Feelings { Yoojung x Doyeon}

Goal!!

 

Yoojung had grown distraught when she began to realize that her best friend Doyeon had been hanging out with her less and less. It felt like the only time they actually had quality time together was now soccer practice. However, even then Doyeon didn't seem too focused on soccer which easily was her favorite past time. Yoojung had figured that maybe it was this guy that had her bestie being so distant towards her. This hurt a lot because Yoojung had always considered herself inseparable from Doyeon. The two of them had been best friends since pre-school.

 

Yoojung had considered that one day one of them would be dating someone else, but she didn't understand why she was reacting like this. Could her feelings of friendship for Doyeon go beyond that? Sejung and Somi certainly had made that next step. She had a hunch that Nayoung and Kyulkyung had as well. She was unsure though. These were all the thoughts that filled the head of the tiny girl as she kicked the ball back and forth with Sohye. Doyeon was usually her partner in this, but today she decided to pair up with Yeunjung.

 

“Are you okay!?” Sohye asked innocently kicking the ball gently to Yoojung while admiring Somi headbutting during her practice. Yoojung nodded as she watched Doyeon zone out.

 

“Yeah I'm fine of course.” She replied cheerfully despite feeling anything but that. That was when she caught Doyeon staring at her out of the corner of her eye. As soon as she turned her head, she was already looking back at Yeunjung. She was tired of this and decided to do things as she always would do. She ran over to Doyeon and tackled her to the ground which had not single person blink an eye. Those two were always rough housing together.

 

“Kim Doyeon! How long are you going to ignore me!?” Yoojung screamed playfully, but Doyeon didn't seem too amused. She shoved the smaller girl off with an awkward expression on her face. Everyone was staring at this point because it wasn't like Doyeon.

 

“I need to go. Sorry captain.” She got up and dusted herself off. Nayoung gave her a nod of acknowledgment leaving Yoojung alone in the grass. The team fell silent and Nayoung pulled Yoojung aside from everyone else.

 

“Is everything okay? I noticed there was something going on between the two of you.” Nayoung gave Yoojung a pat on the back as she started to cry. The rest of the team noticed one of their own in pain and ran over for a huge group hug. Yoojung was full on sobbing in Nayoung's arms who seemed to be trying her best to get the shorter girl to smile again.

 

“I don't know. Doyeon won't talk to me anymore.” Everyone else wanted to cry by how heart breaking Yoojung's little sobs were. This caused Somi to stand up with the most supportive smile she could muster.

 

“Don't worry! Detective Somi is on the case!” She announced suddenly before running off the field. Nayoung sighed and decided to end practice early that day since everyone was so unorganized which was something she couldn't stand.

 

Somi had managed to track Doyeon down in the locker room and managed to flag her down. She tried to escape, but Somi was way too fast which ended up in her being cornered.

 

“So, what's going on with you and Yoojung?” Somi asks with a worried expression which only proceeds to make Doyeon feel guilty.

 

“I don't really wanna talk about it.” She tries to avoid looking at Somi too who doesn't wanna give up so easily and tries to encourage her team mate to speak up on her own.

 

“We're team members. We can talk about anything.” Somi grabs on to Doyeon's hands who sighs and ultimately gives into her cuteness.

 

“Promise you won't judge?” Doyeon looks down at her feet and kicks the dirt on the ground while Somi ushers her to sit on the bench in the locker room.

 

“Of course not!” She plops down next to Doyeon who seems unsure of this. She takes a moment to gather her thoughts. Somi rubs down her back to reassure her that everything will be alright in the end. Doyeon finally gathers her courage and begins speaking.

 

“A guy likes me a lot and I tried to return his feelings, but I can't. I think I'm in love with Yoojung.” She looks down in the ultimate shame or was in a sort of sadness? Somi wasn't exactly sure. She could only give her friend a hug and give her a minute to recollect herself.

 

“So, you're scared she won't return your feelings?” Somi had to make sure so she could give the right advice. Although she knew exactly what Doyeon felt like as she was somewhat afraid of that with Sejung in the past.

 

“Yeah, or ruin our friendship.” Doyeon place her face in her hands. Somi frowned and stood up which she also ushered Doyeon to do. Doyeon raised a brow when she saw the look that Somi gave her which looked quite crestfallen.

 

“She's more upset that you're ignoring her more than anything. You need to go talk to her.” The fact she had hurt her best friend made her stomach churn. She felt like a disgusting monster and really didn't have it in her to face Yoojung after ignoring her all this time. She knew she had to though and returned to the soccer field where she knew her best friend would be. Yoojung was sitting alone facing away towards the goals.

 

“Choi Yoojung..” Doyeon called out to her as she approached her. Yoojung gazed up at her like a small puppy that had been kicked. Doyeon mentally punched herself for inflicting such pain on her like this.

 

“You're not going to ignore me now?” Yoojung still seemed quite hurt. Doyeon could only responding by holding the other girl close to her with a nod.

 

“I never meant to ignore you...I just wasn't sure what to do.” Yoojung seems confused by this because Doyeon has always been the level headed one between both of them. She places her hand over her best friend's to give it a squeeze with her smile returning finally.

 

“We'll figure it out together like we always do. No matter what happens, you'll always be my best friend!” The words coming from Yoojung made Doyeon want to cry in a good way. Her heart was soaring from the sweetness.

 

“You'll always be mine.” Doyeon assured and felt a blush rising to her cheeks when she saw the way Yoojung was smiling at her.

 

“So..will you tell me?” Yoojung seemed to be quite hopeful while Doyeon grew more afraid of how what she was going to say. If she didn't do it now, she never would. She took a deep breath while Yoojung made a confused look.

 

“I love you...as more than a friend. In a romantic way.” Doyeon couldn't bring herself to check Yoojung's reaction to her words. It was quiet for what felt like ever.

 

“I feel the same way.” When Doyeon looked up, Yoojung was smiling at her. Her heart was racing and she wasn't sure what to do now. She did know what to do however when Yoojung had pulled her into a kiss. Her mind was no longer processing anything, except that she was kissing her best friend. That was all that matter.