You’re My Penicillium

Blood of Flowers

They awoke in the forest by the werewolf campsite, the green smoke guiding Jimin to the laboratory where Hyuna was keeping the hybrids. It was hidden in the heart of the thick greenery. RM pulled out the key from his pocket and twisted it inside the lock on the door, pushing it open to reveal rows and rows of glass tanks that held monstrous creatures inside. They were albino werewolves, their sickly pale fur matted with sweat and their shocking red eyes filled with greed. Their fangs protruded from their mouths, foam dripping from their leathery lips. They looked rabid.

“This is what Hyuna has been creating?” Suga questioned, his voice heavy with disbelief and anger. “These are atrocious. They’re like the creations of Frankenstein; they’re wrong on so many levels.”

Jimin passed by each tank, a sad expression on his face. “They’re in so much pain,” he whispered. “I can hear their thoughts…Ugh…” his fingers shot up to his temples, clutching the sides of his head. “Uh, make it stop. Kill them. They’re an abomination. They don’t want to be alive. They’re suffering so much, but they can’t express their suffering. Hyuna truly is heartless to have created such poor things. She trains them to fight, to attack, to kill, to shed blood. They suffer because they’re always hungry. They starve for blood. No matter how much she feeds them, they want more. She made their hunger insatiable.”

“I’ll do it,” Joy announced. She stepped forward and grabbed the sword from J-Hope. “I’ll kill the hybrids. For Yeri.”

Jungkook stood bravely by his friend’s side. He could almost feel Yeri’s presence lingering among them there. “For Yeri,” he echoed.

Joy smashed open and pierced every tank with the sword, driving it through the hearts of the hybrids. Their wailing filled her ears, a sharp, hideous sound that reminded her of nails being dragged painfully across a chalkboard. When she was done, the corpses of the hybrids lay motionless in their individual tanks. She had put them out of their miserable existence. She had done it for Yeri. Slowly, her vengeance was being fulfilled.

“Do you feel her,” Jungkook whispered, his voice sounding broken. “She’s here. She’s watching over us. Feel her, Joy.”

Sobs racked Joy’s body as the sword fell from her hands and cluttered to the cold floor. “I can feel her, Jungkook. She’s here with us. She’s thankful, and she’s proud of us for doing the right thing.”

Jimin lowered to the floor where Joy was and wrapped his arms around her, shielding her from the sadness and evil of their world. “Shh. Everything’s alright now. I’m so proud of you, Joy. You’re the strongest person I know.” He wiped her tears away and kissed her, tasting the saltiness of her tears and her grief.

Joy wished she could disappear into Jimin’s embrace. He didn’t feel cold to her. He felt warm, like the sunlight back in the clearing of snow. He was a ray of pure light that broke through the darkness of her night.

“I love you,” she murmured in his ear.

“I love you, Joy.” Jimin kissed the top of her forehead and promised to never let her go.

 

 

With the hybrids destroyed, they had taken away the advantage of their enemies. When Hyuna discovered what had been done to her hybrid babies, she screamed in all her rage and trashed the entire laboratory, breaking everything until it was just a pile of crushed glass and dead memories. They doubted their luck of winning the war now, and the werewolves were divided by their ideas. iKon fled soon after learning the fate of the hybrids. They decided to start their new life on the other side of the world, far away from the threat of humans and vampires, going to a place where they could live their lives freely as werewolves, not bound by border lines and human laws.

As for Exo, Chanyeol was still determined to put an end to Hyuna. He had promised himself that he would do it for Yeri, and he wouldn’t back down, no matter what the outcome would turn out to be. He made his way over to Hyuna’s tent, holding a stake behind his back.

She was lying on the floor, her face a twisted mask of grief and pain. “Oh, my dear Chanyeol. Have you come here to end me at last?”

Chanyeol nodded, revealing the stake. There was no point in trying to hide it from her if she already knew what was coming. “Yes, Hyuna, that’s right. I’ve let you go on for far too long. You killed Yeri. You knew I loved her. She was mine!” He gritted his teeth together and took a deep breath to steady himself. “Her ghost still haunts me, seeking revenge, urging me to go after the ones who got her. I already killed some of them. Now at last, my hunt has come to an end. You’re my last kill.”

Hyuna laughed crazily. “Do it, then. Yeri! Are you here! Are you watching your boyfriend right now? He’s going to kill me!” she stumbled to her feet and pushed Chanyeol, provoking him. “That crazy won in the end, after all. But she’s still dead and you’re alive, living without her. Killing me won’t change the reality of your sad love.”

Chanyeol drove the stake inside the vampire, piercing right through her heart. Her face turned a sickly gray color, her lips becoming blue, her hair transforming to white before falling out completely. She collapsed to the floor in a pile of ashes.

“Yeri, you’re at peace now,” whispered Chanyeol, kissing the wolf charm bracelet on his wrist.

“Yes, I am, my love.” Yeri’s spirit appeared before him, showing him a bright smile. “Thank you for helping me get my justice. You, Joy, Jungkook, and the Bangtan clan have done so much for me. I really appreciate it, Chanyeol.”

“I miss you so much. I love you even more with each passing day. Yeri, please wait for me. I’ll come to you someday, at the end of my wandering spent in this world. I’ll join you, wherever you are.”

“Live your life to the fullest, Chanyeol. I am not gone. A part of me will always be with you. I’m the pink in your cheeks when you do something embarrassing. I am walking barefoot on the beach on a sunny day. I am the feeling of cashmere against your soft skin.” A single tear traced her cheek. “I am the sky coming to life at dawn. I’m pretty flowers clipped onto your hair. I’m fairy lights in a charming café.”

Chanyeol laughed through his sobs, happy but sad all at the same time. He felt the pain of losing her again, but this time it was bittersweet, and much more gentle upon the ruins of his heart. “You’re the only one, babe. You taught me love in this harsh world. You are my heaven.”

With one last kiss, Yeri moved on from the human world, but she would always remain in Chanyeol’s universe, hidden in the little things he saw and felt.

 

 

“Joy!” J-Hope shouted. “Someone’s here to see you!”

Joy and Jungkook had been invited to stay at the Bangtan mansion for as long as they liked, and Jimin hoped they would never leave. He enjoyed having them around; Joy was his love, and Jungkook had become his friend. He felt a strong instinct to protect not only Joy but Jungkook as well, especially after everything they had gone through together.

“Who could it be?” wondered Joy, as she climbed off Jimin’s bed and promised to return to him soon. She hurried downstairs and was greeted by Chanyeol in the living room.

“Chanyeol,” she stuttered. “Oh, Chanyeol, I don’t know what to say first. I’m really so-”

He swiftly closed the distance between them and hugged Joy. “It’s okay, Joy, don’t apologize for anything. You killed the hybrids for Yeri, and Baekhyun and I killed the members who betrayed her and caused her death. I also took down Hyuna.”

Joy hugged him back gently. “We’re all very grateful to have you, Chanyeol,” she said, pulling back a bit to study his expression. “Are you doing okay?”

“I said my final goodbye to Yeri after I killed Hyuna. She promised that a part of her will always be with me, wherever I go. She wants me to live my life to the fullest.” he gave a dark chuckle. “I’ll do my best, only for her. I’ll live for the both of us,” he said confidently.

Joy smiled at him and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. “Yeri was so lucky to be loved by you. You’ll always be my favorite werewolf, too.”

They laughed together and shared a hug one last time before Jungkook and the others came over to greet Chanyeol and express their thanks. The war was over, and everything could go back to normal at last. They sent Chanyeol off with big smiles and open hearts, even the vampires being fond of a werewolf like Chanyeol.

Joy leaned her head on Jimin's shoulder. "They had such a sad love story. It reminds me to make the most of every moment with you."

"I know," said Jimin softly, his fingertips gently caressing her shiny locks of black hair. "You're my penicillium, saving me, my angel, my world. I'm your Calico cat, here to see you."

His words made Joy giggle. He was such a romantic vampire. What did she even do to deserve someone as perfect as Jimin? 

None of them could feel it, but back in the Dream World, V was in the middle of a chaotic rampage. He demanded blood. The war outside their clan may have been won, but one war still raged on inside of the Bangtan clan, and it was heavy with the promise of bloodshed and destruction.