Memories 2

Random Scribbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUR POV

 

"Sicachu, did you know how happy I was when you accepted me? It was the happiest day of my life." I smiled with tears trickling down my eyes.  I looked at her and saw her shedding some tears as well.  I stood from my seat and squatted down to face her.  It hurts me to see her like this.

"Sicachu...why are you crying? You know how much it pains me to see you like this." I let my tears freely fall.  She smiled at me but her smile seemed so distant.  Like it was not meant for me.  Like she's staring into space.

"How about you continue reminiscing our memories Sicachu?" I groaned as I sat beside her at the foot of the bed.  But instead of taking something inside the box, she took something from her far side.  I leaned over to see it and my eyes almost bulged out of its sockets.

"T-That's..." I stuttered.  She opened the small blue velvet box and inside was a princess cut diamond ring.  How did she get that? I'm pretty sure I did not follow through my plan to do my proposal publicly.  I remember I clearly said I'll tell her something at home.

She took the phone and twirled it on her index carefully observing it like it's a new found treasure.

"Aghhh..." I placed my hands on my eyes and harshly rub it.  I must have been too drunk today that I don't remember my proposal.

"Sorry Sicachu, I don't remember how I proposed.  I'm pretty sure that was on my pocket awhile ago." I patted my left pocket when I felt something in it.  I looked down and saw the exact same box in it.

Stop pretending...

Pretending?

Pretending that you're not diminished off the surface.

What? No, I'm alive.  See? 

I tried to touch Sica's face but I ended up falling down, head first.  I looked up and she was still there but now tears were flowing uncontrollably.  I looked at myself in horror and I was translucent.

"No...NO!!!" I denied the obvious.

The more you pretend it's not real...the more it hurts.

Stop! This is just some funny joke! Right?!

I'm afraid it's not _____...

What?! It can't be...

The more you keep denying what REALLY happened that night...the more you'll hurt yourself.

 ......

 

FLASHBACK

Ugh, finding Sicachu in this crowd is such a pain.  There are too much girls in here with brunette hair but my heart only beats for her ^^ 

After searching throughout the sea of people I found her conversing with some friends.  I smiled ear to ear and quickly went behind her and place my big hands on her eyes.

"Guess who?"

"Hm? My super handsome, super intelligent, super muscular boyfriend ____?" she answered playfully and I removed my hands from her eyes.  She turned around before giving me a quick kiss in the lips.

"You're making me sound like a superhuman." I joked.  I possessively wrapped my arms around her.

"Well you're all the Captain America I need." She played along.

"Mhm.  I better be and you're...my Peggy/Sharon Carter." I declared but when I looked down she gave me a face.

"Yah, Sharon alone is better, why add Peggy?" she playfully punched my abdomen.

"Because, Captain America gave up his lifetime to be with Peggy in exchange for Peggy's world/happiness and by doing so he was able to live to be with her again through her niece, Sharon...only that he was asleep for 70 years." 

I explained nonchalantly.

"Yah, who said that you'll be throwing your life away to save mine?"

"What? I'll gladly give my life for you anyday." I leaned in to kiss her forehead.  After that short scene her friends started teasing her causing her to turn red all over.  I chuckled at the sight of my fianceè.  Okay technically she's still not but judging from right now's interaction.  She'll accept me.  Yes I'm confident like that.

"Jessica? Can we leave a little early?"  I whispered in her ear as I backhugged her.  She placed her hand on my hair, gently caressing it.

"Whoa, what's with the 'Jessica'? You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter