CHAPTER 3: THAT GIRL IS SOMETHING

CRASH AND BURN

CHAPTER 3: THAT GIRL IS SOMETHING


 

Being a good girl .

Yep, it big time. And I voice out every inside sentiment of every good girl in the world. Everybody expects you to do all the good things, right decisions and not being selfish. That’s why it was so hard for me to make a decision if I should continue to just wish for things like Kwon Jiyong noticing me or just be aggressive to make him notice me.

One wrong move and you are suddenly the bad guy, so much for being a good girl. Huh.

But seriously, I’m so close in stripping off this good girl reputation and just be the bad guy. For once, I want to be selfish too. Too selfish to care what others may think and let myself be happy. My time is limited and if I want to be genuinely happy, I should start being selfish. I know that I can get myself hurt in the process but I think everything will be worth it.

Kwon Jiyong is worth it, right?

“If you think he’s worth it, then be selfish Dara” Bom told me once when she saw me staring blankly at the famous couple from afar, “For once in your life, be selfish and live a little. You can’t make everybody happy, you should make yourself happy.”

“Even if I hurt myself and others just by being selfish?” I asked her.

“Yes, even if you hurt yourself and others. You know, love comes with pain and no one is spared from it. So if you want to gamble in this, be brave and be prepared to be hurt and the people you will hurt along the way”

“Can I really do that? Do you think I will manage?”

She laughed and looked at me as if I asked her a silly question. “Of course babe, you’re Sandara Park. Confidence, remember?” Then she looked at me and smiled sadly, “And if you don’t do this now, you will be constantly stuck asking yourself the dreadful what ifs. Because honestly that is the hardest thing you will have to ask yourself and you will never have the answer for that. Trust me babe, been there, done that. ”

“But I don’t want hurting people; you know I can’t bear to do that. They love each other, even if she’s mean I can’t do that because I might end up hurting Jiyong and that would break me.” I told her as I motion her to look at the couple ahead who looks as if they have their own world.

“Be the bad guy, Dara. Just try and I’ll help you. He’s worth it, right? Do it. If you really think he’s worth it, then go for it. And that hesitation? I told you, I’ve been there and done that already. No need to follow me in this world of what ifs because this world is so vast and you’ll never get out.”

Maybe she was right. I just have to be brave and be bad. *not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning good, you know? I know what Bom is talking about. I saw her and how she cried for that lost love she had and how she took it to blaming herself on letting that love go. I don’t know what decisions she has made before but I know that up until now, she regretted it and can’t forgive herself for it.

I saw her at her happiest of point with that love and I also saw her at her lowest point with that love too. If that kind can make you both the happiest and yet the loneliest, if you think about it, it’s scary. But then again, if I want to feel that kind of consuming love, I just have to risk it and do it.

Braveheart and also Stoneheart. Simple.

“Okay, I’ll do it. But how should I do it?”

“Great! How good are you in stalking?” She excitedly asked me.

“Huh?”

“Stalking! Today, we start stalking your lover boy!” I think my jaw hit the ground with what she said.

This girl really has the talent to render me speechless at all times.


 

“Bom, you crazy crazy woman! What are you doing?!” I amusedly asked her as she continuously plastered her body with leaves. “You’re gonna be itchy all over, stop it!”

“But we need to blend with the leaves so we can stalk them!” she said then suddenly rolling her body to the leaves scattered in the ground. I don’t know if I should care or just be amused with my cousin.

“Why are you so into this? You’re exerting more effort than me?”

“Coz, this is fun! Aren’t you having fun? We’re gonna be watching your lover boy 24/7!”

“WHAAAAT?! 24/7 No way. I thought we’re gonna break hearts Bom, but you’re hurting your skin instead?”

She throw the leaves upwards and made her catch it with her body then she turns to me with a cheeky grin.  

“Okay, I give up! If you complain later, I’m not gonna help you”

“Wait, why are you not doing this too? Be with the leaves Dara, and no I’m not going to complain. See? I’m with the leaves and it’s not itchy.” She jokingly tried to put some leaves on me which I greatly refused and when she failed she modeled her body as if she’s in a magazine shoot. See? Crazy girl.

“Be with the leaves, really? Your words astounds me Bommie, and I know you well enough that you will complain in 5…4…3…2…1…”

“Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Get this off me!”

“Uhuh. Told you so!”

“Dara! Hurry! Get this off me!” she cried.

“No, and I’m gonna head for lunch, I’m hungry!” I turned my back on her and started heading to the cafeteria when I heard her, “DARAAAAAA, I HAAAATE YOU!!!!!”

I faced her again, “Love you too Bommie, you know where to find me! HAHAHAHA”.

 

Bzzzz.

One message received.

From: Unknown Number.

Having fun, Park?

 

What a way to ruin my happiness.


 

I’m eating my sandwich in our usual table when Bom suddenly appear with red spots all over body. I tried so hard not to laugh at her as she continues to scratch all the itchy spots while putting ointments at the same time.

I continue to snicker at her when she sat beside me. I almost lost all my concentration to keep myself from laughing when she starts to bang her head to the table.

