Finale Chapter

~I Will Show You~

Right after shinhye and yonghwa left the dumbfounded sungjae, shinhye hurriedly sit at the bench near the park. Her legs just feel like lost it energy. The sweat also drenching her forehead and she clenched her fist tightly. The confidence that glued on her face when she just met sungjae now changes into a worried and anxious expression. She just lean at her back and tightly shut her eyes, just can take a long of breath after holding it back then. 

“Are you okay, shinhye-ah?” 

Yonghwa worriedly sit at her side while caressing her back. Looking at her condition right now, he knows that the pain and scars that left in the deep of her heart still hunting and scaring her out. From the first time she asked him to help her out to take a challenge for herself, yonghwa strictly refused her crazy idea. He just thought that  whatever she will do is only make her more hurt, but, as a good friend, how can he just left the fragile young lady by herself. After all, he loves her, always support her, and only want to make her happy. If helping her will make her happy, he is willingly to do it. Even he still doubted it.

Opening her eyes, Shinhye straightly sit and facing the worried guy.

“Are these planning going to be a success one? Do you think sungjae will believe our act before? Will he think that I already moving on with him or will he-”

“I know you can do it. You’re the best when you’re trying to do something whole heartedly”

Yonghwa cutting shinhye’s word that only make him more worried and feel hopeless with her physically and mentally condition. Her eyes can tell everything. Even said the opposite, but her heart is still save the truth one. The fact if she is still deeply in love with him. But, the rock head like her never want to admit it, she just act to be a tough person when she just falling apart inside her heart.   

“Ah, geurae? So you think he already fall into our act? Ohhh.. It’s good then~” she lean her back to the bench again. “Thanks for your help yong… You just coming at the right time.. Gomawo chingu-ah” 

Yonghwa chuckle and only can let a big sigh. “It’s just nothing. But, I’m just hoping you’ll find your happiness back. And… I hope you’re surely fine right now, before, and later” he sincerely saying out his thought.

Shinhye just smile weakly and lean her back to the bench again, staring at the sky when they just sit at the bench under a cherry blossom tree. And it makes her recalling back how their first meeting was.

 

~~~~~ FLASHBACK ~~~~~

The sky was at the best condition ever. The sun was shining brightly, the clear deep blue sky drawing with the white cotton cloud was making it best scenery on shinhye’s eyes. She just finished all tasks that her mother had gave and sat at the bench near the park while leant her back with her tightly shut eyes. The fragrance of cherry blossom flower and the calm of breeze wind made her feel warm and relax with the shading from the tree above her that covered her from the sun light. 

“Ahh~ this is the best time ever. Very.. very nice” shinhye said to herself.

Still felt the warmness and calmness by her own, heard a thud like something just falling down to the ground, following by a groan of someone, sounds like a boy or a guy? Well, shinhye was not really sure. But, it was absolutely not a girly voice either. 

Shocked with the sound, shinhye hurriedly opened her eyes and looked at her back where she believed the place who someone just felt. And truly like what she just expected, she found a guy who caressed his poor and had the kite at his left hand.

“Umm.. Are- are you okay, boy?” shinhye cautiously asked. Well, he seems new for her, she had never seen him around here before, so, she just believed that he must be from other place not from her site town.

“Aigoo…” the boy that shinhye asked finally stood before her. But, the moment their eyes met, he suddenly jolted. He might be taken back when there was a girl staring at him with that one of her big eyes behind her wide sunglasses.

“You okay, right? Do you need some help or something?” 

Shinhye once again asked him. But, as the guy never gave her any answers but only stared back at her, so she just stood up from her seat and facing the guy. Well, after she just came near him, she finally could say that he is a big guy. His height is nothing compared with her tiny body.

“Oh?! Look!! Your hand is bleeding. It must because you just- Ahh, wait. Are you just fall down from the tree?” shinhye look at his other hand “Trying to get the kite?”

Again, no word from him. So she just tapped his arm, tried to make him back to reality. He seems drown to his deep thought.

“Ahh. Ndee?” he finally left out a word coming out from his mouth.

“Your.. your hand” shinhye pointed to the bleeding palm. 

The guy looked down to his hand and pulled it up. “Ouchhh.. Wow!” he groaned when he just finally could sense the pain from its bleeding place. Well, just when he stared at her before, nothing had he felt, no pain from his hand or his sprained arm.

“Umm.. Let me clean it up.. Please just take a seat at the bench”

 

Following her order, he found himself sat side by side under the shading of the cherry blossom tree with shinhye. Right after they managed to sit, shinhye pulled out a bottle of mineral and some tissue also bandage. Without a word, she started pouring his hand with the water and cleaned it with the tissue. She was trying to clean up the sand that might be stuck at the wound. She also put an ointment around the wound and covered it up with the bandage.      

“Okay.. it’s finish! Well, since your palm is such a big one, this little scar may not leave the scratch. But, you still need to give it antiseptic later, okay?” shinhye explained to the guy who stared at her with no word coming out from his mouth. Again. 

 “Umm.. Well-” shinhye found it awkward when he kept staring at her this close. Moreover, his deep stare made her unconsciously brighten up her red cheeks. Right, whoever not going blush had someone staring at you deeply, and look…. Lovingly. At least, that was what shinhye just fell right now.

“Sungjae.. Yook sungjae. That’s my name. Yours?” all out of sudden the guy spoke to her. 

“Eh?” shinhye confused. That’s the only one of her answer. She actually just asked him back for his question. But then, the necklace which rimmed her neck captured sungjae’s attention. And he softly blunt out the written name on its necklace. It’s written as shinhye and the initial of PSH.

“PSH ? Park Shinhye?” 

And this time, the one who was jolted is shinhye, how could possible he know her name, even without any word coming out from her. But, when she finally realized his line of vision, she immediately held her necklace. 

“Ah, I see. Well, my name is Park shinhye. You guessed it correctly” she calmly said and start to pack all her stuff. She also put her sunglasses to its case, put it all back inside her bag, ready to leave. But, without her notice, the moment she took off her sunglasses, sungjae stunned with her flawless bare face. He couldn’t expect if the girl before his eyes will look this breathtaking beautiful without the shade of her wide sunglasses. 

At that moment, the time felt like stopping for sungjae. All his focus back to shinhye who still busily packed her stuff, have no idea about the impact that she gave to him.

The wind breezed make some of shinhye’s hair blown itself, even she had high pony tail for her hair, there still some left hair that calmly brushing her cheeks. And this view is surely awe the young guy.

And because of the place where they just sat, the pink cherry blossom-leaf fall down, left its branch and one of them safely touched shinhye’s right cheek. Still not recognized about it, shinhye just finished packed her stuff and was facing the guy again.

This time, her big eyes could clearly seen by sungjae. He mesmerized with that, was not hearing the question that came out from her plum lips. Right the time shinhye was looking up at him, he unknowingly leant in to her, closely. Very close. His hand also moved by itself to her cheek. Took off the leaf from her face. As the result, in shinhye’s face appeared the tint of pink blush at her cheek. His manly and sweet gesture made shinhye shy, it’s the first time ever he felt some guy close up to her. 

“Well, even this pink color of cherry blossom flower can’t compare to your beautiful pink blush cheeks. Yet you look so cute” he sincerely said his thought loudly.

Couldn’t take its awkward feeling yet she felt tickle on her stomach, shinhye hurriedly bid her goodbye. Leaving the guy who was smiled lovingly at her back view that slowly disappeared from his sight. 

~~~~~ END of FLASHBACK ~~~~~

 

“Shinhye-ah.. Kyaa!! Park shinhye!!!” that loud yelling from yonghwa snapped her back from her daydreaming.

“Aisshh.. Why must you screaming?” she annoyingly shrug him off. 

