One and Two { Sejung x Somi }

Goal!!

 

 

Sejung waited until Nayoung left with Pinky to escape the locker room. She was stunned that those two were into each other. Nayoung never seemed interested in anything but soccer. She felt jealous over this. Jealous because she too wanted her crush to return her feelings. She wanted Jun Somi to kiss her in the locker room after they won a game. That was unlikely though. She was more than certain if they didn't play on the same team that Somi wouldn't even know she existed. Somi literally knew everyone and was the friendliest person alive. She was apart of the soccer club, did theater performances, was on student council, did volunteer work for fun, and managed to be a straight A student at the same time. Somi received confessions daily and Sejung couldn't see why Somi would even look at her twice compared to some of the people who liked her too.

 

They would forever just be one and two. That was their nicknames. Somi had the number one jersey while she had the number two one. They had great chemistry together when they played together during games, but during their practices in the five vs five, Somi would never be on her team. This was just a subtle thing and it was stupid that it slightly hurt her feelings every time. She was ready to give up on her feelings once and for all. That's what was occupying her mind as she met up with the group for tonight's sleep over.

 

Somi was on the couch in between Yeunjung and Chaeyeon who were all talking about something unrelated to the movie they were watching. Sejung was sprawled out on the floor with Mina. Chungha, Sohye, Yoojung, and Doyeon were in the kitchen trying to prepare some kind of food for everyone to eat. Nayoung came back into the room with Kyulkyung carrying a box of sports drinks for everyone to enjoy. The two of them sat down on the recliner at the corner of the room and Sejung could of swore she saw them cuddling. Sejung sighed audibly watching the on screen couple share a moment, she groaned rolling on to her back to stare at the ceiling.

 

“What's the matter with you?” Mina asked with the raise of her brow and shook Sejung just to test her reactions. Sejung rolled on top of Mina just to see if Somi would react at all. Somi didn't even look away from her conversation leaving Sejung to feel even worse than before. Mina playfully shoved her off while Sejung tried her best to maintain her trademark smile.

 

“I'm just hungry..” She lied as her eyes hovered over to the kitchen to see Yoojung and Doyeon feeding each other chocolate off of their fingers. This was just the last nail in the coffin for her. Sejung got up and left the room to go to the bathroom. She splashed her face with water a few times and made herself a promise from now on she wouldn't love Jun Somi. She was tired of being hurt. There was a knock on the door and Sejung was a bit taken back to see Nayoung there.

 

“I know you're hungry. The food is ready.” Nayoung's tone of voice was more relaxed than usual and she seemed genuinely concerned. Sejung could only shoot her the usual smile that everyone knew her by with a nod.

 

“Thanks captain.” The two ended up walking back to the living room together to settle down to the smores made by the four chefs of the team. She was going to try her best to enjoy herself tonight without worrying about her silly feelings.

 

- - -

 

“Somi over here!” Sejung waved her arm up while running across the field. They were to close to the end of the game. They were in the lead and Sejung wanted them to score as many points as possible. Somi grinned over at her much shorter team mate and kicked the ball over to her. Sejung managed to score for them making them even closer to the sweet taste of victory. The two of them continued this pattern and completely dominated in the final minutes of the game scoring two more goals. The game ended in 5 – 1.

 

“Wow! Unni you were so awesome!” Somi cheered and slung her arm around Sejung who immediately found herself blushing from the sudden skinship. The rest of the team seemed just as satisfied by their performance.

 

“As expected of one and two!” Chungha cheered to which everyone else promptly agreed to.

 

“When I graduate, one of you will be the team captain.” Nayoung added shooting them a proud look for a small hint of a smile.

 

Sejung was beyond happy with this and suddenly forgot her promise of forgetting her feelings for Somi. Later that night, it was time for the usual victory sleep over. Things were a lot different this time, she was sitting alone on the couch with Somi who simply wouldn't stop talking to her. She was one hundred percent sure that this was the most Somi had spoken with her ever. She was sort of breathless with Somi laid her head in on her lap.

 

“You're so much smaller than me.” Somi blinked with a smile as she peered up at the flustered Sejung who could only nod. Somi was a freshman and was already almost as tall as Nayoung who was an actual giant.

 

“Do you like that?” Sejung asked without thinking. She realized what she said and lost her cool for a moment. Somi was going to think she was a weird one.

 

“It's very cute.” Somi admitted as she snuggled up against Sejung leaving her wanting to faint from this close of contact. Her heart was beating entirely too fast from this, but it felt like a dream come true. Imagine her surprise when Somi insisted on sleeping beside her which had never happened before by the way. They curled up together in one sleeping bag and Sejung died inside when she felt Somi's arms around her when they started to drift off together.

 

- - -

 

Things were very different between them since that day. Somi would always make an effort to find Sejung at least three times during the school day to strike up a conversation. People were starting to get rather envious of this. They were still many confessing to Somi though so Sejung didn't have any ounce of hope for this to turn into anything more. She was just satisfied being a close friend and having Somi notice her existence on the daily. She would never imagine for a second that the other girl could ever harbor any sort of feelings for her ever. When Somi surprised her by back hugging her while she was opening her locker, her heart almost stopped beating.

 

“Hey! Get a room!” Doyeon yelled as she walked by to get to her own locker.

 

“I don't wanna! I'm busy hugging unni!” Somi replied childishly making the three of them laugh together. The small acts of affection were probably innocent on Somi's part but they were making things for Sejung. She was falling deeper than she ever had before when it was one sided. She wasn't sure what to do now. She didn't want to end what they had now, but she didn't want to end up feeling worse when Somi was dating someone else.

 

- - -

 

 

They were left alone on the soccer field when everyone else left to go back home for the day. Sejung simply sprawled out on to the field to stare at the sunset and Somi joined her. They laid there in silence just watching the transition of time right before their eyes. Sejung yawned and Somi nudged her with her shoulder.

 

“Don't fall asleep.” Somi wrapped her arms around the smaller girl and pulled her into her arms. Sejung couldn't hide her smile as she nuzzled into Somi's neck. She could smell hints of perfume which was a nice change to the strong grass smell she had been inhaling for the past two hours.

 

“Aren't you busy today?” Sejung yawned and her eyes began to close. She was used to Somi leaving after practice to go to another activity that was she involved in.

 

“No, I cleared my schedule to spend time with you.” The thought of that alone was enough to make Sejung's heart flutter and her face was red again as it usually was when she was with Somi.

 

“You make it harder for me every time you say things like that...” Sejung sighs as she pulls away from the younger girl to sit up. Somi sits up as well and her head when she sees Sejung pulling grass out of the ground for no reason.

 

“What do you mean?” She grabs Sejung's hand to stop her from destroying the field any further which makes Sejung pout a bit. She takes a deep breath and makes eye contact with a confused Somi.

 

“I'm in love with you.” Sejung admits clear as day and is a bit surprised to see Somi becoming red in the face this time. She only grows more nervous and wants to go back to torturing the grass.

 

“Why didn't you tell me?” Somi is pursing her lips, looking around at anything but Sejung due to her own nerves. Sejung flops on the ground with a groan because this is the hardest thing she's ever done.

 

“How could I? You never noticed I existed until recently.” She mumbles loud enough for Somi to catch wind of who looks a bit hurt from the comment. Sejung isn't sure if she feels guilty about that or what. Somi plops down in front of Sejung to hold her head in her lap while her hair. Sejung gets chills from this.

 

“Unni...that's not true. I've always looked at you. When you smile, when you frown, when you roll on top of Mina in front of me. I just wasn't sure how to approach you because you're older than me.” She wants to bury herself in a hole because she had no idea that Somi actually did see that thing with Min and wants to ask about it but her lack of being able to breathe stops that. She can't even react before Somi leans down to cup her face, connecting their lips for the very first time. Their cheeks burn both of their skin immensely as they kiss each other back. Sejung is speechless when they pull away and she's hiding her face behind her hands while Somi giggles shyly at this.

 

 

“A lot of people have confessed to me, but I haven't confessed to anyone yet. I, number one Jun Somi have deep feelings for you number two Kim Sejung unni. Will you be my girlfriend?” Sejung almost faints when she hears these words leave Somi's lips. She has to pinch herself a few times before nodding happily with a smile that makes her cheeks hurt. '

 

“You don't...know how long I've wanted this.” Sejung replies before kissing Somi one more time.

 

- - -

 

The two walk back together hand in hand with big smiles. Somi makes a comment about their height difference again and tries to lift Sejung up in a romantic way which only has her flailing. Yoojung and Doyeon were still at school because they were making up a test they both failed after copying each other. Yoojung caught sight of their two team mates doing some unusual things even for them and tugged on Doyeon's sleeve who was occupied talking to a guy.

 

“I think they're a couple now!” Yoojung whispered loudly and waited for Doyeon's reaction who didn't even look back at her.

 

“Yeah.” Doyeon was still focused on her conversation with the male in front of her which led to Yoojung frowning. Her best friend wasn't one to ignore her ever.