Chapter 1

Overdose

//////////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Author’s note:

Heya, guys! So, I wanted an EXO x BTS ship and I came up with this… Sorry? XD I thought Baek’s hyper nature and Suga’s kinda grumpy and lazy one would funnily combine… Welp, we shall see! Hope you enjoy! Also this starts at 2014 MAMA, but I don’t know the presentation order or what each group did, so please be patient with any incoherence concerning this… (wa~ too polite…)

 

////////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

 

In the music industry, it’s not uncommon for idols to know their “rivals”, in other words, other groups that compete with yours. Not that the idols held any hostility to one another, but due to lack of interactions between different groups, especially when they are from different companies, idols don’t really know much about each other unless they’re in the same group. Their busy schedule doesn’t help either, idols have no time to keep looking at each other’s profile. But that doesn’t mean they don’t have any kind of interest for each other.

 

BTS and EXO are two of the most popular group in the k-pop industry. EXO, having debuted in 2012, had already an enormous amount of fans. As for BTS, they debuted in 2013, but the number of fans rapidly grew. So, it’s not surprising that their presentations were one of the most waited and everyone was excited to see their performances.

 

EXO went up first. As the members got to stage and everyone clapped, Suga looked at each member. They looked nervous, of course, who wouldn’t be? EXO had been nominated for 5 prizes, even Suga could sense their nervousness.

“Whatever… I’m tired… How long will this take?” He thought.

 

Suddenly, Overdose’s intro started playing. Suga had heard an mp3 version of it before, quite nice, but not really his style. The members rapidly organized themselves and formed a pyramid. ”That’s actually quite cool” Suga thought, raising his eyebrows. The members start clapping and after some moments, a member starts signing. Focusing on the member’s face, Suga managed to recognize him, it was Baekhyun, one of the vocals.

“I drew you in closer with all I had, now I can’t turn back” Baekhyun lip synced, his body movements fluid, but strong at the same time.

  

“Oh, he also dances quite well” Suga thought, impressed.

 

“Fatal fantasy~ I’m drunk with ecstasy” Baek sang again, a smirk on his face as he looked at Suga.

 

Suga’s first reaction was to frown in confusion, but then he thought “Must’ve been an accident, these things happen after all.” and with that he brushed the confusion away.

 

After some other performances, it was BTS’ turn. Ready to enter the stage, Suga looked around the audience from the backstage, quickly spotting many other groups like Big Bang, Infinite and EXO.

 

Back to their table, EXO waited excited for BTS’ performance. They debuted a year after them, but they were definitely very good.

 

“Hey, Baek, during Overdose you looked at that guy, didn’t you?” Chen said, smirking deviously.

“Uh? You mean Suga? Huhu… Yeah~” Baek confirmed, chuckling mischievously.

“Interested on him?” Chen asked, anxious for some interesting something to make life a bit funnier.

“Kinda. I just wanted to see his reaction, really. He seemed kinda bored, so why not teasing him a bit?” Baek said, faking an innocent smile.

“Wa~ Why do you have to be like that, Baekkie~ Just try not to seduce him!” Chen joked, laughing.

“Well, I can’t promise” Baekhyun said, smiling as he turned his back to a now very concerned Chen.

 

Just as they stopped talking, BTS’ entered the stage, as Boy In Luv’s intro played. Baekhyun kept an eye on Suga. He wasn’t the best dancer, but surely had some groove. After some time, Suga got separated from the rest and started his rapping.

“A bad girl on the outside, an even worse girl on the inside.” Suga rapped, his movements very strong and bad-boy-like, really different from EXO’ performance style, Baekhyun thought.

 

“If you lose a guy like me, you’ll regret” this time, it was Suga’s turn to look at Baekhyun as he rapped those words.

 

“The boy has some guts, uh?” Chen said, smirking.

“Hm…” Baekhyun hummed, nodding. His light blush unnoticed by Chen.

 

After the program was over, all idols were packing their things from the backstage. As EXO went to their vans, they passed BTS, who were getting their clothes. Passing by Suga, Baekhyun whispered.

 

“Good performance today.” resting his hand on Suga’s shoulder, but rapidly taking it back.  

“Thank you” Suga thanked, expressionless, barely looking at Baehyun.

 

Already in the van, Chen poked Baekhyun’s sides.

 

“Eh?! What are you doing, JongDae?~” Baek complained, pouting a bit.

“Looks like someone got ignored~” Chan teased, smiling.

“He didn’t ignore me!”  Baek protested in vain.

“Uh, of course, huhu” Chen said, sarcastically.

“You’ll see, I’ll get his attention” Bakhyun said, determined.