Chapter 2

a bit of nostalgia

Chapter 2

Trainee Period

Chapter 1 was a flashback and might as well the proceeding chapters.

 

“Yah! Byun Baekhyun I said carry this sandwich with you! Yah!” Mrs. Byun shouted on top of her lungs because her second son was not even paying attention to her words. Baekhyun scurried downstairs as he fix his still long damp and messy hair that covers his face.

Mrs. Byun grew frustrated because of her second son. She nudged her eldest son, Baekbeom and gave him a frustrated glance. She let out an exasperated sigh.

“Yah beom-yah, give this to your brother. He’ll get starved!”

Baekbeom shook his head. “Eomma, baekhyun wants to arrive early today because his crush will probably arrive early tod-----AISH!” Baekbeom’s sentence was cut off by baekhyun who threw him a throw pillow from the couch. Baekbeom knew who Baekhyun’s crush was. The GG member who always picks #1 whenever their manager arranges their sequence. So baekhyun always arrives early.

“Yah! It’s not true!” Baekhyun protested, avoiding his brother’s gaze because he’s probably turning red, as he turn to the mirror and fix his hair with Baekbeom’s gel.

Maybe I need a haircut. He told himself. Or maybe the company will, well we’ve got a year or less before debut.

Baekbeom, annoyed, threw his younger brother daggers. “YAH! WHY ARE YOU EVEN USING MY GEL!?”

Baekhyun finished off his hair and his box shaped mouth formed into a smile.

Bye eomma!” He bid his farewells leaving his mother and brother in awe. Baekbeom slouched on the dining chair and sliced the bacon and satisfied himself. Mrs. Byun annoyingly scratched her nape.

“Aish! If I had a daughter then probably I will have someone to be my ally in this house! Aish, why am I blessed with such troublesome sons!?” She stammered and sighed. Baekbeom just ignored his mother’s dramas.

Meanwhile Baekhyun took a bus going to Gangnam and straight to the company. He admits that the few remaining months are completely different. The company was already forming the group M1 and finalizing the members. He has this confidence but he couldn’t also deny the fact that he’s nervous.

“Yah, have you watched Twinkle yet?” He heard a girl with a blonde hair and chubby cheek, probably in highschool asking her fellow classmate beside her. The other one with a long black hair giggled.

“Ne! Omo-yah, I already voted them at MCountdown! Yah, I just got goosebumps from Taeyeon unnie’s high notes! Omo!”

They both gave themselves high five before moving to the next topic.

“Yah, ever heard about the next boy group?”

“Oh? Are there members yet?”

“I heard they were twelve!”

“But I love SHINee!”

Baekhyun shrugged his thoughts and went down the bus after a couple of minutes. He was a bit surprised because there were fans waiting outside the building. However, they’re not his fans. He quickly went put his thumb on the fingerprint detector and went inside.

Still it was the same day wherein Baekhyun was away from his seniors. He would always stay at the practice room with Chanyeol and the others. Chanyeol and Baekhyun weren’t really close but they easily got close in one day.

When Baekhyun entered the practice room he was surprised to see many people inside. Of course, Chanyeol was there with Kyungsoo, the scary white rich eyed guy up to Luhan, the Chinese trainee and the others.

Baekhyun passed through Jino, SM the Ballad’s Jino, he’s got great vocals.

Hey Baek.” Chanyeol greeted and gave Baekhyun a huge derp. Sehun gave his hyung a quick nudge to quit his childish acts.

Yah, today is Vocal ranking right?” Baekhyun asked his dongsaeng and Chanyeol. They both nodded at the latter. Baekhyun’s heart raced. He remembered that today will be the day wherein Taeyeon will go here to rank the trainees to finalize M1.

His heart pounded and thoughts flushed his head.

Do I look okay? He asked himself.

He began exercising his mouth my emitting different shapes then to exercising his vocal chords. He went from Do to Ti.

Kyungsoo noticed Baekhyun’s high notes and determination so he glanced at him. Baekhyun didn’t notice how many trainees were looking at him.

I need to be number on today, Jino can’t have that spot plus Taeyeon will be here. Baekhyun told himself and his vocals ranged high.

Yah, stop that.” Sehun hissed at his hyung but Baekhyun rolled his eyes and turned his back. He then continued exercising his vocal chords.

But all of a sudden the air felt different.

The trainees stiffened and they went to their positions while Baekhyun kept on doing his vocal exercises.

“Baek! Baekhyun-ah!” Chanyeol called out in a low tone but Baekhyun was just too stubborn. He closed both of his eyes and continued his business.

Meanwhile SHINee’s Kim Jonghyun and SNSD’s Kim Taeyeon entered the room while holding a folder.

The trainees were about to greet their sunbaes but then the greeting was distracted when Baekhyun did a high note.

Chanyeol whacked his head in shame.

Jonghyun laughed and Taeyeon smiled. Taeyeon leaned over to Jonghyun to ask what that trainee’s name was. Jonghyun shrugged and Taeyeon gave his biceps a soft punch. Taeyeon leaned over to Jongin and asked the Trainee standing alone at the back, doing high notes, name.

Jongin smiled and muttered, “Byun Baekhyun.”

Ah.” Taeyeon murmured. The name feels familiar but not the voice. This was Jonghyun and Taeyeon’s free time. They were appointed to rank the trainee’s vocals so that they could already finalize M1.

Taeyeon tucked her hair at the back of her ear and walked slowly towards Baekhyun who’s still not facing everyone.

Baekhyun stopped and noticed the empty space.

, did I do something wrong? He asked himself.

Taeyeon scooted towards Baekhyun. “Dongsaeng,” She called out.

Baekhyun stopped and his heart pounded like a sledgehammer. His breath hitched due to panic. That voice, that voice was so familiar that he could die of nervousness. That unique voice was owned by the one he likes, of course.

“Byun Baekhyun!” Taeyeon called out once again.

Her tone was perfect for Baekhyun’s ears. This was the first time that she called him because Girls Generation was too busy nowadays especially TTS for their upcoming Album.

Taeyeon saying his name was like a sweet serene melody that hymned through his ears. He gulped and faced the owner of that voice.

With Taeyeon’s confused expression, he got flushed. He stopped for a moment, his eyes stuck at Taeyeon’s.

“Please proceed to your Line so that we can start the evaluation.” Taeyeon told him and turned her back at him.

This could not get any worse?

From afar he can see Chanyeol and Sehun laughing their hearts out silently.

--

The Evaluation started and the Trainees were all Indian sitting except for Baekhyun who is hugging his knees.

Jonghyun and Taeyeon were busy telling their trainee lives and vocal evaluations.

“I was really jealous of her, she was always Number one when Ms. Choo ranks our vocals and I was always number two. I was a Taeyeon fan.” Jonghyun told the trainees and obtained a few laughs. Taeyeon gave jonghyun another punch and laughed.

“Oh really? You’re jealous?”

“Well, you’re always number one so I thought I wished for my name to be Taeyeon.”

Their talk earned laughs except for one certain trainee whose eyes are fluttering in jealousy and heart sinking. Baekhyun couldn’t deny the fact that he’s jealous with Jonghyun and Taeyeon’s closeness.

“Sorry Noona, I was your fan. You have a God given talent.” Jonghyun honestly told her and clapped his hands.

Taeyeon couldn’t stop laughing. “What the heck.” She murmured.

“Okay, the real reason why we are here because Taeyeon is searching for her Love.” Jonghyun joked once more which made Taeyeon to smack him harder.

Meanwhile Baekhyun still drowns in Jealousy.

“Ah, I’ll be a sunbae in a few months.” Jonghyun thoughts and Taeyeon nodded. “We are sent here to rank your vocals for M1. So I think we should-----“

 

Taeyeon’s words just passed from ear to ear at Baekhyun. Baekhyun observed how Taeyeon smiles and how her eyes smile when she laughs. How she exercises her vocals and how she manages her voice.

Baekhyun observed how Taeyeon’s lips purse when Jonghyun is Joking. How soft is her skin and how cute she can be.

 

“Okay, stand up.” Taeyeon commanded and the trainees obeyed her like a battalion of soldiers getting a command from their general. “Let’s do a Do Re Mi first before a short song.”

Taeyeon’s eyes scan the crowd of trainees and walk infront of them. She thought of an idea. She tightly gripped the envelope in between her fingers. She stopped infront of a trainee with a box shaped mouth and long hair.

Dongsaeng, let’s hear it.” Taeyeon told Baekhyun.

Of course, just a dongsaeng. Baekhyun muttered inwardly. He has been a fan of Kim Taeyeon eversince. She was his favorite Girls generation member. Every time she sings, he would stare at her and admire her so much. In every song, he would always replay Taeyeon’s part.

Byun Baekhyun was indeed a Taeyeon Fanboy.

And everything was called happiness by Byun baekhyun.

“D-Do re m-mi fa s-so l-la Tchi D-do~” Baekhyun recited like a kinder pupil. Taeyeon sighed and replied, “Pull it together. Don’t be nervous, don’t choke or stutter, this is your chance to debut Baekhyun, so…once again, arasseo?”

Baekhyun sighed. He just can’t deny the fact that he’s drowning from Taeyeon’s glares at him. It feels like he’s a girl.

Baekhyun tried his best to maintain his composition. “Arasseo.” He told her seriously. If he stutters more then he couldn’t be an idol.

 

And from afar, Chanyeol could see how happy Baekhyun’s eyes were.

--

Sorry I promise you longer chapters ^^

I need feedbacks and thank you for those who already commented! I means a lot guys~

Next update maybe in between May 9—12? Depends, Please comment! Sorry for ugly chap. But this is just the trainee period. Btw it was true that Jjong was jealous of Taengoo, he joked. Lol.

Eg, Breath Interview.