phase one; rendezvous.

Descendants of the Sun II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kang Mo Yeon’s POV

Nothing has particularly changed in Seoul. I’m still working at Haesung Hospital, luckily, the highest-paid doctor as yet. Even though I missed out on becoming a professor for the fourth time. For the FOURTH freaking time, I repeat. As the evil witch Kim Eun Ji said, I spend more of my time in the makeup room rather than being stuck in the emergency room. At least, I make more money than the professor who can’t even diagnose her patient correctly.

President Han seems to have stopped bothering me too since I sort of made threats to open my own clinic next to the Haesung building. I think I might be the luckiest person on earth to live such a peaceful life! It’s been a pretty long time since I carried no burden on the mind, feels light as a sack of feathers.

Shi Jin and I are still dating happily. We rarely argue. Or more likely, he gives in to me before we even start having words. That’s what makes me be head over heels with him more. I’m truly, deeply, and madly in love with him.

For all that, things won’t simply go as planned, including our dates.

Ring ring ring

I swear I’d never answered a phone call this quick if the name ‘Big Boss’ didn’t pop up on my phone screen. “Beauty’s speaking.”

“Hey Beauty,” his soothing voice greets me. “Just want to remind you that you’re exclusively booked in with me at 7 PM.”

I stupidly smile to myself, “You sure you have made a reservation for taking Kang Mo Yeon out, Sir?”

“By all means,” he chuckles. “I’m entirely having her to myself.”

“Where are we going to tonight?”

“I’m having the new coffee shop on Gangnam Street in mind. What do you think?”

“I’m okay with that. By the way, you don’t have to pick me up at the hospital today. Let’s meet there instead. I’m taking Big Boss with me.”

“All right,” says him. “See you there.”

***

I’ve just got back from the broadcasting station at 6 in the evening. Half an hour late than what I’ve scheduled. That means, no washing my hair as I get home. Or else, I wouldn’t get there in time.

I’m in the middle of driving back home until I realize that I left my apartment key at the hospital and have to turn around. Sighs. What’s wrong with you, Kang Mo Yeon? It feels like you’re not being you today – spacing out on numerous occasions, messing the script up while filming, and on and on.

In a little while, I’ve arrived at the hospital and park Big Boss not far from the front door. As I reach the main entrance, I spot two or three ambulances being parked right in front of the lobby. I immediately jog to where Dr. Song is pulling the stretcher out of the car, moving the patient who’s severely injured.

“What happened?” I worriedly ask.

“What a coincidence, Dr. Kang! There was a chapter of traffic accidents. I can’t really explain in detail right now. Can you take care of the next patient?”

No matter what, saving people’s lives is my job. Whoever they are, wherever they come from, and whatever their race is, keeping them alive is my main priority. I’m sorry Yoo Shi Jin-sshi, I have to put them first before anyone else. I’m terribly sorry for keeping you waiting or even having to cancel our date all of a sudden. I hope you understand. I hope you can bear with me. I hope you won’t leave me.

In the end, I don’t let Yoo Shi Jin know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter