Insomnia

Random Scribbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR'S POV

 

It was nightfall and again Ashley had trouble sleeping.  She's been having insomnia since the meeting with her father and his business partners.

Flashback

"Dad you called for me?" She cat walked her way across the room.  She hated going to her father's office, much more going in this building in general.

"I'm glad you accepted my invitation, sit down.  The visitors will arrive soon." he took a sip on his coffee, not noticing Ashley's death glares.

"Visitors? I thought I was invited so that you'll persuade me for the nth time to run this blighted company." She spat.  She was distant to her father because he was not around during most of his childhood due to work.

"Even if I did, would you?" he asked.

"Definitely...no." she answered and looked at his eyes with nothing but anger and resentment.  She resented him because of all of his shortcomings as a father.  Now that he is old and almost grey, she promised to herself that she'll never run this company and leave it to fall down to pieces.

"That is why I decided to call in some friends." he smiled and before Ashley could question him about it the door opened recealing an old man in his early 50s with a familiar woman closely tailing behind.

Jessica?!?!?! - Ashley thought.

"Ashley, meet the Jungs." her father stood up and shook hands with the two.

"James have you told Jessica about it?" he gave the aforementioned James a look.

"Yes, apparently she agreed to the arrangement even though she's straight." he softly glanced at her daughter who kept a poker face.

"What is happening?" Ashley voiced out after realizing whatever was happening.  All she knows is that Jessica, her longtime first love knows something that she should probably know.

"Ahh, I forgot to tell you my daughter.  Please have a sit." he gestured to the guests.

"My daughter, since you did not want to run this company and I'm getting too old for the work I decided to call in the Jungs.  They have had a long string of business that is halved between the two Jung heiress.  With no one trusted to run ours I decided to sell it to them in one condition." her breath hitched.  What kind of condition? "You'll be marrying her, Jessica Jung Sooyeon." 

Ashley went silent...what should she feel? Happy? Sad for Jessica? Both? Yes both, she's happy that she'll not be running the company amd second she'll be marrying the straight as a ruler Jessica Jung.  Sad because she fears Jessica was forced into this.

"Does Ms. Jung agree to this?" Ashley asked.

"Now now Ashley, I'm your classmate." she grinned at Ashley. "No need to be so formal.  I'm going to be your wife anyways."  Jessica held Ashley's hand which made the latter's heart skip a beat.

End of Flashback

Ashley felt the weather getting colder by the minute in the botanical garden so she hugged her cardigan even tighter.  It's been two months since then, a month since Jessica moved in and four more months before they will get married.

She can't stop thinking about Jessica.  She's happy she's getting married to her ultimate crush but it bothers her a lot that Jessica might have been regretting making this decision ever since.  She can't bear the woman of her dreams to be sad because of her.  Especially knowing Jessica is straight and probably has no feelings for her.  It's basically her typical one sided love story.

"What are you doing here alone?" An angelic voice rang to her ears and so she turned around.  There Jessica was in her pajamas and slippers.  Even in this simple outfit she is perfect in Ashley's eyes.

"I can't sleep...you?" she asked shortly before looking back at the small Koi pond.

"Nothing.  I just felt like going out here." she answered and gazed her eyes on the same pond.  Ashley's heart was pounding on her chest and she's glad that it is not humanly possible for someone to hear it at this distance.

"I'm kind of shocked too.  The lover of all sleep Jessica Jun is right now outside in the middle of...12:32 midnight." Ashley muttered sarcastically.

"Yah.  I have my moments y'know and speak for yourself." she lightly hit the backside of her neck. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter