Kim Mingyu is A Vampire

The Fact About Kim Mingyu That Only I didn't Know
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Mingyu is a vampire.

There was one time at gym period when both of our classes' schedules met. The teacher just decided to make a big baseball game with each class serving as a one big team. Of course Mingyu was chosen as the pitcher of his team, with his perfect aim and all. As the game proceeded, one girl from my class apparently was too blinded by his beauty or something that she missed the ball and the momentum of her swaying motion managed to send the bat flying right into my direction.

My head, the back of it to be precise, of course wasn't designed to resist such brutal trauma. Aside from the instant darkness that flooded my vision, apparently I was bleeding quite hard that I had to take six stitches for that. Thankfully I only had to deal with mild concussion, therefore I could immediately went home after the anesthetic wore off. But that wasn't the end of the bad day for me.

Apparently believing that it was his fault, he insisted to be the one to assist me when I got wheeled in to the ambulance. Despite the pain and dizziness, I could still remember the way he pulled me up into his arms, cradling my head while gently pressing his jumper into the back of my head to held out the bleeding while we wait for the medics. He was looking at my wound so attentively, almost in a freaking fascination, if I might add. It was the first thing I could see after I could really grasp the situation; his eyes, peering ever so curiously at the bandage covering my wound. He was so close, I suppose he didn't realize that I had woken up. He peered even closer, if that's even possible, so close that I could almost feel his breath at the junction of my head and my neck.

I freaked out and pushed him away in an instant. He looked surprised as well, laced with a bit of embarrassment and guilt. He blurted an apology and quickly dashed out of the room before my mind was able to form any comprehensible response to the situation.

The next time I saw him again was two weeks later, on my way to the cafeteria during the first break period. He was goofing off with his soccer teammates; one of them—I think it was Won-something—shoved him away because of the stupid jokes that he made and then his back just oh-so-coincidentally collided into my body. It was a total drama moment, except instead of a dashing smile and an apology with a helping hand, he just looked at me in surprise and got up so fast before hastily scurried away from the scene like he had just seen a ghost.

Since then, I realized that that Kim Mingyu had always been so close. It never occured to me over the two years of sharing the same year at school that we always had mutual friends, despite never actually got close enough to greet each other. But he's definitely close enough because he's just always there.

Like that time when I almost fell asleep in the library during the week prior to the finals, I woke up to find—yep you guessed it right—his face peering so close at me. His big double-lidded eye blinked so furiously, before he managed to shove several sheets of tissue into my hands after pointing to my apparently bleeding nose. There's also that other time when I tripped on the stairs and got my knees bleeding. He dashed out of nowhere to pick me up and brought me to the nurse room only to leave right away after handing me to the nurse like I was some kind of delivery to drop off. Also, don't forget that time when I accidentally cut my fingers with freaking papers when I have to bring out the freshly printed career-plan forms from the teacher's room to be handed out to the kids in my class. Kim freaking Mingyu nudged my shoulder when I was crouched down to collect the paper that was all strewn across the floor from me hurting myself, wordlessly handing me a band aid only to hastily leave again without ever saying anything.

He always showed up, and I mean always, whenever I got hurt. As if he knew, as if he could freaking smell my blood from miles away. Always wordlessly helping, and then just as wordlessly leaving, as if he couldn't help to help me, while being afraid of me at the same time. But why should he be anyway? It's not like I was holding something against him, or knowing something about him that I shouldn't, right?

So I just brushed them off as coincidences. Very freaky coincidences, but coincidence nonetheless.

But then I just had to accidentally heard him talk with his friends—who were also my friends because we used to be classmates at the first year—Soonyoung and Se

Please log in to read the full chapter