“Woaah?! Right at the bright day you already in your dreamland? Daydreaming about sungjae right?”

“w-wh-what are you talking about. I’m not daydreaming. Moreover if it’s sungjae” she choose to lie since she can’t let him know her deep bottom heart feeling.

“Well, for almost ten minutes you are smiling like mad by yourself. You just left me speak alone just when you right beside me like an idiot!! If not because of sungjae, that silly smile will never appear at your face. You know?”

“What a joke is it? I’m not daydreaming about our first meeting, okay? I’ definitely am not.. I just-”

“Gotcha! So, you’re just daydreaming about your first meeting. Is here the place?”

Knowing herself just get caught, shinhye standing up from her seat, have no dare to facing yonghwa again.

“Kyaa!! Where do you want to go?” panic with her sudden gesture, yonghwa also standing up from his seat. 

“Aren’t we going to hold an event for the children this afternoon? I just need to prepare all stuff with eomma, I go first!” she answered without facing him, and right after that, she hurriedly leave yonghwa.

Watching this all childish and her antics habit, yonghwa only can chuckle and following her right after. But, as he just took the first step, sungjae suddenly appear before him. Opposite with him that give a warm smile, sungjae just give him a weak smile while slowly taking step by step near him, looks nervous yet fearless.

“Uhmm.. Excuse me, Jung yonghwwa-ssi. You’re shinhye’s noona best friend right?” he cautiously ask the guy.

“Yup.. And you must be sungjae the one that broke shinhye’s heart” all of sudden his expression and voice becoming serious. The look in his eyes also can explain his anger that must be hold by him before it burst out uncontrollably. 

With those change attitude, all out of sudden the brave thought of him to approach yonghwa disappear as he looks more nervous than before “Well, I’m just.. You know.. She.. and me..” he doesn’t know what to say and how to react since it’s his first time ever meet this cool guy. 

“So?” yonghwa ask him back.

“Well, I just want to ask your help-”

“Help? What help?”

“Umm.. Help.. help for.. for.. umm..” 

Still doesn’t know what to tell first, sungjae found his self stutter while cautiously examining his unexpressive face. But, when he just can’t continue his word and after thinking about one and other decision, sungjae just pass it. He just can’t tell it out yet, if he still doesn’t sure about their (yonghwa-shinhye) actual relationship. And if he just push at the wrong button, his chance to make up with shinhye will vanish. 

“Ahh, aniya.. There’s nothing. Sorry for taking your precious time. Kamsahamnida” sungjae bow respectfully toward him and turning start to leave before..

“I’m not her boyfriend. Our relationship only state as bestfriend. No more, no less. But, we know, we always love each other just like how you have family” yonghwa bluntly saying like can read sungjae’s mind.

“Ndee?”

“If you really are in love with her, you must try to win her heart back” the word that coming out from yonghwa mouth success make sungjae turning back to facing the smiling guy.

“She still loves you. She just too scared to admit it. Even her looks is a mature lady, but deep in her heart, she is still an innocent young lady who still learning about love. So, remember, after I let you get this 2nd chance, you must promise me that you’ll not let a single tears drop down from her eyes, you got it?”  

“Ah- Ndee” 

“Good. Then, come to the orphanage this afternoon because we’re holding an event for the children. And shinhye, will be there” yonghwa tapping the young guy and leave him behind.

“Khamsahamnida yonghwa-ssi” sungjae shout.

“Hyung is okay” he wave at him. 

“Nee.. Gomawo yonghwa-hyung” he excitedly back to his house, preparing a plan for the mission. Mission to win shinhye’s heart back.

 

Afternoon at the Orphanage

Right before the time tick to 5 p.m, shinhye and her mother come to the orphanage bringing so many food and gift for the children. As shinhye canceled the event due the unexpected accident she got these few days ago, now she volunteering a new event which is still same theme about celebrating this spring season.

