Final

Wish

Lee Sowon thought that it was a complete coincidence that her seatmate during her second year in high school turned out to be Kwon Soonyoung. Her friends liked to joke that it was fate as both their names were themed after wishing. Heck even their birthdays were exactly fourteen days apart. Sowon’s name meant wish in Korean and Soonyoung had the character of “Soon” which meant star in Korean and his stage name as a dancer was Hoshi. And from then on, it became a joke in their class and soon the rest of their school, having been dubbed as the “Star Couple”.

Soonyoung was in a pretty well-known dance crew which has entered and won awards in various district and national dance competitions. Sowon was a pretty well-known artist herself, having entered and won various awards in various district and national art competitions. Soonyoung and Sowon weren’t particularly close per say, they talked and conversed like classmates and schoolmates should but nothing on the friend level.

But as graduation edged nearer with only a year left as high school students, everyone was in a frenzy about studying for college entrance exams while making unforgettable memories with each other and at the school. But there was one thing that everyone was pretty excited about and that was preparing for the school’s annual yearbook as well as the graduating cohort’s graduation yearbook. The yearbooks were all self-produced by the students every year, with no external help from the teachers except when they needed approval from the school board. Various awards were given out for the yearbooks and the students got to vote with no interferences from the teaching staff and school board.

Speaking of the yearbooks, Sowon blinked confusedly when her class president, Hong Jisoo, handed her a piece of paper.

“You got nominated for best couple along with Soonyoung.” Explained Jisoo, who was also on the main yearbook committee.

“B-but we aren’t a couple.” Said Sowon, confusedly.

“I know, but the students sent in the nominees. And you were nominated along with Soonyoung for best couple, best pair and best chemistry.” Explained Jisoo.

“Don’t worry about it too much, it’s all part of the fun about the yearbooks.” Said Jisoo, reassuringly.

Sowon nodded before she headed to her seat. Sowon watched as Jisoo explained the same thing to Soonyoung when he entered the classroom. Soonyoung nodded slightly when Sowon heard Jisoo mention the word yearbook. Sowon looked away when Soonyoung glanced at her before turning his attention back to Jisoo, who had presumably mentioned her name and the categories that they were nominated for.

“You must have gotten quite a surprise about Jisoo’s announcement.” Commented Soonyoung, after he took his seat beside her.

“I guess, I mean we aren’t a couple.” Shrugged Sowon.

“But we can try.” Commented Soonyoung.

Sowon blinked before her lips morphed into a playful smirk, “Are you asking me on a date, Kwon Soonyoung?”

Soonyoung let his lips curve into a smirk, “No, I’m asking you to be my girlfriend.”

Soonyoung patted Sowon’s head as he stared at the girl expectantly.

“I’ll give you a chance, I guess.” Spoke Sowon.

Soonyoung grinned, “You’ll never regret making me your oppa."