Three.

This isn't abstract attraction baby.

So began Sehun and Jongin's little game of sorts. 

Jongin may have been hesitant in the beginning about Sehun's idea of kissing, but in a couple of days, it had become one of the many things he'd come to look forward to. He liked Sehun's lips, he decides. They were small and soft. And always tasted like candy, because Jongin had successfully gotten Sehun addicted to his favorite toffee, except Sehun now prefered the chocolate from the same brand, not that it mattered to Jongin of course.

They had come to an agreement to kiss once a day, and Jongin had decided that he wanted it to be once school ends each day, to prolong the excitement and eagerness that came with looking forward to it. 

After school ends, the two are left alone to wait for their parents. They would play, then sit under a tree and rest a bit. There was much to discuss. Like why wasn't the sky just blue? Why did it want clouds? Jongin would ask, and Sehun would say it's because the sky gets lonely and needs friends to talk to. Why did birds fly in the V formation?Jongin had asked pointing at the sky as a flock of crane flew against the beautiful hues of orange,pink and purples of the evening sky. Because, Sehun would says and stops thoughtfully. The crease between his brows would disappear as he realized the simple answer to Jongin's question. So he would tell Jongin that it was because the birds hadn't learnt the alphabet properly to know the other 25 letters.

Finally Sehun would tug at Jongin's shirt and the slightly older boy would stare at him in confusion. Sehun has to sigh and pout his lips a bit for Jongin to get the message, grin and lean in to press his lips smack, on Sehun's. 

In a few weeks, Jongin decides that once a day was not enough. So he initiates the kiss twice a day, and slowly into thrice and by the end of the week, it had turned into kisses anytime they felt like it, though they were surprisingly successful in being discrete. 

Sehun didn't mind the slow increase of kisses. In fact, he looked forward to their kisses as much as Jongin did. Jongin's lips were always soft and plush. Sehun liked how it used to be him who leaned over first over a shy Jongin, and now how Jongin would also take initiative, the shyness of the past long forgotten.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol could understand that something was different about the duo, but couldn't exactly pinpoint the cause of change, because they were being their usual selves. That is, they were constantly holding hands, and talking only to each other, though Jongin would make sure to talk to his hyungs as well, though not so much when Sehun pouts at him slightly once in a way. Then he would wave at his hyungs with a sweet smile and trot after Sehun who would be tugging him away with a hand warpped around Jongin's wrist.

The two older boys merely glance at each other and shake their heads at their youngest (they still considered Jongin their youngest instead of Sehun because, for though Sehun was part of their little group, it was obvious to both Chanyeol and Baekhyun, that he was only in it for jongin.) They would snicker though because wasn't it amusing to see such an unlikely pair together? But then Baekhyun one day says ''My mom was watching a real old film once. A vampire falls in love with a woman and mom said opposites attract. So if a vampire can love a human, what is a human to a human'' he says with the air of an old sage, when in fact Mrs Byun had been referring to the two characters' personalities, and not their species so to speak. 

Chanyeol frowns. ''Baek. You're not making sense. If that's true, up and down, left and right, one and two would be friends. And that is just weird''

This strange theory, though not making much sense, did in fact make complete sense to little Baekhyun, whose shoulders deflate as he sighs. ''Oh mother. You lie.'' He shakes his head is disappointment at the thought of his lying mother and her misguiding films.

They watch as Jongin now tugs Sehun towards the monkey bars, all the while chattering about the grandfather clock his father had bought from an old antique shop. Contrary to expectations of Sehun glaring and spitting out a ''Why would that matter to me?'' snidely, the boy smiles and tightens his little fingers around Jongin's own, a fond sparkle in his eye. 

*

''Jongin?'' Sehun asks one evening as the two wait for their parents to come pick them up on the swings. ''Hm?'' said boy hums, arms rasied to the sky making soft aeroplane sounds as he maneuvers his toy aeroplane to safety in the turbulence created by his imagination. 

''Come home with me'' Sehun states bluntly, eyes on his friends face. It was a statement, not a query leaving no room for thought or calculation. 

Jongin stops, arm paused mid air and blinks at Sehun owlishly. ''Can I?'' he asks, eyes sparkling in excitement and Sehun grins in reply, leaning over for a kiss that Jongin leans into, making their lips meet halfway.

Mrs Oh was in for quite a surprise when her son informs her of his best friend's plan to visit the next day. ''I asked Jongin's mom and she said ok'' he also adds, carefully balancing his tall glass of milk in one hand, while he picked out a cookie from the jar his mother was offering to him. 

She was in for a greater surprise next day, when she walked in on Jongin earnestly explaining why Sehun shouldn't throw his new toys away just because he's bored because: ''Sehunnie. Your mommy and daddy bought that for you out of love.'' She feels faint when Sehun pouts, but nods and keeps the toys away. She walks off and narrowly avoids seeing Jongin cup his small hands over Sehun's cheeks and kiss him square on the lips as a reward.

Hanging out at Sehun's house, then became a normal occurence. On one such day, while Sehun was being bathed and Jongin was lying on the carpeted floors of Sehun's room on his stomach while he wracked his brains over a jigsaw puzzle he was trying hard to conquer, pout prominent on his lips, is when he overhears two maids passing by the rooms open door, one stopping to dust at something outside, discussing how Sehun had thrown a tantrum and demanded his parents get rid of his previous nanny because she was strict and didn't give him anything and everything he wanted.

It was then that Jongin realized the reason for the new nanny, currently bathing Sehun. ''He is so very very mean. I never had a nanny because my grandma did all the nanny things for me till my parents came home from work you know'' Jongin speaks to no one in particular, as he pushes the puzzle piece he was holding into an empty slot, and eventhough it was quite obvious that the piece didn't belong there by the way it didn't fit, Jongin was sure that it was the required piece and continued his battle with the puzzle, trying to fit it in to no avail. 

He huffs and grunts and theres a subtle snap as the piece bends in two. ''Oops..'' he gulps, but doesn't have time to do anything, for Sehun walks in, wearing a small fluffy robe and marches to a small dressing table lined with baby powder, cologne and creams. Jongin watches in fascination as the new nanny hurries in and blocks his view of his friend, but he knows Sehun is being pampered with powder and baby cologne by the pleasant and fresh smells that linger in the air. Jongin sneezes twice when the mixed aromas tingle his nose, then focuses his eyes on Sehun who was making his way towards Jongin in his tshirt and shorts.

''You can leave'' Sehun says curtly to the new nanny, and the woman bows, much to Jongin's surprise, because this was a first to him, and left the room.

''Did you break that?'' Sehun asks, and Jongin hums in confusion, eyes drifting to his own hands as Sehun cocked a questioning brow at them. ''I'm sorry Hunnie.'' he says with a pout, dropping the piece onto the pile of puzzle pieces and sitting up, falling onto his buttocks with a soft thud. ''I'll give you one of my favorite toys''

Sehun narrows his eyes at Jongin but shrugs. ''Its ok, I'll ask dad to buy me another.'' 

''Hunnie'' Jongin then says, and the younger looks at him questioningly. ''Did you really get rid of your old nanny cause she didn't do things for you''

There's a tick in Sehun's brow and a frown on his lips when he squints at his friend. ''How'd you know?''

And Jongin may be seven, and sometimes quite slow, but he was smart when required, like right now. He knew that if he told Sehun about the gossiping maids, they might get fired too, but he didn't want to lie, so he settled for a shrug. 

''That's really mean of you Hunnie. Sohyun ahjumma has two kids you know.'' Of course hanging around the kitchen and following Sohyun ahjumma around the house while Sehun was occupied with small tasks has taught Jongin much about the Oh family household's staffs' personal lives. 

''Really?'' Sehun asks unfazed. ''Yes! And you got her to lose her job and how will she look after them now? How will they go to school? They'll be living on the streets, and get attacked by rain and all, and live in a box. The box will get destroyed by the rain and then they'll get sick. Very sick.. '' Jongin exclaims seriously, almost as if he could foresee the family's future.

Sehun doesn't like the look Jongin is sporting. He doesn't want Jongin to looks at him that way. He feels the tears forming in his eyes, and his lip wobbles when Jongin continues to look at him in that way. ''Are you mad at me?''

''I am upset with you'' Jongin says, repeating the same words his mother so often tells him. In fact it was the last thing she had told him just that morning when Jongin had turned off the faucet and pulled the hose out of the hose bibb when his mother was watering the flower beds. It had been very amusing to watch her confused expressions till she had turned around and seen Jongin soundlessly laughing at her.

It usually made Jongin feel awful when she used the U word on him, and he always tried to rectify his misdeed, and it looked like it worked on Sehun too when he turns away from the younger, and feels Sehun tug on his tshirt sleeve, but Jongin doesn't look. ''I'm sorry Jongin. I'll talk to my mom and get her back. Please don't be mad at me. Please don't stop being my friend'' 

What could sweet little Jongin do other than nod and smile at Sehun the second he apologized like that

Mrs Oh was in for yet another surprise when her son asks her to get Sohyun ahjumma back, because Sehun had made it sound like the woman's sole objective was to limit Sehun's human, or rather, child rights. When Sehun tells her the truth, he gets a good scolding that leaves him in tears, that he doesn't stop till the next day, only intensifying when his mother and father don't coddle him like they usually would, because getting someone fired by lying about them was a terrible terrible thing to do, his mommy tells him. His daddy scolds him and tells him that it was their mistake to trust their own son over an older woman.

By the time they go to school, Sehun's sobs had gradually subsided to quiet ones, but only because he was exhausted. 

So he finds solace in Jongin, bursting into tears at the sight of his friend and barreling his way into his arms, as he splutters out the reasoning behing his parents' cruelty. Jongin consoles him then, and Sehun gets his much awaited coddling. Jongin tells him how happy he is that Sehun did the right thing, and then peppers Sehun's face with kisses, planting an especially long one on Sehun's lips, effectively cutting short his dramatic tears.

Since then, Sehun decides to be more kinder to others so that Jongin will always look at him with that proud glint in his eye.

*

When they turned 14, and enter high school, that's when hands begin to wander curious journey's down arms, fingers tugging on hair and arms winding around each other for a closer contact. 

''Jongin'' Sehun gasps pulling away from his best friend who had pulled him into a janitor's closet during fourth period. Instead of replying, Jongin whines and pulls the other closer, tumbling into a stack of mops, brooms and buckets, that he expertly avoids as they crash onto each other in the stifled space.But his foot catches onto something and they both cry out as they fall, Sehun on top of Jongin who grins in the darkness, forgetting the sharp sting in his foot as he uses this moment to pull Sehun on top of him,

Sehun doesn't complain, and soon there are hands running smoothly down his back, tugging at his shirt that was neatly tucked into his school pants but not pulling it out, lips attached to a pale jawline that was still forming. Sehun indulges Jongin for a while more before pushing the older away. ''We're missing class'' Sehun breathes out, panting softly while closing his eyes to will himself to compose himself. Jongin groans but sits up as well, hands steadying Sehun in the process. ''Let's skip?'' he asks, and Sehun can rather hear than see the others pout in the darkness they are englufed in.

''You know we can't'' Sehun chuckles and pulls the petulant boy up and out of the stuffy janitor's closet. 

P.E was probably 16 year old Sehun's favorite lesson, because he could compete against Jongin in whatever they did for the day, the duo laughing gleefully as they tried to outdo the other, showing splendid sportmanship. But once within the locker rooms, with the rest of the boys gone, was when they would gravitate towards each other and make out languidly under the cool spray of the showerhead. By now, it was natural to sport a hard on with the heady kisses they shared, but neither acted upon it, though they'd sometimes grind against the other, but sometimes Jongin, other times Sehun,will always come to his senses and pull away before things progressed beyond grinding.

''It's only natural. We are teenagers and our bodies, at this point are very sensitive to all the changes they are undergoing'' Sehun would tell Jongin as they lounged on the former's couch at his house, Jongin half lying on Sehun, as he glances between their bodies at the tents formed on their crotches.

''But it's all platonic'' Jongin says, poking at Sehun's cheek, and Sehun can tell what the other doesn't voice when Jongin keeps prodding at his cheek, making Jongin grin as the former rolls his eyes and pops three pieces of popcorn into the tan males mouth. ''Uh huh'' Sehun agrees to Jongin's previous comment, eyes glued to the movie flashing before them. 

Soon enough, Chanyeol and Baekhyun find out about the strange relationship between the two youngest of their group, but aren't that fazed. Of course they had to walk in on Jongin and Sehun face in Jongin's room one fine evening, to see with their own eyes just how strange their relationship was. Especially when the two had calmly broken away, Sehun even having the audacity to look annoyed, while Jongin asked them to pick whatever they wanted from his mini fridge since he'd stocked up on soda and snacks.

''So you two a thing then?'' Chanyeol had asked after the initial loud exclamations of ''Gross gross gross!! Burn ma eyes bro they're using tongue!'' and Baekhyun's equally screechy screams of ''Bro I'm too busy internally stabbing mine!''