All the food which cooked by shinhye and mother is perfectly fit for this season, neatly arranged on the table at the yard of orphanage. The cute flowery cookies which baked by shinhye also not forget to bring up. As shinhye arrange the flowers to the vases, a slide projector near the wall of orphanage caught shinhye’s attention. From what she planned, there’s no idea about watching together this afternoon. Soon, after she see one of nanny from the orphanage, she called her.

“Hei, shinhye-ah. Why are you calling me?” the old-middle age woman ask.

“Ne, ahjumma.. Why is there a slide projector there? Is there another event will hold after ours?”

“Umm.. I’m not really sure, but I just heard there is a young guy who asked Mr. Kim to prepare that. Wae?”

“Ahh~ Geurae.. Aniya.. I just wondering. Come on ahjumma, let’s prepare the drinks now”

Without asking more, shinhye just drag the old middle-age woman to the kitchen to help her make some juice. Since shinhye already knows all the people at this orphanage, she feels all people in this orphanage as part of her own family. So, she never felt awkward nor shame to be closer to them. 

After the all food and drink ready, the event start at 6 p.m with yonghwa playing his acoustic guitar with the song of twinkle little star and 3 bears for the children. He also playing one of his song which he personally composed as the song for all children these last few days. All people at that place really enjoying his performance. And after finish, they all start digging the food excitedly.

“Woaah~ This cute cookies is taste yummy. Are you made it, shinhye eonnie?” one of girl beside shinhye ask her.

“Really? You like it? Ohh~ How happy to hear someone enjoying my food”

Shinhye caressing the girl hair and getting a cute giggle from the little girl which name is so won. The 5  y/o girl who lost her both parents and grandparents last year. Since her relatives have no intention to adopt her, Mrs. Kim brought her to the orphanage 3 months ago. But, as she is such a humble and kind girl, she can manage to adapt with other children and easily close to shinhye. And now, she is one of shinhye’s favorite girls at the orphanage. 

“Umm, noona, you look more beautiful these days. You changed and now you truly look like an angel with that white dress” 

Another boy who is sitting across shinhye praised. This little boy is one of the boys who have crush with shinhye. His name is seung ho, 4 years older than so won. He also confessed to her that he is going to marry her later since the first time ever he saw her. 

Well, he has been at the orphanage for almost 2 years that actually know the fact about shinhye’s boyfriend. When the first time he saw shinhye bringing a guy to the orphanage and introduced himself as her boyfriend, he got angry and mad with both of shinhye and sungjae. But, as the time passed he learnt to know that shinhye will impossible be his wife and he let the guy promise to make shinhye happy. Due to that condition, he just getting close with sungjae and always becomes his buddy whenever and wherever. 

“But, noona.. Where’s sungjae hyung? Why doesn’t he come to the event also? Aren’t you two holding this event together?” seungho ask after can’t find him at the yard.

“Umm.. That’s.. He is..” shinhye doesn’t know to explain. The reason of the question is still being secret for only her, yonghwa, sungjae, and her brother. She just can’t say it to the other, at least yet, since she isn’t ready to do so. Moreover, her mother who is sit not too far from her also hearing their conversation and she just staring at her waiting for the answer. She just can’t imagine what will her reaction if know about their actual condition.

“Oh.. That’s him” suddenly seungho pointing to shinhye’s back. And the shock yet confuse shinhye only gasp when see recognize the outfit wears by sungjae who just standing at the gate. 

“Talk to him. He need to explain something to you” suddenly yonghwa tapping shinhye shoulder as he is already standing right after her.

“But-”

“Just go.. Everything will be alright” yonghwa assure her.

Without any other choice, shinhye stand up from her seat and step by step coming closer to sungjae. As the familiar manly scent fill through her nose, she can’t help to choke up as she recalling back the moment when she saw the heartbroken scene. But, the stubbornness of her doesn’t let the tears slip away from it eyes and she just hardly holding back the tears. She just can’t let her all breaking down which she believe can make her look more terrible. At least not when she just have to facing sungjae.

“Shinhye noona..”  the more closer shinhye go near him, more longing he with her. He even had to refrain himself for not taking her in his embrace right here, right now. 

“What do you think you’re doing in here?” first time ever shinhye speak coldly toward him. The scary glare from her truly make sungjae have no idea where is the lovable shinhye he has known.

“I.. I just want to celebrate this spring season with the kids. After all, it’s our planning, right? We already-”

“Stop with your all nonsense. Tchh” she chuckle “There’s no our anymore from the day you were flirting with other girl. Just go to your chick and have fun by yourself” 

After that, shinhye turning back and want to leave him. But, with his plead tone, sungjae calling her name and tightly holding her arm. It’s good that they’re far enough from the other, cause if not, whoever can see the tears start streaming down to her cheeks when she heard his hopeless pleading. 

“Please noona, you need to listen my explanation.. It’s not-”

“Back off, boy” shinhye forcefully release his grip from her and quickly take step leaving him alone. 

On 1st step she take, sungjae call her, she have no dare to turning back. 2nd step sungjae plead her, she keep walking and more fast. But as she start to running, sungjae yelling the truth to her.

“DON’T YOU KNOW IF THAT DAY IS MY BIRTHDAY?!” by that, shinhye stopping her step. She froze on her place. Recalling back at the time, she forgot about that. Even now, she just realize if this spring season also the month of sungjae’s special day. 

“Don’t you know if I just planning a surprise event for you though it’s you who need to do that on the other way?” sungjae slowly come before her. “Don’t you know that I only got the painful and heartbreaking moment as a gift at my special day? Don’t you know it, noona? Do you?” 

As sungjae already right behind her, playing a video of every single work shinhye has done from the start she have sungjae as her boyfriend at the slide projector that shinhye just noticed before. It showing shinhye doing arrangement of pink and white rose combined with beautiful lily flower. The moment shinhye baked cookies, gave the flower and cookies to the kids, the laughter of her when she just went to amusement park with sungjae, the especial moment when sungjae singing at stage in the café while only staring at her all the time. Also the picture of tree and bench where the place of their first met and the note with sungjae sound at the video. 

“Shinnie-ah, I know if you think that our first met just when you found me falling down from the tree and you’re treating my wound with your lovely and kind heart. But, truthfully the first time ever I saw you when you bravely helping me got my kite which stuck at that cherry blossom tree when I was just 8 years old little boy. As a cute and beautiful girl you looked like a cry baby and such a princess girl. But, the way you act and the way you spoke is not like what I’ve just thought. Cause you surely is a cheerful and kind, also cool tomboyish girl. And just like that, I’ve fallen in love at the first sight with you. Saranghae, park shinhye” 

The video end, all people at the orphanage cheerfully clapped for them. And shinhye just can let the tears nonstop flowing down from her eyes. As sungjae hold her and turn her back facing him, unexpectedly shinhye hug sungjae and tightly holding his waist. Of course, this is shocking him, but as shinhye continue crying on her chest, the smile slowly lift up on his handsome face.

“Mianhae sungjae-ah.. Cheongmal mianhae” shinhye apologize between her sob. And sungjae chuckle looking at her antics and childish side he missed.  

“Anything for you my lovely” he caressing the girl hair and kiss the top of her head with full of love “You surely is over heels on me, shinnie-ah.. saranghae” he hug her back.

~~~ THE END ~~~


YEEEEEEAAAYYY !!! It's FINISH!!! 

At last i make the both OTP back togehter again. Well, at first i have ever thought to end up this story as a sad ending. But, since one of my friend suggest me to end it with Happy ending, then here it is.. 

What do you think about this story guys? Since it's the first time ever i have Sungjae-Shinhye couple as the main character, i still nervous and anxious about your reaction. So, et me know it by your commant.. 

Thank you Guys!!!

Stay healthy and Have a Nice Day DeSky21