Waterfalls and hairties

Someone I used to be (HIATUS)

Author's note: HOLY FUDGE Y'ALL THE MV FOR FIRE IS OUTTTTTTTT. I'm sure you guys have already seen it, but in case you haven't, please support BTS and go check it out on youtube^.^ (watch it on "1theK"s channel so the views can count towards music shows and awards)

___________________________________

 

"You must be tired. I'll tell you more tomorrow," Jungkook said, getting up from his seat.

"Ah, ok," I said. Of course, I wasn't really tired. But the fatigued look on his face said he must've been. Jungkook stopped.

"Is everything alright?" I asked from his abruptness.

"The washroom is a little far from here, and we can't let anyone else see you..." he mumbled, lost in thought.

"Do you live with other people?"

He nodded, gesturing at the photograph I'd seen earlier. The six other young men must be his roomates. Why couldn't they know I was here? If they're all friends, it shouldn't really matter...unless they were being watched. I needed answers, but Jungkook didn't seem willing to give them immediately.

"What exactly is going on?" I asked. Confusion clouded my head, and anger from that confusion swirled along with it. I am a lost fish swimming in the depths of the ocean with no idea where I am, turning in circles cluelessly. What little things Jungkook told me weren't yet enough to give me a sense of who I was in the past; they told me a lot without telling me anything at all. I didn't want to trust him; there was no logical reason to. He brought me to a dormitory which he shared with six other friends, made me spend an entire day cooped up in his room, and still hasn't given me the full story as to why I'm here. Any normal person would go to the police, have the situation sorted out, and return to whatever life they previously lived. 

And yet...Jungkook didn't seem to be having an easy time either. The fact that Jungkook had spent who-knows-how-long searching for me relentlessly and made sure I was alright tugged at my heartstrings. So far he'd been trying everything to make sure that I was alright and memories weren't crashing back in a storm. It was a peaceful transition back to the life I'd left. I wanted to give him a chance. So I swallowed the rising anger and push down the questions that relentlessly ran through my head.

"It's...hard to explain. I'll walk you to the washroom," he said hurriedly. Jungkook ushered us into the bathroom and locked it from the inside.

"Aren't you going to get out? I need to shower," I said, flustered.

"My roomates might want to come in. Just go ahead, I promise I won't peek," he sighed, uncomfortable as well.  

"Okay," I said, pulling the shower glass behind me.

"Kookie? Are you in there?" a voice called from outside. I halted, my hand hovering over my skirt zipper.

"Shoot," Jungkook muttered under his breath, "I'm taking a shower!" He reached his hand in to turn on the shower knob, adverting his eyes from looking in.

"Let me in! I need to shave," his roomate called.

"I'm showering right now. Do it later," Jungkook said.

"Come on, it's almost midnight. We need to get up early tomorrow anyways, just let me quickly shave,"

The door suddenly swung open and Jungkook jumped into the shower, squeazing his eyes shut.

"It'll only take a second Kookie~ And it's not like we haven't shared bathrooms before," the roomate said noncholantly. The sound of an electric razor buzzed in sync with the shower water, and a peaceful silence instilled. The cramped shower only had an area of 30"x30", barely enough room for one person. Ironically, he was much more in a panicked state than I was: eyes shut for dear life, arms glued to his sides, and pressed as close to the glass as possible. The flustered look on Jungkook's face put an absent smile to my lips; he was so harmless. I chuckled inaudibly, moving his hand to my arm sleeve to let him know he could open his eyes. Slowly and cautiously, he allowed one eye to open first, before relaxing his body away from the shower glass.

"Hey Kookie, why do you have a hairtie in here?" the roomate asked, undoubtedly holding it up for examination. Whoops. Forgot about that.

"Ah, um, some fan gave it to me," Jungkook said awkwardly. Fan? Was he famous? Butterflies whirled around in my stomache as I finally took a moment to look at him. Really look at him. With unblemished pale skin, perpetually smiling eyes, and small, full lips, I felt moronic for not thinking of it before. He must be famous. That's why he took Kyungok and me to the music show that day in 2011; he wanted to be a Kpop star. The rest of the story pieced itself together easily from there. 

"Really? I don't remember at the fansigning event,"

"Uh, well, it was near the end,"

The roomate stopped pressing him about it and was soon gone after finishing his business.

Jungkook and I were both completely soaked from head to toe. His eyes sparkled with the moisture collecting under his lashline, and he kept nervously watching me and looking away. I patted his head, subconsciously widening my smile.

"You're so cute when you're flustered," I said without thinking. Mentally scolding myself, I withdrew my hands and covered my mouth. He laughed brightly, allowing all the tension and uneasiness to dissipate along with the rising steam.

"I'll wait outside," he said, stepping out.