One.

This isn't abstract attraction baby.

Usually, friendship begins its story with a bashful ''Hey, what's your name?'' Or a tentative smile in the least. 

Some kids would shyly pass a chocolate or biscuit to the one they wanted to befriend. It may not seem as much, but to a child, a chocolate was perhaps what we would view as a Gucci or Chanel bag. 

Some kids automatically become friends as they settle to play with each other. They do not talk to each other during other times, but during playtime, they would be the best of friends. 

Strange thing, friendship was.

Sehun's and Jongin's story is quite unconventional.

Instead of a ''Hey what's your name?'', their story begins with a rough shove by a four year old Sehun, and a shrill scream from a four year old Jongin as he falls on his bum into a huge puddle of mud. 

Ah. Let's reverse time and begin from the top. 

If asked to describe in one word, Oh Sehun would be described as 'Bratty', 'Spoilt' or even 'Arrogant'.

Being the only son of his parents, Sehun was used to getting whatever he wanted. All he had to do was scrunch his little face, ball his hands into fists, and squeeze a tear or two out of his eye for his mother to fall onto her knees before him and dab at his face cooing a ''Alright munchkin, I'll buy you what you want.'' Any other mother may spank her son and scold them for the devious behaviour, but how could Mrs Oh? Not when Sehun's face would smoothen and a cute smile lit it up, eyes turning into crescents.

Mrs Oh's heart would bloom with unconditional love for her son as she buys him the electric helicopter, ignoring the fact that Sehun had an entire cupboard full of similar toys, and  most of them broken by the child's carelessness. 

Money wasn't an issue for the Oh's. Not when Mr Oh was a lawyer and Mrs Oh an interior designer. 

Sehun broke almost everything he got, because of the knowledge that his parents would buy him yet another one. 

Not even when he broke home appliances. 

The newest flat screen T.V model that was smashed by the little boy's wild throwing of a football? No problem.

Cutting the expensive Persian carpet? So what? He was a child!

Breaking the windshield of one of Mr Oh's car's with his infamous football (that had by now broken quite a lot of glass encovered purchases)? What the hell! 

So yes. Sehun was spoilt. Very spoilt. In fact, the boy was popular because of his spoilt nature coupled with his arrogance. He seemed to think that everyone was bound to do his bidding. 

In Preschool, Sehun was utterly sweet to his seniors, making them fall under his charming spell with a flick of his invisible magic wand. While the teacher's ruffled his head because he was angel, the other kids remained wary of his presence, knowing that he was not like them. He may do the worst possible thing, yet not get into trouble, for ''Sehun is too good to do naughty things like you'' the teacher's often said.

Their homeroom teacher, Miss Lee adored the boy, enabling him to slip out of any slippery situation he had created himself, making the blame fall on some innocent unsuspecting kid.

Oh yes. Sehun may be four, but deception ran thick and strong in his veins.

He even had his little entourage. Four more kids. 

And no one attempted to play with them, knowing that they were pretty exclusive,didn't like to share their toys, and overall were very mean. The other four kids kept up the mean facáde assuming that this would make the ties of friendship between themselves and Sehun tighten, when in fact, Sehun didn't care for them.

Kim Jongin was the complete opposite of Sehun.

Born into an simple middle class family, he too was an only child. But his parents didn't coddle him too much. If he broke something in the house, he was punished. If he broke a toy, he had to suffer the loss. So he was very careful with his belongings. He was friendly and shy. Socializing was not his forté. He was also awed by the art of dancing, and planned on asking his parents to let him do ballet after watching the famous ballet 'The Nutcracker' on T.V 

''They're flying! They're flying'' Jongin had clapped his hands in delight, watching the ballerinas, and was determined to learn to fly as well.

Jongin falls into the clasps of a flu, and is unable to attend preschool the day it begins. But he does, after a month and two weeks and is immediately taken under the wings of Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol, who had both taken a liking to Jongin's shy and earnest smile immediately. Not to mention Jongin's, ''Hi! I'm Kim Jongin. I don't know my age. Nor do I know to write or read.'' when asked to introduce himself. The boy was smiling brightly and hopefully, droopy eyes taking in his seemingly uninterested classmates.

''Come here Jongin!'' Baekhyun had raised his waving arm. If it was a kid who didn't know to read or write, he belonged with Chanyeol and himself. Jongin was more than happy to join them. They were bestfriends since.

In two weeks, Jongin had been reprimanded more times than he could count, (he couldn't count by the way), for a plethora of things. Some, not even done by him, but by either Chanyeol or Baekhyun. But the trio came as a package, so if one did something naughty, all three were scolded. At first Jongin was all wide eyes and '' But miss I didn't's '' but had by now grown used to being wrongly accused. 

It takes Jongin three weeks to realize that the other children treated a pale boy differently.

He was out playing with dinky cars with Baekhyun and Chanyeol when he sees two kids at the swings and was about to join them, when Sehun had sauntered over, at which the two kids had jumped off the swings and run off much to the pale boy's amusement. Jongin could see the prideful smirk on his lips and pouted in confusion.

''Who's he?'' he had asked Baekhyun, who was busy running down Chanyeol's dinky cars with his own. ''Oh? That? That's Oh Sehun. How can you not know Jongin? You've been here for...'' Baekhyun stops to think. When had Jongin come? He settles with a '' long time''. 

''Why should I know who he is?'' Jongin asks in curiosity, sitting on his shins and wrapping his arms around his knees and placing his chin on them. ''Because he's scary.'' Chanyeol says seriously, shoving Baekhyun's hand away when he attempts to run the small car up his arm and onto his face.

''Why?'' Jongin asks, doodling on the sand with his index finger, the tip of his tongue poking out between his lips. He had learnt to write the letter J. Soon he would be able to write 'Jongin'. But maybe just the J would be enough. There couldn't be another Jongin right? he thinks.

''He got Jinki in trouble once.'' Chanyeol says watching Sehun swing up, higher and higher.

''How?'' Jongin asks, eyes squinting in the harsh glare of the sun. His shins grow tired and he flops down on the sand, completely forgetting his mother's threats if he comes home with dusty pants again.

''Jinki wanted a lemon flavoured lollipop, when Miss Lee gave us one each as her birthday treat. But Sehun wanted lemon too. So he told Jinki he wanted his.'' Chanyeol stops for dramatic effect. Baekhyun would never humour him, but Jongin is all ears as he leans in. ''Then what?'' he whispers, holding his breath.

''Well, Jinki refused and Sehun told Miss Lee that Jinki took two lollipops and because she believed Sehun, she gave him Jinki's lollipop and Jinki got nothing.''

''Nothing?'' Jongin gasps in horror. What child would deny another of something as exquisite as a lollipop!?

''Yeah. Nothing'' Chanyeol says grimly. ''Oh shut up. He's done even meaner stuff... That i can't remember'' Baekhyun huffs thoughtfully. 

Woo Jinki was the messiest kid in class. Jongin had once seen him eating glue.

'' His insides are gonna stick now'' Jongin had whispered to Baekhyun who had chuckled evilly. The three had watched, waiting for something to happen, but all that happened was Jinki getting a big scolding that even scared the three boys, and that was saying something since they were sure that by now they knew all Miss Lee's styles of scolding. This was a new one, and neither one of them wanted it unleashed on them. 

Jongin had also walked in on Jinki stripping a plaster off his elbow and stuffing it in his mouth.

It wasn't that surprising that the teacher believed Sehun.

Anyway, going back to the monstrous story, of the denial of the lollipop...

''That's a naughty thing to do though'' Jongin says,  pouty lips jutting out more at the injustice of the world. ''My mummy would punish me for lying. One spanking. To my bottom'' he says pointedly, giving his own a small affectionate pat. ''If it's a big lie, I get two spankings'' he adds, holding two fingers up, assuming that his friends were interested in the topic.

Oh! Jongin knew how to count to five now, and was very proud of it.

He was unaware that his classmates could count to a hundred by now.

''When I don't listen to mummy or daddy, they---''

''Shut up Jonginnie. No one cares'' Baekhyun cuts him off, sensing an entire explanation regarding Jongin's naughty actions and the punishment for each and every one of them. He grins and ruffles Jongin's hair at the crestfallen expression. ''Maybe some other time'' he lies and Jongin's face lights up.

''You're so cool hyung.'' Jongin chirps.

''Well. Stay away from him Jonginnie. He can be very mean to anyone'' Baekhyun says and the three boys watch Sehun hop off the swing and dust himself off, before heading towards the classroom. He glances over at them.  Chanyeol and Baekhyun busy themselves with their toys immediately. But Jongin watches Sehun in curiosity, their eyes locking for a few seconds before Sehun looks away with a sneer.

''I don't like him'' Jongin whispers after the boy disappears into the class. ''No one does.Now come on. Let's go to the sand pit'' Baekhyun calls over his shoulder, already heading towards the said sand pit. 

''But there are lots of creepy crawlies in that. I saw on T.V'' Jongin frowns as Chanyeol drags him after Baekhyun. 

''You can find  a worm or two if you're lucky. I once found one even longer than my arm'' Baekhyun says, forgoing the fact that his arm was shorter than an average four year old's to make such a general judgement. He was already filling a bucket with handfuls of sand.

''You must put water onto the sand if you want to see wormies.'' Jongin says, forgetting his previous hesitation in place of seeing a worm longer than his arms. 

Soon the three boys are pouring water all over the sand pit in the hope of seeing worms.

Sehun watches the three boys in disgust as they get covered in mud. He makes a note to never come into contact with any of them.

*

The next day, as the four year old's struggle with the alphabet, Baekhyun nudges Jongin. ''What?'' the tanned boy asks. Baekhyun gestures out the window and he sees dark grey clouds rolling towards them before a rumble breaks through, making the class jump.

''Just a storm kids. No worries it'll pass over..'' Miss Lee says tapping the blackboad with the chalk in her hand to bring their attention back to work.

''We can collect worms'' Baekhyun whispers as the teacher goes back to the blackboard. 

''But we might get the fever if we get soaked..'' Jongin contradicts to be replied with a roll of eyes via Baekhyun. ''Fine. Don't come then''

Class ends and the kids rush to their waiting parents. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongin always stayed back since their parents came late after work. Sehun usually had someone come pick him up, but today, he was staying back as well. Sehun made sure to stay far away from the other boys.

''I'll be in the staff room if you need me okay'' Miss Lee smiles and bustles out. 

''Come on Yeollie. Let's go worm hunting.'' Baekhyun grins and runs out. ''I don't wanna stay alone with him'' Jongin whines and watches his two friends running. He looks to his right and blinks at the scowl Sehun's shooting at him.

After not much contemplation Jongin relents. ''I'm coming'' he calls after Baekhyun and Chanyeol, running as fast as his short legs would allow him. ''But only because I want to see wormies. If I find a loooong wormy, I will give it to mummy'' Jongin smiles, proud at his own splendid idea of what he believes would be the best gift ever for his mother.

They're lucky as worms spring up from the soil, squirming, and disrupting the peace of the mud before being picked up between chubby fingers and dropped into a bucket. 

Jongin wonders to a more deserted part of the playground and is soon busy looking for a nice long worm.

He was delighted as he finds himself a long pink worm. Not as long as his arms but long enough to make him feel proud. '' Hello wormy. I'm Jongin. And I'm going to call you Squirm. And I'll keep you in a cup and feed you everyday. I won't let anything eat you. Mummy will love you too'' He spends a few minutes the worm lovingly.

''That's so gross'' a voice scoffs behind Jongin, who turns around and pushes his wet bangs out of his eyes to see a disgruntled looking Sehun standing primly away from the mud, on the grass with an umbrella held over his head. 

Jongin pushes his hair back again, coating half his face with mud, as well as his hair.

''Squirm?'' he asks with wide eyes. '' Don't be hurt at his words Squirm. He may not like you. He's no one to talk actually when no one likes him. I love you Squirm. That's all that matters.'' he smiles at his worm adoringly.

Sehun scowls at the others words and wants to retort with ''There are lots of people who like me'', but realizes with a start that they were all adults. So he settles with a ''Are you talking to that thing?'' .

''Yeah. He understands.'' Jongin hums proudly, when the worm curls up in his palm as water hit him. ''See. You hurt him'' Jongin pouts sadly. ''You're a horribly mean boy'' he suddenly says glaring at Sehun and his worm.

''Worms can't understand silly.'' Sehun says, walking towards Jongin. ''How would you know what wormies feel'' Jongin huffs crossly. ''Don't touch him! You're gonna tell Miss Lee aren't you'' Jongin cries, pointing a finger at Sehun accusatorily. 

''What? I don't care about you or your gross pet. You're both gross.'' Sehun says growing angry himself. How dare this muddy boy speak to him like that?

Sehun watches in curiosity as Jongin bends and picks up another worm. ''Try holding it'' he says holding the squirming thing towards Sehun who gasps and takes steps back. ''Ewww no.'' he says but Jongin is adamant about letting Sehun discover the amazing experience of holding worms. ''Please'' he smiles expectantly and Sehun stares at the boy's smile, but scowls. Didn't this stupid boy understand?

''No. You're a stupid, ugly boy'' he insults suddenly and smiles when tears well up in Jongin's eyes. 

''No I'm not'' Jongin sniffles quietly. 

''You are. And you're disgusting too.''

Jongin attempts to run away and bawl his eyes out in a corner, but his untied shoelaces cause him to stumble. He doesn't fall, but catches himself just in time. A loud ear splitting scream cuts through the air as both the worms in Jongin's hand fly through the air and fall splat on Sehun. The short one on his face, the long one on his arm.

''GETITOFFGETITOFF!'' he shrills. Jongin gasps and hurries to him, pulling both the worms off. 

Instead of a 'thank you', Sehun screams and shoves Jongin hard. It's Jongin turn to scream, as he stumbles back, arms grabbing at air as he falls on his bum. 

He feels his bottom go numb at the pain and his palms are covered in mud and cuts that start to bleed.

''Serves you right'' Sehun says coldly. 

But he should've known that Jongin was not like his other victims. Instead of cowering, and crying and apologizing, Jongin grabs Sehun by the ankle and tugs. 

With a shriek, Sehun falls face flat into the mud, umbrella flying in the wind.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/n :  How y'all doing fellas?!

Seriously though, not all kids are sweet ya know. Some tend to be pretty mean to children their age. 

This was supposed to be a one shot but well you gotta write when inspiration hits you anywhere. Something's better than nothing right?

This is more like a Prologue I guess?

I'm at a party which is why it's short. Everyone's socializing but I'm near the food table avoiding all possible human contact and tapping away at my phone. I think I drank half the fruit punch on my own. It's like im in a bar, pouring myself drinks. I just need a hot bartender who'll listen to my life problems..

I'm totally under dressed as well. But oh well!

This is the first time I'm writing a full on Brat!Hun, and its fun!

So tell me whatchu think ok.

I hope by the time i finish this punch and stuff myself with some of the eclairs, cake and sausage puffs they just brought in, i have feedback.. Or i'll just check tomorrow.. phew I'm tired.

Thank you for subbing, the encouraging and excited comments and for upvoting even before reading!!!