I open my mouth to talk some sense to her when she beat me to it, “Don’t. Just don’t say anything Dara”

“I’m worried Bom, should I send you to the clinic, you look like hell”

“Of course I look like hell, I just went there” she told me.

“You’re exaggerating, do you want me to put the ointment?” she stopped banging her head and nodded at me. This cute cousin of mine is adorable, freaking crazy but adorable.

I’m putting ointment at her skin when a man stops in front of our table and stared at Bom, as if he was concerned on what happened to her. I don’t know why but this guy is somehow familiar, I just couldn’t point out where I’ve seen him before.

“Yes? Can I help you?” I politely asked him as he keeps on staring at my cousin.

“Is she okay? What happened?” I can sense behind his voice underlies concern and coldness but if he is concerned why would he be cold? “That’s Bom, right?”

I felt Bom’s body stiffened at the sound of his voice and her grip on mine became hard.

I was about to answer his question when my cousin sat straight and looked at the guy, staring at him with cold, hard eyes which I’ve never seen before.

“No need to worry, Choi. Go ahead, we don’t need your help” she told the guy off.

“Cold as ever, Park. I’ll be going before you freeze the entire canteen and made it like what your heart is made of. Ice” he replied coldly then he walked away.

After the guy left us, her grip loosened and I can almost see her eyes tear up but she immediately brush it off.

“Do you know him? It looks like you’ve know each other and with that kind of reaction from you”

“Not really, don’t worry babe. I’m okay.” she smiled at me but I can see the hurt in her eyes.

Why is everything around shift from one feeling to another, this is getting ridiculous. I swear there is something  between the two of them and they definitely know each other. The way he looks at her and the way she is hurt after he leave us. I know I definitely saw him before…

“Wait, isn’t he? He is you-“

“No, Dara. Let’s not talk about this” She is so serious and hard but when you look into her eyes, you can she is deeply hurt. I heard from somewhere that people can fake their emotions but their eyes will never lie. The window to the soul as they call it.

 “Okay, let’s not talk about that. I have something that will lift your spirits up” I excitedly told her.

I caught her attention, good. “What is it?” this revelation will definitely make her happy.

“You know what, we don’t have to stalk Jiyong because I can do magic” I told her jokingly.

“ What? Magic? I think you’re out of your mind Dara. What do you mean by magic?” she’s curious, I know.

“ Watch me babe, Watch and learn” I smiled at her then continued, “In 5 seconds, the table at 3 o’clock will be filled with Jiyong’s crowd”

“5” I can hear the noise approaching.

“4”

“3” The guys started getting to the table.

“2”

“1” They settled at the table.

“See! Magic” I told Bom who is currently in state of shock.

“Wha- How- why- what”

“I’m not yet done. After I snap my fingers, the famous couple will enter the canteen and they will sit at the center. Jiyong will put his arms around Kiko and by hmm” I checked my watch, “By exactly 12:00, Jiyong will get up and head to the counter to buy their lunch”

Bom looked at me then I snap my fingers, then the canteen doors opened to reveal the couple and do exactly what I have said earlier.

“Damn girl, you’ve got excellent stalking skills!” she told me, impressed.

“Not stalking, just observing. I tend to do that a lot here” I told her as I looked around the canteen.

“Stalking, observing, potato po-ta-to, all the same. So, what now? 12 o’clock is coming”,

“Huh? I know that, I just told you what will happen at 12 o’clock”

“Well aren’t you going to the anything with that information?” she asked me and looked at me as if I’m stupid and not getting her point.

“What?”

“Well, head to the counter and buy lunch”

“But I just ate lunch, what am I gonna do with another lunch?” This is confusing me, is she telling me to eat another lunch but I’m already full.

“Sometimes you’re smart and then suddenly you’re not. Go buy me lunch! Now! I’m hungry. Shoo!” she looked at my back then turned to me again “ Go! I’m getting hungry”

“Okay! Jeez! I’m buying!” I was about to head to the counter when I collided with something or should I say someone. “Ouch! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” I told the person whom I landed to.

“Hey! No worries, are you okay? Can you get up?” it was a voice of a man who asked me, holding out a hand to help me after he got up.

“Yes. Thank you!” I was about to reach his hand when I saw his face that made me stopped. And suddenly, as if time has stopped and his face is all I can see. I can’t believe it, he is in front me and I can’t stop myself from smiling. Am I dreaming? Because I don’t want to wake if this is just a dream.

KWON JIYONG IN FRONT OF ME SMILING. OFFERING ME HIS HAND.

 

OH YES.

 

I died with a happy heart.


 

Jiyong didn’t know what had just happened, he was offering his hand to the girl to help her get up but she just looked at him for a few seconds then smiled. He doesn’t know why but suddenly his heart skipped a beat when she smiled, the most beautiful smiled he had ever seen. He’d seen Kiko smiled at him a lot of times but never a time that made him stopped and think about it, not like the smile the girl had shown him.

He amusingly watched the girl run away from him and think,

 

That girl is something.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N. Sorry! This is taking too long. Please be patient with this. :) I know that there are a lot of mistakes here, I'll edit this one after I finished it all. Please do leave comments and tell me how do you find this story so far. Thank you for giving this story a time. :) Thank you so much!