’t want to copy someone just for a guy to like me. But Jiyong is not just any guy; he’s the one for me. I just know it, I can feel it. The things I could do just for him to see me.  

Spacing out and obsessing over the fact that Jiyong may somehow notice me if I will be the same as Kiko, when suddenly I heard her voice, “When you’re done spacing out and muttering, can you step aside little girl, you look a like a fool just standing there.” I hear her friends laugh when she continued, “Step aside now, you’re wasting my time.”

Feeling like I want to be buried six feet underground, I stepped aside while her friends snicker at me as they walked passed me.

WHAT.

THE.

FREAKING.

HELL.

 

I TAKE IT BACK. I’M DEFINITELY TAKING BACK EVERYTHING I SAID. I’M NOT GONNA BE LIKE HER. OVER CONFIDENT WITCH. She may have that confidence but it seems it gets into her brain that everything is clouded and witchy.

 

“Hey!” I turned around to see Bom frowning looking at me, even the students in the hallway were shocked to what had just transpired. “I heard everything, how could you let her do something like that to you? No one is allowed to diss that belongs to Park family!”

“I’m just shocked as you are Bommie, calm down. Let’s just go, everyone is staring at us.” I tugged her hand so that we could go but she won’t budge.

I can’t believe that with that kind of beautiful face lies a demon. What did Kwon Jiyong see in her? How the hell did they end up together and really last?!”

“UH, Bommie, in case you forgot. You are the reason they end up together. You’re their bridge, remember?”

“Ugh. Stupid me, how could I let Jiyong fall for her? When you’re there?”

“Yeah, Bommie. Why?” I challenged her.

“Uh… Uh… Uh…” Bommie is sure funny; I really want to laugh at her constipated reaction just looking for the answer to my question.

“Yes, Bommie tell me why? I really wanna know the answer” I asked her while staring right into her eyes.

“But... But…But Dara, no one should do that to you! YOU ARE DARA PARK, the princess of our generation, while I’m the twin princess of our generation, because you know we’re like twins and we love each other, we grew up together, we bathe together-when we’re kids, just saying- , we know each other’s likes and dislikes, we li-“Did I forget to mention that aside from being my bestfriend, she is also the closest crazy cousin I have? She kept on ranting so that she could avoid my question in which she successfully did.

“ Bom! Bom! Bom, you’re going off the topic. Seriously, I love you and your craziness. What would I do without you?  Of course, I remember. After all, I AM DARA PARK. Staring at Mizuhara is just a lapse in my judgement. Now,  let’s go! You are making a scene now.” Chuckling at her while dragging her out of the school hallway.

Chin up and look forward. I am Dara Park of the Park Family, no one is allowed to step on us. Confidence is our specialty, a lapse in my judgement for a moment is an embarrassment but I’ve learned that now and I’m not going to do it again. Or maybe I will…

There is only one exception… and I know, you know who that is.


 

Bzzzz.

One message received.

From: Unknown Number.

Heard what happened, shorty. Should I be there earlier than expected?

 

This person…

 

Bzzzz.

One message received.

To: Unknown Number.

NO. WAY. And stop texting me!!!!

 

Bzzzz.

One message received.

From: Unknown Number

Can’t. You know why.

 

Bzzzz.

One message received.

To: Unknown Number

No, I don’t and stop bothering me.

 

Bzzzz. One message received.

 

From: Unknown Number

I will, If you stop what you’re doing. Stop chasing, he will never notice you.

 

I rolled my eyes at the sight of the message. Geez, way to point out the obvious.

 

I will make sure that I will make him notice me, I may not be successful on my bet with Bommie, but I will make sure that I’m going to win this bet with the destiny. I’ll be laying all my cards on this, if this is the only way that can make me happy even if its temporary, I will.

I know this will hurt in the end, but hey, I think everything’s going to be worth it.

I know it’s worth it because he is.


 

[ In some place in the University]

 

“Dude, stop drinking we’re still inside the school premises”

“Shut up Kwon, as if you’re not drinking too. And please tame your girlfriend, who knows what might happen to her”

“What the fck are you saying now, what does Kiko got to do with these?

“Just saying, make sure she knows who she is stepping on. One wrong move might ruin her. Again, just saying”

“Dude, what’s really your problem? Sto-”

Bzzz. One message received~

His friend suddenly turned quiet as he read the message on his cellphone. He doesn’t know why his friend suddenly ask him to accompany him but it turned out they will be drinking beers at the back of the school. He is not a good boy as everyone see him to be, he break rules too from time to time, It’s just that he never got caught.

But when the name of his girlfriend was brought up, he can’t help but to think that Kiko did something again. He loves Kiko but sometimes it is too much, she is too much. She just can’t hurt the girl so he can’t raise the idea of breaking up with her, they’ve been through a lot and she just can’t hurt the girl any further.

He asks his friend again, who seem to be silent for a while now. “Hey are you listening? I’m asking what –“

“I’m gonna get another drink, excuse me” He then got up and leave.

 

Bzzzz.

One message received.

He can’t help but be curious so he read the text message his friend received.

 

From: Shorty Park 👯

I can’t, because I know he will. You just wait and see, I will make him see me. Love me too, if its possible.

Just the thought of him makes me happy, don’t you want me to be happy?

 

 

 

For some unknown reason, his heart skipped a beat.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N. Sorry this is so late and short. Work caught up and I barely have the time to write. This chapter is all over the place, I know. I'll fix this as soon as I can. Thanks for reading and please do comment. Thank you! Everything is greatly appreciated. :)