Prologue:

a bit of nostalgia

April 1, 2016

 

Taeyeon-ah…” Tiffany called out, with her phone in her hands, while sighing. “Jongin and Soo jung’s dating news had just been released and has already spread wildfire!” Tiffany mutters leaving Taeyeon’s face curl.

Taeyeon did not reply. She knows that Soo Jung somewhat holds a grudge against her. He sister, Jessica Jung, was a friend, even a sister. But because she didn’t do anything, she was out of the group.

“Omo!” Tiffany exclaimed while chuckling, “Some even thought that it’s an April fools show! Wahhh, daebak, the company is really shaggy.” Tiffany laughed as she sits beside her bestfriend with an unreadable expression.

Tiffany’s aura seemed to be out of place because of her friend. She wrapped her arms on Taeyeon’s left arm and asked, “Are you okay?”

Without any warning, Taeyeon snatched her phone causing the younger to protest. She opened Soo Jung’s instagram account and those comments made open in awe.

Stay strong Unnie!

Take care of Jongin!

Stay strong kaistal! We love you.

Take care of our precious baby Krystal! Don’t hurt him!

My ship is true omfggg

You’re one lucky girl Jung Soo jung

 

“How was this even possible….” Taeyeon mutters under her breath with a little sting of pain in her chest. Tiffany snatched her phone back and worriedly looked at Taeyeon.

“What did----“ Tiffany glanced at her Phone, redirected into Soo Jung’s Instagram account. She noticed that Taeyeon was frowning and automatically, she knew what she meant.

Just before Tiffany could speak, Junmyeon and Baekhyun walked in front of them. Junmyeon was busy drinking a can of coffee while Baekhyun has his hands inside his pockets.

Taeyeon could feel Baekhyun’s presence which made her even frown.

“Yah, how’s Jongin’s legs?” Tiffany asked EXO’s leader, Junmyeon. Junmyeon smiled and bowed. “He’s recovering. Oh, has the news spread already?”

Then SuFany fell into their own world which left Taeyeon and Baekhyun in awkward silence.

Taeyeon didn’t want to show her uneasiness so she stood up and walked away but someone’s melodic voice called her name that made her stop on her tracks.

“Taeyeon-ah….”

She misses it. She misses everything. But what can she do? All she can do is to hide everything with a broken smile.

Come on Taengoo, it’s been 2 years since that crap. How come you’re still hurt? How can you be hurt of something nonexistent? Just smile Taeyeon, smile at your dongsaeng.

She thought.

She sighed and resumed walking. Baekhyun with an unreadable expression painted on his face followed Taeyeon and grabbed her wrists making the latter face him.

“Taeyeon-ah let’s talk.” Baekhyun says. Taeyeon looked directly at Baekhyun’s eyes.

It was just a cover up Taeyeon, it was all scripted. Taeyeon thought. It was in the past now, forget it. Forget it! Nothing was true!

It was just a Sunbae-Dongsaeng relationship.

“Let go, I’m busy.” Taeyeon silently mutters as she tugs her hands off but Baekhyun’s grip was firm.

“Let go.” She murmured, holding her temper. Baekhyun sighed and replied, “Taeyeon-ah, I said let’s-----“

“Noona….” Taeyeon corrected him. It pains her so much with Baekhyun just calling her Taeyeon. She sighed and tried her best to smile. “Call me noona you pabo, I’m your Sunbae so show some respect.” She addressed in a calm tune. Baekhyun looked down with his firm hold finally wearing off. Taeyeon pulled back her hand and called Tiffany, they’re starting another concert in their Phantasia tours.

Taeyeon waved a goodbye to Junmyeon and dragged tiffany towards the practice room not noticing how sad Baekhyun’s eyes were.

--

 

However at the Back of Taeyeon’s mind, Kaistal’s comments are getting hot responses and support.

But how come when Baekhyun and I.....we got bashed. No one supported us. All we had to do was apologize for the company’s stunt.

 

She sighed. They were right. It was all just a cover up for Kris’ departure.

It couldn’t be something more than that.

It couldn’t be.

It’s shouldn’t be.

 

---

The day Kaistal’s dating news had been released, Kim Taeyeon suddenly became nostalgic about something she thought was real and it Dated, February 2014.

 

And nostalgia began to happen.

2 years

2 years before

Or even April 29, 2012.