Sehun and Jongin had glanced at each other and burst into raucous laughter. ''No we aren't a thing. Just experimenting'' Jongin says, that same sweet smile on his face as he pulls away from Sehun and rolls away from him, to allow himself more space to prop his torso up on his elbows and watch Chanyeol and Baekhyun stare them down in scrutiny.

''So have y'all had then?'' Baekhyun asks after many minutes had passed, sitting at the edge of Jongin's bed and giving them the ''As a father, i must talk to you about the birds and bees'' look. He even crosses his legs and places his clasped palms on them as his own father did when he was given The Talk. 

This time, Sehun and Jongin look horrified as they shake their heads no. ''First off. We know how works. We're sixteen for god sake so you don't need to give us the talk'' Sehun says giving Baekhyun a look of scathing. ''And Secondly. We have out limits. It's strictly kissing'' Sehun says, turning away from the trio to pick an oncoming call. Jongin looks at him at this with a strange expression on his face that Sehun misses. 

''What if one of y'all likes someone else?'' Chanyeol asks after Sehun tosses his phone away. 

''That's fine I guess..'' Sehun says again, but the thought doesn't rest well in his bones. ''As long as you don't forget me'' Jongin chimes in nudging Sehun in the ribs playfully.

''It's not weird. But i must say it's also bloody weird at the same time'' Chanyeol says adopting a terribly chopped British accent and earning himself a light kick to the by Baekhyun for no reason at all.

At 16, Jongin joins the Taekwondo club, and Sehun the dancing. They've both done these before since a young age, but had decided to join the clubs for the two activities in school at 16.

''Why the heck do you even.'' Sehun would sigh everytime a battered, yet positively glowing Jongin stands outside his door almost every Tuesday and Friday, where he makes sure to drop by at Sehun's place and clean up because his mother would definitely make him drop out of the Taekwondo club if she saw her son in his full state of injured glory. 

Jongin always pecks Sehun on the lips and ambles past him, shouting a cheery ''I'M HOME'' at the top of his lungs as he trots to Sehun's room. Of course only the maids bustling about give him amused grins and make small talk because Sehun's parents won't be home till around 11.00 pm or so. Sehun had also come to realize how fond of Jongin his staff was, and attributes it to the way Jongin laughs, chats and jokes around with them. 

''Why?'' Sehun had once asked him, because he was so used to ordering them about and keeping them all at arms length, seeing no reason to keep things chummy between those who worked for his family and himself. It wasn't out of arrogance, but only because he saw no reason to. Besides, he prides himself with his politeness and proffesionalism with dealing with his staff, unlike how many would be in his position. He wasn't unkind, but simply maintained neutral mannerisms around them.

Jongin had smiled at him and simply said, ''Because they're people too.''

When Jongin drops by at his house after his Taekwondo lessons, Sehun would order the cook to make something for them and head to his room after a while, where he's not surprised at all when Jongin steps out of the shower in nothing after having a bathe. ''As long as you don't lie down on my bed.'' he warns Jongin anyway, and Jongin respects him, usually pulling on a pair of clean boxers, but that day he only grins cheekily and flops down on Sehun's soft mattress starfish style, water and all, letting out a blissed out groan at the softness that engulfs his fatigued bones.

''I'm not planning on rubbing against your bed for friction or anything'' he mumbles because he can literally feel the vicious glare burning into his head. He rubs at it, but the feeling only intensifies. 

Sehun keeps quiet, and walks to his door, poking his head out and clearing his throat. He calls out to a maid, and says a strict and curt, ''Bring me a new set of bedsheets''

''You're awful'' Jongin whines, and Sehun sends him a small smirk, also taking note of how Jongin had finally pulled on a pair of boxers and also some sweats, probably because he didn't want to expose himself to the expected maid. ''And you're still kinda rude to your maids'' Jongin adds while he pulls a tshirt over his head, and Sehun sighs because Jongin always nagged him to be nicer, kinder and more polite. 

But when the two maids knock on the door, one with food and soda, and another with the bedsheets, he thanks them with gentle tones and a small smile much to their surprise. ''Here'' he says, flopping down next to Jongin and placing the bowl of chips and sausages between them, the cans of coke on his bedside. Jongin shoves his mouth with both, then props himself up on his elbow, staring at Sehun who was scrolling through his phone. 

''What?'' the younger asks, pausing and glancing towards Jongin, reaching out instinctively to brush some crumbs off his lips. Jongin catches his hand, and the oil and crumbs off Sehun's fingers slowly, eyes never leaving Sehun's. The younger swallows and makes to take his hand away, but Jongin holds onto it tight, brushing his lips over the pale knuckles next. 

This has happened just twice before. Where Jongin would become very... intense. Even the air around them would shift, and Sehun would fluster, utterly confused. His cheeks would warm up, and his chest tightens. In the recesses of his mind, he likes this side of Jongin, and thinks its better to let this, whatever this was, happen, instead of questioning it.

''Why are you looking at me like that..'' Sehun whispers, fingers unconsciously winding between Jongin's, his pulse racing when Jongin drops soft kisses onto his knuckles next. ''Like what?'' Jongin murmurs, shifting closer, and pressing his nose to Sehun's jugular, his breathing growing heavier.

''I don't know'' Sehun says mindlessly, pressing his own lips to the crown of Jongin's head, heart fluttering when Jongin's exhales deeply and the hot breath fans over his skin. Jongin pulls back after playfully nipping at the skin at Sehun's throat, and they find themselves lost in each others eyes, as if looking for answers for questions unanswerable.

Sehun's eyes drop to Jongin lips and soon, their mouths are pressed together, slotting against each other perfectly and moving without effort. Sehun manages to place the bowls of food on his bedside table just as Jongin moved closer and pressed their bodies together, Jongin's hand slips to Sehun's waist and tugs gently.

It's a silent request that Sehun comprehends easily as he rolls onto Jongin, straddling his hips, their lips not breaking contact, till they have to break away for much needed air. Even then, Jongin's got his hands clamped over the backs of Sehun's thighs as they breathe into each others mouths, to regain their breathing before Sehun places his hands on either side of Jongin's head and dives in for more.

*

Sehun is the first of the two friends to begin dating.

When it comes to relationships, Sehun is more fickle in his, lasting for less than a month or so with his partners, but he doesn't consider himself a player, because he is genuine when he either asks a girl or boy out, but once getting to know them better, realizes that they just won't work out. While he has faced partners who would be dramatic and unwilling to break up, others were mature enough to understand that, because not many could tolerate and put up with Sehun's personality anyway. Besides, Sehun subconsciously compares each of his partners to Jongin and pushes them away when they fall short.

Jongin was more successful when it came to the romance departmentt and had only dated one boy and one girl so far.

''You think we'll ever find The One?' Jongin had once asked Sehun as they did their homework at the Oh household. Sehun glances briefly at Jongin, and finds him staring dreamily out the window, fingers stilled over his work. ''Why all of a sudden?'' the younger murmurs returning to tapping away at his calculator, making Jongin grin at the sight of the tip of Sehun's pink tongue poking out, a sign of concentration Jongin had come to learn. 

''I was just thinking that the concept of love and relationships is quite scary. I mean.. that level of trust? To give all of you to this person? It's a scary thought. I dont think i can do it'' Jongin had sighed, because as a boy who was very fond of affection and love, he wonders if there was someone out there for him who was willing to shower him with adoration and passion. His eyes flit to Sehun momentarily but slide back to his notes. 

''You'll find someone Jongin, don't sweat it'' Sehun had said dismissively, missing Jongin's pout. ''You probably will before me though.'' Jongin says wistfully, a strange image of Sehun and himself having a joint wedding springing before his eyes. Sehun had only smirked and thrown a wink at Jongin. ''Of course i will. I am irresistible'' he says.

It turns out to be Jongin who happens to find The One before Sehun, despite his own words.

He had been harboring an intense crush for a while. 

At 17, he shyly builds up the courage and stutters out his confession to a Lee Minhui, an attractive and lively girl, who was popular for her talkative and quirky personality.

When Jongin had first told Sehun of his crush on the girl, Sehun had assumed it to be like his usual crushes, that fade with time. Jongin may crush on people, but did nothing about his feelings, especially since most his crushes had so far been for people he knew he wouldn't last long with, and he knew that a crush would fade so paid it no heed, but when he did ask someone out, then it was definitely a case closed, because the boy was always serious when it came to dating. Which was also why he had only dated two people so far. 

Unfortunately for Sehun, this was something he had realized too late.

When an excited Jongin had personally delivered the news of Minhui accepting his confession and returning the feelings, he had been devastated.

He just knew that this was different. It was a gut feeling, but he just knew that this was not like Jongin's previous two relationships,

It was with bitterness and shock that he realizes at that exact moment, that he had feelings for his best friend. The realization sends a jolt through his body and he watches Jongin's lips move, words tumbling out his lips rapidly but not making sense to Sehun's ears, because he just realized that he liked this boy.

It was a thought he had had before, but had never really paid attention to. In fact, he had always dismissed the thoughts as soon as they'd begun,and he doesn't understand how it suddenly hits him only now, only when Jongin says Minhui accepted him, the words ''i like her so much Hunnie it's kinda scary,'' being the only ones registering in his brain.

He doesn't understand how this affects him so much, especially when Jongin had previously dated and Sehun had been cool with it, though he admits a small part of him was not. But now he knows that it was because a small part of him had never taken into consideration a world where Jongin had confessed to Minhui. Now he knows why he felt that sharp and bitter tang on his tongue whenever Jongin had used to talk about Minhui in raptures, so unlike the ways he had spoken of his past partners when he had crushes on them. He should have been prepared. He should have known that this was it.

Sehun thinks that life had its funny ways when it carved out paths for people. He thinks that out of boredom, Life liked to pull her strings and tangle them here and there to create some drama and see emotions brew, boiling and bubbling till they tumbled over in waves.

Though it is painful, he had plastered on a smile, and forced down the burning, suffocating feeling rising up his throat and hugged Jongin back, gripping onto the boy tightly and congratulating him, because eventhough he was hurt, he couldn't hurt Jongin by acting like a spoilt . That would disappoint his Jongin, who had been for years very conscious about Sehun's like ways and was always determined to bring the good within Sehun. 

''Goodluck'' Sehun hears himself say, almost kissing Jongin on the temple but stopping himself. The pain in his chest subsides just a bit, when Jongin's brown eyes look into his, shining with gratefulness because Sehun's well wishes mattered so much to him. ''Thanks'' Jongin beams, squeezing Sehun's hands tightly in his own.

The next day, Sehun tries to avoid the new couple and arrives in school late, with dark circles under his eyes after he had had a night full of self evaluation. He had learnt that his feelings for Jongin had perhaps begun in kindergarden, and kicks himself for not realizing this before. Not that it would change things because Sehun knew himself. He may act the tough guy, but he wouldn't have confessed to Jongin anyway. But there was no point in wallowing in self pity, he had told himself.

''Besides'', he tells himself, opening his locker and pulling books and binders out, ''Jongin wouldn't reciprocate my feelings and then things would come to a strain between us. There's nothing to do now anyway'' he sighs and closes the locker door shut, very much like he was trying to do with his the door opening to his feelings about Jongin

*

It's been three weeks since then, and Sehun can say that he isn't faring well in shutting his feeling for Jongin out. In all fairness, it was hard to just shut them out, only having found out of their existence just recently. Without Jongin around to give him the stink eye, his spoilt ways were slowly seeping out. Just slightly.

''They're polar opposites'' Sehun says randomly, setting his book on his chest and staring up at the ceiling of his room. Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who were too busy slamming each other on the video game they were playing at Sehun's place, share a secret glance full of mischief and knowledge.

Unfortunately Sehun couldn't shake them off when he had chosen Jongin as the only human worthy of his friendship. The trio came as a package Sehun was unwillingly willing to accept because.. Jongin.

''Sure. Do ya feel how we felt when you and Jongin became friends?'' Baekhyun asks, pushing his foot at Chanyeol's rib to distract him and score himself a point. Sehun waves his hand in the air elegently as he dismisses the comment. 

''When I'm in my ''squeezing ty thoughts out of my mind'' mode, i prefer to be heard but not replied to'' he says. ''Anyway. She..'' Sehun stops, because there really was nothing he could use against this girl he barely knew. So he sighs and rolls onto his stomach, trying not to imagine Jongin hanging out with Minhui as he spoke, because it was supposed to be him and Jongin playing that video game as he cheats and wins while Jongin lets him.

He pouts petulantly. Perhaps, Minhui would try to keep Jongin to herself and then, Sehun sits up, a slow smile spreading across his face, then, he could use this to make Jongin see that she is a friend snatcher. ''Aha. I may have had nothing against you. But I will'' he murmurs much to Chanyeol's and Baekhyun's bafflement.

But unfortunately, it turns out that Minhui insists that Jongin not make their budding relationship a problem to his friendships. 

She's... a good person,Sehun sighs out, when Jongin raves on about how great a girl Minhui is, as he pads into Sehun's room. Again, while a part of Sehun feels happy that Jongin had found a nice girl, the other part, had buried itself in jealousy.

''Beware the green eyed monster..'' he thinks he hears Baekhyun sing song under his breath, and rolls his eyes. He really should have shaken Baekhyun and Chanyeol off a long time back.

So, a scowling Sehun finds himself squashed between a hyper Chanyeol and chattering Baekhyun, much to his displeasure, as Jongin sets up his video player and speakers for a movie on a friday night. ''Next time, we should have this at Baekhyun's. I'm fed up of catering to you imbeciles' needs.'' Sehun says as Jongin settles right in front of him and uses him as a backrest. Sehun feels his body tingle at the contact, eventhough they've done this countless times before. He reasons that it feels different now because he had discovered his feelings for Jongin and such close proximity now only made him pay attention to details about the other he had known before but had never realized he liked. 

Sehun pushes these thoughts away quickly and is forced to accomodate a chuckling Jongin between his legs, wincing slightly as the older places his head comfortably on his stomach and grins up at him, eyes crinkling in that way that made Sehun's own frowning lips always tilt up, and he wills himself to forget Minhui, and cherish the time he had with his best friend.

''Even me?'' he asks pouting exaggeratingly. Sehun shakes his head and slaps the side of Jongin's head, then combs his hair through the soft mocha brown locks. ''You'll be the first you idiot. I've been catering to your needs for far too long now'' he says, still smiling, especially when Jongin falls asleep soon after, succumbing to the feeling of Sehun's fingers running through his hair soothingly. Maybe this, staying close to Jongin and loving him as a friendwould be enough, Sehun sighs internally, brushing a strand of hair off Jongin's forehead and running his fingertips over his cheek slowly.

''Eyes on the screen dimwits'' he then says quietly, because Chanyeol and Baekhyun were giving him that same freakishly happy smile that one would see in movies about mental wards.

*

Jongin and Minhui are at their fourth month of dating.

It still stung Sehun right in his heart whenever he chances to walk upon them, because they would always be engaged in some PDA. He'd backtrack and walk away as soon as he could before he saw anything that would devastate him. He hated himself a bit at times like this, because he was supposed to be happy for his friend, as any good friend would be. ''Time heals all wounds'' he would say under his breath like a mantra at moments like that.

His jealousy, he tries to justify by blaming his characteristic possessiveness.

He used to be jealous of Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were only friends of Jongin, so it was understandable that a girlfriend made him feel more. Though he kept these thoughts to himself of course. He wasn't four anymore. He just couldn't walk upto Jongin and pull him away from his girlfriend, though he wonders how the boy would react. Jongin hadn't said anything when he used to do that when he hung out too much with Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Only smiled and tightened his fingers around Sehun in acquiescence. 

But this, Sehun knows is different.

''I am not gonna be that friend in every story who's gonna help you get him by making him realize that maybe he likes you and breaks up with the gal'' Baekhyun one day says in passing as Sehun watches Jongin throw an arm around an animatedly chattering Minhui in front of her locker, and pressing a soft kiss to her cheek.

''I'm unfortunately possessive guy.'' he tells Baekhyun, tearing his eyes away from the scene as if he were burnt. ''I just miss him.''

''You want him'' Baekhyun whispers into Sehun's ear, hiding behind Chanyeol when Sehun turns to glare at him. 

''Shuddup'' Sehun grumbles, fastening his steps to create distance between himself and his two acquaintances. Of course he isn't surprised when they catch up, and is not happy with how Baekhyun links their arms together. ''Let us two replace Jongin hmn?' he says teasingly, laughing boisterously at the sour expression adorning Sehun's face at the foul thought alone.

They sit at their designated spots, and Sehun wishes Jongin shared this class with him because he was alone with Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Alone... Oh the horror.

''But it's not like Jong doesn't hang out with you'' Chanyeol is kind enough to randomly point out. 

It was true though. Though Jongin was dating, he still made time to drop by at Sehun's place where the two would play video games or talk about everything and nothing. Most of the times, Sehun's eyes would trail down to Jongin's lips that were moving rapidly as he spoke about this and that. And most of the time, Jongin would stop and stare at Sehun, catching him in the act, that strange look in his eyes that Sehun always misses catching a glimpse of. When these moments occur, Sehun would casually brush it off as him spacing out, and Jongin would smile, though it never really reached his eyes. But he would shuffle closer and nuzzle into Sehun's neck, or just rest his head on the younger's shoulder, continuing where he left off, sighing in content when he feels Sehun's fingers tightening around his own.

It was an unspoken agreement between them to stop their kissing if either was dating, and Sehun wants to cry because its been four months and he misses the feeling. 

*

It's finally their senior year of high school.

Jongin calls him on his birthday and Sehun grins to himself because he was just about to head over to Jongin's and surprise him, then hand over his gifts to him, and surprise him again with the cake he had learnt to bake, especially for Jongin. But here Jongin was calling him.

'' 'Sup birthday boy'' Sehun says into the phone, setting it on loudspeaker and placing it on his bed, so that he could pull his shoes on.

''Hun!!! Come out NOW! I need to show this to you'' comes Jongin's excited voice through the speakers. 

''Alright alright calm down Jongin.'' the younger sighs, with a smile playing on his lips as he jogs downstairs and gathers the bags he'd kept ready since yesterday. He hums in acknowledgement as Jongin excitedly babbles on and on, but tunes him out momentarily to grab the fudge chocolate cake from the fridge, wave away a maid standing close asking whether he needs help because he could do all of this alone for his Jongin's birthday.

''... Hun! Are you ignoring me?'' comes Jongin offended voice, and Sehun chuckles, a small part of him making a mental note to check up on Jongin's health because he sounds a little throaty. ''You '' Jongin complains and Sehun is pretty sure he's pouting. 

Soon though, Sehun is standing outside with his bags, eyeing the shiny new black KIA K9 as it smoothly glides into his driveway.

''Isn't she perfect?'' comes Jongin's voice, as he rolls down the window of the passengers side of the car, grinning at Sehun who nods dumbly, his eyes focused on Jongin, more than the car. ''Yeah. Perfect'' Sehun finds himself murmuring to himself. Sehun couldn't help but notice how great Jongin looked even when he was wearing a dark blue V neck tshirt and black jeans that were most probably accentuating his long legs, though he couldn't see them from here. 

''Birthday gift from your parents?'' Sehun asks shaking his head a bit, and tipping his chin at the car. Jongin smirks and runs fingers through his wind blown hair. ''Yep. 18 and all. But they said it'll be the first and last car they'll but me, so i'm gonna take care of her like my own child.'' Jongin snickers, running his fingers over the steering wheel. '' I wanted to show her to you first. Get in, lets take her for a ride'' 

Soon Sehun is sitting at the passenger seat, his bags at the back. Jongin steps on the gas and then they're gliding smoothly down the lanes of the neighborhood and into the city. ''I'm thinking of calling her Hunnie.'' Jongin says teasingly, eyes briefly sliding to his friend, who scoffs and punches his arm, and goes about trying to slide open the sunroof. 

''Wait..'' Sehun says amidst trying to slide the sunroof open. ''You said you wanted to show her to me first..?'' His heart flutters at the gesture. Jongin steps on the brake as they near a redlight and gazes at Sehun, brown eyes twinkling and more beautiful in the morning sun. ''Yeah. You'' Jongin says softly, a fond smile on his lips, and then, Sehun for the first time, sees that indescribable expression on his face, and a small part of him flutters in hope. 

He really shouldn't, he learns soon enough.

A week after that on a friday when he sees Jongin leaning against the drivers side of his car, hands gripping a slim waist while he makes out with Minhui afterschool is also when he tells himself that it will never be.

''Let's stop this alright'' he tells himself, hand resting over his chest as he begins to take a longer route home that day. Jongin would never see him that way, and he would be alright. 

''I will be fine'' he repeats to himself and inhales sharply, small pale face upturned to the picturesque evening sky, pretty eyes fluttering shut against the pale streaks of sunlight.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A/N : Sehun learns that he can't have everything he wants bwahahahaha 

This story is cliche af, but i sometimes find joy in cliches T.T 

I'm actually open to suggestions cause i got too many ideas as to how this can go so yeah.. 

So the question that most of y'all are worried about is ''Who's gonna top?!'' ;) I shan't saayyyyyy!!!! it's a surprizzeee!!!

But it also made me realize that it really matters to le readers who tops whom! Well. I have no probelme with anything to be honest, cause as long as its sekai, it matters not ;)  but at this point i don't know who i will make top whom and i can say that it will depend on ma mood! (^.^)

I think i can wrap this up in about one two or three chapters! ^^

but forget that, and tell me how this chapter was?