Chapter 1

Flower Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I swear to god someone's putting them in my drinks," Jackson said as he discreetly removed two pieces of flower petals out of his mouth and discading it into a piece of tissue.

As much as Jackson would have liked to freely rant to his friend about his recent concern, he couldn't because they wee at a public café and couldn't risk other people listening in to their private conversation. Jae took a quick sip of his coffee before sighing and asking Jackson what the problem was.

"The problem? The problem is that someone keeps putting white flower petals in my drinks. This is the fourth time this has happened in two weeks! I bet Bambam's up to this!"

Jae's initially calm demeanor paled significantly and, avoiding Jakcson's eyes, glanced at the discarded wad of tissue and noticed a flower petal he was familiar with, perhaps a little too familiar that he didn't want to look at it again. Not wanting to reminisce about the said flower petal, he shifts his gaze to nowhere in particular.  "I don't think that's a prank, Jackson. I-- I think you have the hanahaki disease."

"The what?" the younger laughed.

"Hanahaki disease, Jackson." Jae's face and tone of voice lost all humour as he slowly shifted his gaze to his friend. "This isn't a joke. Do you have any idea what the hanahaki disease is?"

Jackson refused to take the Day6 member seriously but decided to humour him. "Nope, but does it have anything to do with flowers? With it being Hanahaki and all."

Jae leaned across the table closer to Jackson and whispered to his ear, almost pleadingly. "Dude, please, this is serious. Hanahaki is a really rare disease, and if you don't get it fixed, it could seriously harm your health."

Jackson gave out a hollow laugh before standing up to leave, insulted by what sounded like an idiotic attempt to fool him. 

"Seriously, your acting workshop's done you good, but just cause I'm carefree doesn't mean I'm ignorant. Don't take me for an idiot. I've never felt so insulted in my life. I'm gonna head out first. I'm not in the mood to deal with your crap right now." and in the blink of an eye, Jackson was out of the café.

It took a moment for everything to process in Jae's head, but when it did, he ran after Jackson who was already by the JYPE building's entrance. When he reached Jackson, he tightly held onto Jackson's wrist, much to the other's surprise. After regaining his breath, Jae told Jackson almost desperately how serious the situation he was in was, and how his disease, if not attended to, could take a huge toll on his health. Despite Jae's efforts, Jackson refused to give in, but had nonetheless been shaken, albeit only slightly.

Jackson stared intensely into Jae's eyes. "Give me one good, solid reason on why I should believe you."

A triumthant glint flashed in Jae's eyes as he lead them into an isolated staircase. He turned to the younger and lifted his shirt so his entire chest was exposed for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter