Two.

This isn't abstract attraction baby.

Sehun feels smug. Very smug. 

This was perhaps what they called absolute power, he think as his mother drives him to preschool the next day. Mrs Oh's lips were set in a thin line, and Sehun knew exactly what that expression meant. 

Reverse time to the previous evening.

A mud soaked Sehun, nestled in his mothers arms, sobbing as he relates the sorry tale of a mean boy pushing him into the mud, was enough for Mrs Oh to decide that she better have a chat with the said boy's parents the next morning. Her little baby was wailing and she hated the thought of him being bullied. 

''How long has this gone on?'' she wonders out aloud, as she tenderly wraps a freshly showered Sehun in fluffy towels. ''A while'' Sehun pouts. A blatant lie of course, but what's the harm in a little exaggeration right?he thinks, smiling as his mother dabs baby cologne on him. He also gets a warm mug of hot chocolate and two of his favorite bedtime stories read to him that night.

So there he was, next morning, smirking as he spots Jongin, chatting eagerly with his mother. ''Mummy'' Sehun says urgently, tugging on Mrs Oh's fingers and pointing at the duo. ''There he is! There there!'' he cries and Mrs Oh removes her dark sunglasses and walks towards the pair with sure steps, Sehun in tow.

''Excuse me'' she says in her quiet but authoritative voice, and both Jongin and his mother turn around in sync. 

''Hi'' Jongin chirps with a bright smile and Mrs Oh is taken aback. 'Was this boy really a bully?' she wonders fleetingly but smiles at him nonetheless. Sehun frowns at the exchange between his mother and Jongin.

''I'm Mrs Oh and this is my son Sehun'' the woman begins. ''I'm aware that your son pushed mine into a puddle of mud yesterday. Sehun tells me that he's the constant victim of your son's designs and i am not going to sit back and watch, merely because they're kids and its only natural for kids to roughhouse about'' she says narrowing her eyes at a bewildered Mrs Kim.

Jongin blinks in surprise, most of what Mrs Oh not really making sense to his four year old brain, except for the words, ''I'm aware that your son pushed mine into a puddle of mud yesterday.''

''Jongin? Is this true?'' Mrs Kim asks her son sternly and Mrs Oh is mildly surprised at the approach the woman takes in confronting the little boy. She would've coddled her little Sehun thoroughly and promised him a nice treat. Not glare at him like Mrs Kim was. Poor thing, she think, glancing at Jongin with pity.

To her surprise, Jongin doesn't cry, nor does he answer his mothers queries. Instead, he takes a step towards Mrs Oh and looks directly into her eyes.

''Mrs Oh Sehun. I wanted to play with Sehun. He didn't want to because it was muddy and he doesn't like wormies. I gave my mother my wormy and now he lives in a jar..'' Jongin adds, with a beam, before reverting back to the story at hand. ''Sehun then said very mean things to me and pushed me when i went to take the two wormies that accidentally fell on him when i tripped. My shoelaces had come undone Mrs Oh Sehun. See. My shoelaces always comes undone.'' he says pointing at his shoes to make his point. 

''Come Jongin. Not comes'' Mrs Kim corrects him.

''Then Sheun pushed me. So I pulled him. He fell. '' Jongin finishes, watching his mother bend before him to tie his shoelaces. ''Doesn't the bunny go  around the tree mummy?'' he asks his mother in confusion as she uses a different method to tie his laces rather than what he had ben taught. 

It would be a lie to say Mrs Oh wasn't impressed by Jongin's confidence and his nature to get distracted easily. 

She glances at Sehun then, astonished at the menacing glare he sends towards Jongin. She had never seen that look on her son's face, and a thought occurs to her. What if her little pumpkin was lying? No way!

''Mrs Oh was it?'' Mrs Kim begins, as she straightens up having put an end to the argument she was having with her son on whether the bunny goes round or behind the tree. Sehun's mothers eyes shift towards the woman, who is smiling at her. But behind her eyes, she notices a firm conclusiveness. ''If Jongin said he didn't, I trust him. I know he's only four years old, and may make one think about whether trusting a small child is wise or not, but he has been brought up to value and abide by the concept of honesty, and I trust my son, so i believe you should perhaps talk to yours first. Good day'' she finishes, bows to Mrs Oh, grabs Jongin's little hand and walks them towards the preschool. 

''Bye Mrs Oh Sehun'' Jongin calls back, a shy smile on his face and Mrs Oh is smitten. She glances at Sehun who looks like he's on the verge of popping a vein. ''Mummy..'' Sehun starts, a little wobble to his voice and Mrs Oh thinks she should take a different approach to disclose the truth. With the way Sehun was glaring with venom at Jongin, she believes the truth isn't that hard to unfold.

''Sehun'' she says in a tone she's never used on her son. Sehun's eyes widen at the stern tone. Mrs Oh begins her interrogation.

For the first time in Sehun's life, he gets a good scolding.

*

When Sehun enters the classroom, his eyes are unusually red and puffy. He's sniffling, but his face hardens and a scowl marrs his face when all his classmates look at him curiously.

''Why are you crying?'' a little girl asks him but a loud peal of laughter cuts across the silent class and Sehun whips around to see Jongin's friends giggling over what he assumes is a picture book Jongin is showing them. Baekhyun takes the book and laughs again. Jongin's smiling too and Sehun hates it.

He hates that smile. He hates Jongin's laugh. He hates Jongin.

He stalks over to the trio and glares at Jongin, arms crossed.

''My daddy colored the picture on the next page with me'' Jongin says eagerly, short legs swinging back and forth in his excitement to show the picture to his friends. ''Mummy said his coloring is worse than mine and that's something because I never color within the lines.''

''What do you color then?'' Chanyeol asks confused. ''Oh. The background'' Jongin says proudly and Sehun inhales sharply in his anger at Jongin's shameless display of stupidity, and by Jongin's existence in general.

The sound causes the three boys to look up and gape in wonder at the short angry boy. Sehun's eyes are trained on Jongin as he whispers three sharp, cutting words,abnormal to be heard through the lips of a four year old with such malice as was evident through Sehun.

''I hate you.''

He turns on his heels and walks out of the class, leaving all the students in a state of bafflement. ''Watchu do Jonginnie?'' Baekhyun asks the younger whose eyes are glistening. ''I... i told the truth..'' Jongin hiccups, lower lip wobbling. ''Because.. i.. it's the right thing.. t..to do. R..right hyung?''

Baekhyun throws an arm around Jongin and sighs when the younger hugs him close, burying his face into the crook of Baekhyun's neck where he begins to sob. '' Yes Jonginnie. You're right and it's okay. You have us right?'' Baekhyun comforts the younger.

''He hates everyone. You're no exception. He probably just wanted to make sure you know'' Chanyeol reassures patting Jongin's head.

Mildly comforted, Jongin stays close to Baekhyun. Since then, he also takes a liking to cling onto Baekhyun, somehow finding solace in the older's presence and arms.

*

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were like an old couple whose son was Jongin, whom they loved to coddle. Disgusting, Sehun thinks watching Baekhyun tug a talking Jongin towards the swings, Chanyeol placing a hand on his back when he stumbled. 

Since the incident, Sehun watches the trio closely, scowl growing deeper whenever Jongin so much as smiled.

He hated.. no loathed the sight. 

He sees Jongin pull out some toffees from his pocket and offer them to his friends. This was not the first time he'd seen Jongin sharing his food. He wonders why he does that, because Sehun himself never gives anything of his to anyone. He hated sharing and never had to, being the only child and all.

So how could Jongin just hand over candy and other delicacies?

Sehun's observations only confirm that Jongin is the complete opposite of him. He smiles too much, talks too much, is too happy and it's painful for Sehun to watch. Sehun is also pissed when Miss Lee laughs and ruffles Jongin's hair for a silly story he told the class at Show and Tell. It was obvious to Sehun that Jongin's ridiculous tale was probably one spun by his parents as parents are bound to do. The tanned boy was too foolish to not realize this himself for it seemed that he genuinely believed the ignorant tale.

Sehun wonders why Miss Lee won't react the way he is. Instead Miss Lee was overwhelmed at Jongin's eagerness and had no heart to point out the many flaws in his story.

''You're so stupid.'' Sehun says, taking the liberty to correct Jongin. He smiles when Jongin's smile vanishes, but does not expect Miss Lee's small reprimand. ''But Miss Lee'' Sehun protests. ''No Sehun. You shouldn't say that. Jongin sweetie, go sit. I loved your story and so did the rest of the class. Right kids?'' she says smiling at the rest of the children who smiled back in agreement, some clapping.

Sehun's glare is on Jongin who avoids eye contact and tumbles into Baekhyun's arms with a small smile. Baekhyun says something, for in a second or two, Jongin's back to his positive persona.

Then, Jongin's friends with everyone contrary to how everyone's afraid of Sehun. Actually, Sehun has no issue with that, and preferred to keep things that way. Except for Jongin, the rest of the children cover and walk away when Sehun so much as approaches them, or is in the vicinity. With Jongin's entrance, Chanyeol and Baekhyun too lose the fear they previously had regarding Sehun.

Which is why, on a sunny and monotonous day, Sehun decides to venture out into the playground, instead of sitting inside by himself and his array of toys. The swings are ocupied, as were the slides and climbers. He spots the trio,sitting under the shade of a tree, playing with plastic toys. Jongin's nestled to Baekhyuns side, a lollipop languidly, eyes drooping as he makes an effort to stay awake,to watch his two friends play.

Sehun wordlessly sits with them, and glares at the trio when they eye him warily. There's a small silence as they all just sit, Baekhyun and Chanyeol playing, Jongin returning to his in and out of consciousness state.

''Why do you play with those?'' Sehun then asks, gesturing towards the sandpail and the trios famous dinky cars. ''... We like to play..?'' Chanyeol says scratching his ear and glancing at Baekhyun for support. ''Don't you own helicopters or remote control cars? Don't you have any toy figurines'' Sehun asks with a scoff.

''No. We don't. Nor do we ask our parents to buy those because they're expensive'' Baekhyun snaps irritably. 

''Oh.. you are poor'' Sehun says in understanding, more to himself than to the two boys who stop and stare at him. 

''We aren't poor. We're just happy with what we already have. Besides, we all have older siblings and therefore a lot of toys.'' Chanyeol adds in. 

''Second hand toys then. Proves you're poor.'' Sehun says dismissively, with his nose scrunched in distaste. ''My parents buy me limited edition toys which are very expensive. I own a Darth Vader figurine from the first ever set of the Star Wars figurines. Apparently, only 100 of those versions were made.'' he says with a proud smirk.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun stare at him in awe and Sehun thinks he likes this feeling. He's about to list off his other limited edition toys, but a small whine from Jongin prevents him from doing so. ''Sorry Jonginnie. Do you wanna play?'' Baekhyun asks the boy, handing him a toy. ''Noo hyung. 'm sleepy'' Jongin yawns and Baekhyun giggles before pulling the boy into his arms. ''Okay Jonginnie.'' he coos and Sehun is dismayed when the attention shift from him to the sleepy Jongin when Chanyeol too crawls towards his two friends leaving Sehun alone. 

His dislike for Jongin only grows. 

And he doesn't hesitate to show it either.

What changes things is the day he falls. 

It was a friday evening and everyone had left as usual, leaving Sehun in the class alone with Jongin. Ignoring the boy, he gathers his bag and walks out, head held high, plannning to sit on the bench and wait for his father or mother to come get him. He doesn't see or expect a boy to come running towards him and knock into him with strength enough to make little Sehun stumble and fall onto his back, knocking his head on the sandy ground. The other boy only gasps but continues running for whatever reason. 

Dazed, Sehun sits up and blinks rapidly. At first, there was no pain, just a slight sting. Then the pain hits him. Hard.

His back hurts, his arms are scratched and bleeding and his head is throbbing. He does what he usually does. He bursts into loud wails, except this time, it was genuine and had solid reasoning behind it.

But his mother wasn't there, neither was Miss Lee. But his cries get louder, and louder. ''Sehun!'' a voice shrieks and Jongin's falling onto his bum before the injured boy, all wide eyes and open mouthed. ''You fell?'' he asks eyeing the injuries, bleeding rapidly. Sehun would've snapped at him if it was not as painful, called him stupid and screamed at him, but in his current condition, the sight of his bleeding hands only makes him cry harder. 

''I'll call Miss Lee'' Jongin gasps and stumbles onto his feet with determination. 

Minutes later, Jongin comes running back, sweating but eager. ''Mrs Lee is on the way. Don't cry Sehun'' he tries to console the pale one but only gets a glare in reply. Jongin watches him in worry, biting his lip, but has an idea. He pulls out his hanky and dabs at Sehun's crying face hesitantly. Sehun starts, and is about to scream at Jongin, but stops when Jongin cups his cheeks.

''Don't cry Sehun. It'll hurt less soon. I promise. I've had worser falls but the adults know how to make the pain stop. So please don't cry.'' he says, brown eyes staring into Sehun's earnestly. Sehun's crying had stopped by then and he lets Jongin wipe his face, because his smile was suddenly not as annoying as it was. 

''Oh. My daddy's here. And Miss Lee is coming as well. See. Everything's gonna be okay.'' Jongin beams getting up and dusting his bottom. ''My mummy will kill me again when she sees my dusty pants'' he laughs and Sehun thinks the sounds not that bad. He gazes up at Jongin who grabs his backpack and suddenly he doesn't want the other boy to leave.

He tries to voice it out but all that comes out is a little whine. Jongin stops and blinks at him. ''Ohh'' he gasps in realization and comes running back. He bends down and plants a sweet kiss, on first Sehun's left cheek then his right. ''Mummy does that to me when i get hurt.'' he smiles, waves and runs off when his father pokes his head into the preschool impatiently. Jongin jumps into his arms and kisses the man's cheeks  with childish glee, giggles growing louder as Mr Kim pokes his belly playfully. 

''Oh my goodness! I thought you only had a small fall, I'm sorry Sehunnie, i was on the phone for too long wasn't I'' Miss Lee says in a flurry, carrying the boy and rushing to the infirmary hurriedly, rambling on about something or the other. She's surprised at Sehun's silence, being aware of how Sehun would usually behave, but brushes it off as she runs about getting disinfectants, gauze and a number of creams. 

Sehun sits silently, his wounds not as unbearable as it was. Jongin's voice plays on repeat in his head, pleading with him to not cry. And Sehun decides he won't.

*

The next day is, to simply put it strange.

The trio find Sehun sitting with them, but his attention was solely on Jongin. The strange comes into the equation when Sehun's nice to Jongin

Jongin being the oblivious child he was saw nothing amiss in the situation and accepted Sehun. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were at first very uncomfortable to the newest addition to their little group, and they were also creeped out with the way Sehun watches Jongin's every move. Now everytime Jongin tried to cling onto Baekhyun, or cuddle with him for a nap, Sehun would pull him back with a scowl directed at Baekhyun. 

He spoke only to Jongin, and when Jongin asked him why, he replied with a ''I don't want to talk to them''. 

''But, I want you to'' Jongin said and suddenly, Sehun was speaking with them, albeit with distaste. He was his usual mean self to the two, but Jongin was happy to see his friends all interracting.

Sehun was naturally possessive.

He never liked sharing. He doesn't like it when Jongin plays with Baekhyun's or Chanyeol's toys, always pushing them away and placing his in their place. He hated to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol touch his toys, but let it slide when Jongin smiled at him.

As time goes on, so does the strange friendship. Suddenly Sehun finds himself liking Baekhyun and Chanyeol. He's nice to them and readily shares toys and food with them. He even speaks to the other kids. Mrs Oh sees the change and realizes it was Jongin's doing, when one morning she drops Sehun at the preschool and chances to see her son link his hands with Jongin and drag him into the preschool. She smiles, because the change in Sehun is a good one. He didn't complain as much and surprisingly, never cried again for any reason.

She also catches Mrs Kim staring at her, and the two women share a warm smile, and all past events are forgotten in light of their sons' friendship.

 Jongin becomes Sehun's best friend naturally, and he likes how Jongin begins to cling to him. An annoyed spark does ignite in him when Jongin pays more attention to Chanyeol or Baekhyun,but Sehun learnt to tolerate and be patient for Jongin always comes back to him with a sweet smile and silly stories he has come to enjoy.

Time passes and the group of four are soon in elementary school. By now, Sehun and Jongin were attached by the hip. Naturally, Baekhyun and Chanyeol don't really like this because the youngest between them was obviously being snatched away from them, but they remain silent when Jongin seemed so happy with Sehun.

It's when they turn seven that Sehun realizes something. 

He has seen people kiss in movies. In fact he sees his parents kiss almost everyday and decides that it's done between people who like each other.

Just to make sure, he asks his mother who smiles at him and replies with a ''Yes Sehunnie, you kiss people you like, but you only kiss people who you really like on the lips. Like daddy and myself''

Sehun's not very sure what she means but shrugs it off, because he was right afterall. You kiss people you like. And he liked Jongin. So the very next day he walks in, with his usual confident gait and smiles only at Jongin who grins sweetly, eyes crinkling and all when he sits next to him.

''Hi Sehun. I told mummy to make those chewy brownies you said you liked.'' Jongin says eyes crinkling again in mirth, and Sehun finds himself wondering yet again, why and how Jongin always remained happy and optimistic.

When the day ends, and they walk towards the gates, Sehun stops Jongin. He gave this idea a lot of thought and is positive that it's fine. ''Jongin.'' he says cutting off the other mid rant. Said boy turns to him with a hum. ''You like me right?'' Sehun says, narrowing his eyes and training them on a flower instead of at Jongin. 

''Yeah,I do. You're my best friend. Why?'' Jongin asks curiously.

'' Okay then. I can kiss you'' Sehun says with a tone of finality, as if his statement solved all the questions Jongin looked like he wanted to ask.

''I.. guess..'' Jongin says shyly. ''On the lips'' Sehun adds, watching Jongin's eyes widen and mouth form a perfect o.

''The lips? But that's what adults do'' Jongin says unsurely. Sehun was probably feeling the effects of the sun he thinks.

''Yeah, but it's actually when two people like each other'' Sehun clarifies reassuringly. Jongin only blinks at him. ''So.. you want to kiss my lips?'' he asks, pointing at his lips and Sehun sighs with a roll of his eyes. ''Yeah. ''

''But why do you want to kiss me?'' Jongin asks, a small blush fanning across his cheeks. He toes the sand about his feet diligently. ''I mean, Baekhyun and Chanyeol don't do that with me.. You don't seem like you want to kiss them either..''

Sehun rolls his eyes again and sighs. '' You're not them Jongin. And I know that if two people like each other, they kiss. Don't we like each other? We're best friends, so it won't be weird. Trust me,'' seven year old Oh Sehun says in a matter of fact tone watching his best friend's frowning face clear up in understanding.

''Alright'' Jongin says after much contemplation, stepping closer to Sehun and linking their fingers together.

Jongin smiles at him nervously, biting his lip in a way Sehun finds truly endearing. Sehun closes his eyes first and leans into Jongin, squeezing his hands. Lips meet in a chaste peck and both boys part blinking at each other. Jongin's the first to break the spell, smiling goofily and Sehun returns the smile with one of his own.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : Why hello there! Haha didn't expect an update didcha?! 

My writing I feel has become pretty rusty, and i found myself deleting and redoing this chapter a lot, but at least I'm back and huhu I shall bring this fic back from the forgotten!!

Thank you all for reading, subbing, upvoting and waiting patiently!

So yes, comments would be lovely, constructive criticism would be appreciated likewise, just don't say something cruel to break my flimsy heart... :'(

Upvotes would be ... amazing... *_* (See.. I can't form proper sentences.. my brains rusted along with the rest of me.. )