Chapter 2

Flower Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Days after his interaction with Jae, Jackson's condition worsened significantly and he began to cough out more and mote flower petals each day, to the point where his coughing escalated to be considered vomiting. Those incidents often occured during work or when they were in the JYP building, so he and Jae began to assume that maybe the girl Jackson liked was someone he often came across, and went as far as to assume that the one Jackson liked was one of his group's stylists but had that crossed out shortly after, when Jackson tried to see what he could possibly romantically see in any one of their stylists.

 It wasn't until a few weeks later, during a photoshoot when any one of the Got7 members began to suspect anything with the Hong Kong native. It was during Mark and Jinyoung's photoshoot session, when all the solo shots were done and everyone was just waiting for the two to finish so that they could get on with the group shots. Jackson as just watching the two shift from pose to pose when he felt something heavy in his chest, but before he could contemplate on it, he felt the sensation of petals rising from his throat that he had grown accustomed to. He ran to their dressing room where he knew no one was and swiftly took a brown paper bag he had begun to bring every day out of habit and let himself go, passively allowing the petals to go from his mouth and into the bag. That was when Jaebum, ever the worrisome leader, became suspicious of Jackson, noticing the younger's secretive disappearances and behavior, specially whenever they had group schedules. 

 Later that day, Jaebum resorted to asking Mark about his concern but the latter had merely apologized, saying he hadn't noticed anything and promised to pay better attention to Jackson starting from that day.

 

 

 "Hey guys, what's up? We brought drinks!" Brian, or Young K, said as he entered Got7's dorm, followed by the other Day6 members.

It had been a few days since Got7’s photoshoot, and they didn’t have any schedules for the rest of the week, so they decided to invite their friends to their dorm on a day they were free. The male JYP idols had a traditional monthly gathering, where they’d all relax and let loose, usually in one of the group’s dorms, or someone’s house. They often did it in 2PM Junsu’s house, but the senior idols were currently promoting in Japan, so they were left with two choices; Got7’s dorm, or Day6’s dorm. To them, the obvious decision was Got7’s, because they were privileged with more a more spacious dorm, which made it easier for everyone to fit in.

As soon as all twelve men had made themselves comfortable, everyone started speaking all at the same time, having conversations with whoever they were closest to. On the surface, everything seemed normal, but that was where it ended, on the surface. Everyone knew better than to believe everything was fine, not when they were conscious of the fact that there was one person missing from their group, not when their seniors were in a different country promoting despite nearing their enlistment, and definitely not when the two group’s most boisterous members were stuck together like glue, quietly conversing in a corner. But they all decided it was best to put all those aside and enjoy themselves, because this only happened once a month, and besides, it was still only late afternoon. They had plenty of time to worry later.

It was nearing the later part of the night, and while everyone began to become boisterous and particularly wild, the two unusually silent members personally volunteered to fetch beers and colas from the kitchen. Jae was practically dragging Jackson to walk faster to the kitchen.

“Okay, we cannot have this conversation with everyone there. Jackson, it’s been weeks, and you still haven’t realized who you’re in love with, as strange as that sounds. Don’t you think we should, maybe, consider the possibility of you being into guys?”

Jackson laughed, passing Jae’s suggestion off as a joke. “Dude, I’m pretty sure I’m straight. I’ve only ever dated girls; I’ve only ever looked at girls.”

“Maybe you’re bi?”

“And who would I be bi for?”

Jae busied himself with taking drinks out of the fridge, practically putting his head inside it, before mumbling out a barely audible “I don’t know… Mark?”

“What? What the hell even made you consider that?” Jackson walked to close the fridge door, preventing Jae from hiding his face.

“The whole time we were outside, you kept looking at him, man! I saw the way you’d glance at him, and you aren’t even conscious of what you’re doing! You sure you’re only into girls? Because I don’t think so, cause the way you looked at him definitely stated otherwise. I get you’re probably taking your time to even realize it, but I’m just looking out for you. Your illness is not a joke. I don’t know if you’ve realized it, but you’ve barely started and your condition’s already pretty bad.”

Jackson was about to retaliate when Jaebum entered the kitchen.

“Hi, sorry, but I was just going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter