Chapter 3

Flower Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Three days. That was the number of days that Jackson had only a single white daffodil petal, along with the other lone petal from when he had coughed up a sink full of pink flower petals he had yet to identify. If it wasn't for the fact that he didn't believe in Chinese superstitions, he probably would be scared now, but to him, there really was nothing to be afraid of. For the past four days, he had been having a great time, relaxed, without a worry about his illness, almost forgetting about it, even, but having the daily reminder in the form of that one lone petal. 

It piqued Jackson's interest really. Why was there suddenly such scarcity in the flowers when just a few days prior, he had been choking on so many  pink flower petals? 

Finished with most of their schedules for the week, the Got7 members went to the JYP building to practice their choreography for a few more times before their last performance the next day before their hiatus. As soon as their leader called it a day, everyone dropped to the ground from exhaustion, taking a break before they were to start packing up. Moving to a corner of the room against the wall mirror, Jackson boredly searched up 'pink flowers' to see what kind of flower it was that he had a few days ago. Maybe then he'd be less confused with his condition. It's not that Jae wasn't helping him out, because he was, it was just that Jackson didn't want to have to rely on his hyung so often and have to ask him about every little thing that may happen to him in the future. 

Coming across a site with photos of the flowers and their respective meanings, he began scrolling down in search for thin, pink, and round petaled flowers. It didn't take long before he found it, and when he did, he wasn't so surprised with the definition that he saw. Longing. Ever since Jae had mentioned it, he became more conscious of himself and would often find his own eyes following after his roommate, and since his most recent episode, had been feeling even stronger emotions for the elder. Longing, Jackson agreed, was indeed an accurate representation of what he had been feeling for the past while.  

The blond Hong Kong native pocketed his phone and stood up to leave the room, telling Yugyeom, the person closest to him, that he was going to hang out at the building's rooftop, and that they could leave for the dorm without him.

Yugyeom nodded and gave the elder a thumbs up before going back to what he was doing previously.

Reaching for the door to the rooftop after climbing several flights of stairs, Jackson closed his eyes and hoped that no one was outside, and gave out a sigh of relief when there wasn't.

"So, mind telling me why you're here?" a voice from behind him asked.

Jackson flinched and jumped, turning around at the familiar voice, and giving out a stiff smile. "JB! Were you behind me the whole time?"

"Yep," Jaebum pocketed his hands and walked past the other out to the rooftop, resting his elbows on the railings.

Jackson followed after him, curious on as to why the leader had followed after him. For a moment, he just stared at the other as he looked up to the sky. With the wind gently blowing at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter