A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

You're my Muse

Hoseok and Hyunwoo had a week left until the end of their trip where they would then return home. And it was within that week that Kihyun had managed to track down the original source that the poems came from, the place where he saw them having not linked the source properly. He scrolled through the blog to make sure it was the right one and after confirming that it was, began to look for some way of contacting the writer. 

He noticed that the writer of the blog had made a post about his phone being temporarily out of service after having apparently spilled coffee on it and not being able to save it despite his attempts. Kihyun felt bad for the guy, knowing how much of a pain that could be at times but continued reading. When he got to the end of the post, there was an email he could contact. It wasn't that of the writer himself, but instead his best friend, something about his friend being much more likely to remember to check his email then he was. 

He laughed to himself at the quirkiness of the writer, thinking to himself that's exactly the type of person Hoseok would fall for as he started typing up the email.

******

To say Minhyuk was surprised to see an email in his inbox with the subject "Regarding Muses and Meetups" would be an understatement. He figured it had something to do with Hyungwon, as he had recently lent out his email adress to the tall male for business purposes. 

Now, normally he doesn't read messages adressed to Hyungwon as it was none of his business but Hyungwon was currently busy preparing dinner and something about the subject line begged him to open it. So he did exactly that.

Upon reading it he realized just what the sender was talking about and hollered for Hyungwon to drop everything and come over to him. Hyungwon rushed out of the kitchen in a frenzy, wondering what the hell was going on and he almost considered kicking Minhyuk out when he saw it was just an email. He didn't get the chance to consider that for long though as he was roughly pulled down onto the couch, laptop being shoved into his hands by a now ecstatic Minhyuk.
Hyungwon read through the entrie email, in wide eyed disbelief that this could be actually be happening right now. It wasn't until he saw the attached photo of the nameless man at the bottom did reality finally set in.

"Holy ! Oh my god Minhyuk do you see this?!" He exclaimed as he pushed the laptop onto the cushion to joing Minhyuk in his celebration.

"Of course I saw it man! This is insane! When I said you should meet him, I honestly didn't think this would actually happen."

"Neither did I but oh my god that's him! Well...the picture is, not the person who sent the email, that's his friend, but still!"

Hyungwon eventually calmed down enough to respond to the email. He quickly typed up a response, confirming that, yes, next week at the cafe would be great.

******

Hoseok was beyond thrilled to find out that Kihyun had managed to track down the handsome boy and set up a time to meet him. Now all he had to do was find a decent outfit to wear because he was not about to look like a slob in front of the model-esque male.

...And convince Hyunwoo to tag along for moral support.

******

The day came for them to finally meet and Hyungwon was more nervous than he'd ever been in his life, including that time he had to take over the lead role in a school play when the lead actor fell ill two days before the show. Yeah that could have gone horribly.

He arrived at the cafe that afternoon with Minhyuk in tow.

"Are you sure he's going to recognize me? I mean, my hair's a completely different color now." Hyungwon fretted, fidgeting with the hem of his beige turtleneck. Anxiety. He shifted his notebook from one hand to the other. He had brought it with him just in case he got inspired while waiting for the other man to show up.

"Yes, I'm sure. You've got a very recognizable face, even from a distance. Just calm down, okay? You'll be fine."

Hyunwon was about to argue when Minhyuk started smacking his arm lightly and pointed at two people down the street walking towards them. The two men stopped in front of them and greeted Hyungwon and Minhyuk in a pleasant tone. 

Hoseok made an offhanded comment, mostly to himself that the other male's hair was a different colour now.

Hyungwon had heard and responded by telling him that the blonde was his friend's idea but that getting it treated was interfering with his schedule too much so he had decided to let it grow out. Hoseok nodded silently, the other's answer making perfect sense to him.

The four males walked into the cafe, splitting up into two tables. Hyungwon and Hoseok at one and Minhyuk and Hyunwoo quietly observing from another. Hoseok pulled out a chair for Hyungwon to sit to which he got a flustered thank you in response. They ordered their drinks. Hoseok ordering his usual cinnamon latte and Hyungwon opting for a caramel machiatto.

"So, I suppose we should start by learning each other names?" Hyungwon suggested shyly.

"I'm Hoseok. It's nice to finally meet you." He said with a small smile.

"Hyungwon. Pleased to meet you too." was the gentle response from the taller male.

The two started to chat about small things and asked about each other's lives like what they do outside of their work, if anything. They realized that they only lived about 20 minutes away from each other and agreed how strange it was that they hadn't seen each other more often. Hoseok said he travels quite a bit, which might have been a factor and Hyungwon responded by adding that he had a tendecy to stay inside, admittedly more often than is probably healthy which might have also contributed to never seeing each other.

A brief silence fell over the two as their drinks arrived and they stopped talking to take a few sips. Click. Hoseok snapped a quick picture of the foam art in his drink. Hyungwon watched with a small curl to his lip, finding the situation all too familiar but entirely new at the same time. 

"You're a wonderful writer Hyungwon. And not just the ones about me", Hoseok blushed as he said that, still not quite used to the fact that for once he was someone else's muse, "they're all lovely. You have a way with words that is truly inspiring. I'm envious." 

"Thank you Hoseok, that's really kind of you to say. I must admit though, I was in quite a slump recently, not being able to find any of the right words, until Minhyuk", he pointed to his blonde friend who waved enthusiasticly, much to Hyunwoo's amusement, "showed me your photography. Your work connected with me on a level I wasn't even sure was possible. Everything about the series were things that I loved." Hyungwon said, a joyful lilt to his voice.

"I'm honestly amazed how everything that reminded you of me, was actually very accurate to my personality. It's mind boggling." He added with another sip of his drink. "How'd you manage to do that?"

Hoseok scratched the back of his head, incredibly flattered at the compliment. "Honestly, I couldn't tell you because even I'm not quite sure." He said modestly.
Hyungwon chuckled and nodded. He guessed some things just didn't have explanations.

Another silence blanketed them as they drank. It didn't last long though because soon enough Hyungwon was speaking again.

"Charming. Quiet charisma. A subtle softness."

"Hmm?" Hoseok tilted his head in confusion at what seemed like a random assortment of words.

Hyungwon breathed a quiet laugh as he explained himself. "Those are some of the things I thought when I first saw you."

Hosek nodded in understanding. "And now that we've met? What do you think now?" Hoseok asked softly.

"Now?" A dozen different words were buzzing in Hyungwon's head as he looked at the man sitting in front of him and he tried to pick the best ones. But before he could stop himself, he said the first words that came to mind. "I think you're my type."

Hoseok smiled widely as an irrepressable laugh escaped his body. It was loud and deeper then Hyungwon's. Exuberant. He could easily see himself falling for the other's laugh alone.

"How cute!" Hoseok's words were muffled by his giggles but Hyungwon was still able to make out what he said. When Hyungwon realized what he had said to garner such a reaction, his hand immediately flew up to cover his mouth, letting out an embarassed chuckle. Click. Hoseok cut Hyungwon's embarassment short as he took a picture of the bespectacled male with his polaroid camera. He removed the film from the top of the camera and shook it gently until the picture showed. Grabbing the pen that was sitting atop Hyungwon's notebook, he quickly scrawled two words onto the white section at the bottom of the photo.

Hoseok smiled sweetly as he slid the photo across the table. "MY type." He said, referring to the younger male.

Hyungwon picked up the photograph and blushed a deeper shade of pink than he was already sporting in the picture. He thought to himself how pleasant it was having the shorter male around despite having only met him 20 minutes ago and decided to do something he wasn't particularly used to.

"How about I tell you some of the other words I was going to say about you, before I embarassed myself," he smiled, "on a date?" He asked, raising a hopeful brow in question.

Hoseok responded with a cheeky grin. "I thought this was a date?"

Smooth. Hyungwon who was previously smiling, nodded his head before taking a sip of his sweetened drink, trying to quell the butterflies in his stomach. He rolled his eyes slightly but replied without missing a beat. "How about a second date then?" 

"I would like that." Hoseok answered, smiled, the corners of his lips pulling upwards resembling a cat. Enticing

Click. 

This time it was Hyungwon sliding a picture across the table with a grin. 

******

After dating for a few weeks, both men slowly started to incorporate each other more and more into their well known series. Hyungwon started writing more detailed poems that focused on the the older male's personality as opposed to his appearance. Whereas, Hoseok started slipping in photos of Hyungwon and his hands interlocked and pictures of the younger's work setup in the living room, clutter and all. 

It didn't take long for those that followed their series, as well as their friends on social media, to get understandably curious, posting all sorts of comments and messages asking about it.

"You're writing's gotten so much more descriptive. It's almost like you know him better then before."

"Is that someone else's house? Why are there two pairs of shoes?"

"Did you finally meet him?!"

They both laughed when they showed each other some of the newest comments and decided to string people along for a short while longer. Mischievous. Hyungwon updated his blog with a poem titled "Fate has a way of bringing people together" and Hoseok took a picture of the back of his boyfriend's head, making sure to frame it properly so he could capture the aforementioned poem on the screen in front of him. The caption read: "A scene from the romance novel called My Life"

They waited a few days to see the feedback and it was exactly as they expected it to be. Excitement and overwhelming desire for answers. 

Hoseok finally updated his series with a new poem entitled "My Love".

My love is something that cannot be accurately described in words. But as a lover of words, I will give it my best effort. Effort is something that is required from both sides as a relationship is not a straight line with arrows to guide us. Rather, it is a winding road with many speed bumps we must ease our way over. At ease is how I feel when we're together at 6 am on Sunday, wrapped in the comforter as the sun peaks through the window and bids us good morning. Mornings can be hard sometimes. There are days where I won't want to get up and face the day and I'll be in a bad mood. He notices when this happens and he leaves me to my own devices because he knows, although being together is great, everyone needs a little space. What once was my space and his space eventually became our space when we made the decision to invite one another into our lives. Life is full of love that makes itself known in hundreds of different ways in the time frame of a single day. Love is something I hold dear to my heart. 
And my heart has become a home for my sweetest love.
My Hoseok.

Hyungwon showed his lover the poem, complete with the same picture of his smiling face that Kihyun sent in the email that started it all. He felt pride swell in his chest when the other told him that it was as beautiful as the person who wrote it. Hyungwon blushed and hit the post entry button and placed the laptop aside to cuddle up to Hoseok's side.

Hoseok grabbed his camera, ready to update his series as well as his social media as many of his friends, Kihyun specifically, were still nagging him to upload a picture of the mysterious lover. He scrolled through the filters and settings until he selected the ones that would give a vintage look to it and told Hyungwon to get ready.

Click. 

Hoseok turned just as he pressed the button and planted his lips lightly on his lover's cheek. Hyungwon was surprised but his smile didn't falter. They looked at the photograph, another cherished memory captured, and Hoseok took note of the pink hue once again dusting Hyungwon's face. He put the camera on the table, loving gaze shifting to lock with Hyungwon's and smiled brightly before capturing his lips in a tender kiss.

Perfect.


And that's the final chapter. I hope it was cute enough whilst still remaining in character. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed!