Lingering

Everything Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I know some of you have been wanting a POV from Jimin~ here’s a little something. Enjoy~! xx

“Yoongi,” I whine, tugging at his sleeve with distress clear on my face. He turns around and let’s out an annoyed grunt, running a hand through his hair. I dismiss his irritated gaze and open my mouth, letting out my fears. “What if Taehyung ignores me? I know he loves me, but I’m scared because I feel like I’ll screw it up again and he’ll have a reason to hate me.”

Yoongi stares at me, open-mouthed.

“Are you- are you ing kidding me? The day he hates you is the day I die,” he jokes, looking at me with something undiscernable in his eyes.

“But Yoongi, you’ll die soon.” He lets out a huff and flicks my forehead, letting out a dry laugh of amusement.

“Sure, because I’m definitely the one suffering from whatever you’re suffering from,” he responds, pulling away and shuffling through the clothes hanging in the cupboard, trying to find something suitable for me to wear.

“You’re suffering from unrequited, one-sided love,” I snap back at him, regretting it immediately and feeling low after rubbing it in. His expression says everything, however instead of fighting back, he just sighs in a jaded way and pauses slightly, hands a shirt tightly. “Sorry-,” I start, being cut off when he shakes his head.

"It was hopeless from the start, I never expected anything. I built myself up knowing that I would fall down." I see a glimpse of a sad smile playing on Yoongi’s face when he turns, but it falters and disappears when he sees my speechless expression.

“What?”

“Sometimes I feel like you would’ve known not to fall for him,” I say carefully, treading lightly. “Regarding Taehyung’s situation…,” I trail off, eyes falling to the floor. Yoongi hums softly, neither agreeing nor denying my claims.

“Why did you break up with Raesun?” He asks me, going back to shifting through some shirts. Yoongi makes a noise of approval when he spots something hanging in the middle and my eyes are drawn to the white shirt hanging off the coat-hanger. I raise an eyebrow and glance down at the black skinny jeans slung over Yoongi’s shoulder, smirking to myself. Yoongi catches my gaze and smiles smugly, handing me the clothes. I take them from him and then remember his question.

“She didn’t make me feel the way he did,” I say wistfully, thinking back to my ex-girlfriend. She cried when I had proposed a break-up, and then she disappeared after leaving me over fifty voicemails. I felt bad, as if I had been using her all this time knowing that it would end soon. But at the same time she helped me realise how much Taehyung really meant to me. How much I really needed him in my life.

Now I finally understood all those lingering glances, special hugs and prolonged touches that he would give me. All those midnight phone calls and secret texts. Everything started adding up and I had to accept that I was the cause of it all.

Yoongi nods in a way the reminds me that he always understands me no matter what, he knows how scared and nervous I am for this dinner to go right. I was positive I would screw this up and Taehyung would pull away from my progress.

All I want is for Taehyung to finally believe that when I wake up, I want to see him beside me every morning. When I space out it’s probably because he’s plaguing my mind every second. He’s the one making me lose sleep and all I can picture is his face flashing through my mind before I fall asleep once and for all.

After the confrontation two days ago, Taehyung and I had talked things out but we promised dinner with the rest so we could reconcile. Our broken friendship was reflecting on the others and they were worried about us as well. When dinner was over we were going to have another talk just to clear everything up. I can’t wait to see Taehyung again, but I’m scared that he won’t talk to me. That he won’t want to.

I break out of my reverie and meet Yoongi’s blank eyes, biting on my lower lip in contemplation.

"Sometimes I realise that I am stupid for wanting Jin, but then at the end of the day, time and time again, I realise he’s worth it."

His words follow my retreating body, and I respond back to him, looking forward.

“Then time and time again, he must realise that you’re worth it.”

The door opens in front of me and I slip on a familiar grin, matching the one fixed in place on the man standing in front of me. Our eyes meet and he looks back warmly, pushing the door open fully, eyes peering at the person behind me.

“Jimin, it’s so good to see you again, and Yoongi, come on in,” Jin exclaims brightly, giving us both a confident smile. Yoongi steps in from behind me and mutters a soft “hello” to Jin, eyes trained on the ground in front of him, avoiding Jin’s eyes. Before we entered, I somehow managed to get Yoongi to promise to confess to Jin tonight at the dinner table. Everyone was coming over and Yoongi told me that they all had suspicions about him pining after Jin, however no one actually knew.

Yoongi steps in after me and I leave space for him to walk through to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter