-3-

My friend's friend

The drive to your home was quiet. You felt Sungyeol’s eyes on you but you were too tired to talk. “You work a lot princess. You need some rest.” he said. “Tomorrow we can rest. Tonight is our big night.” you said in a weak voice. You didn’t want to waste what was left of your energy. Sungyeol took your hand kissed it and held it. You blushed and smiled. “I’m proud of you. Tomorrow let’s spend the day together on the couch.” He said kissing your hand again. You nodded closing your eyes. He waited for you in the car as you had to dress up very quickly since you only had 45 minutes. You knew that you had to be at the gallery early or else Myungsoo would freak out and the L that you managed to summon will disappear in a second. You put on the black gown that you prepared specially for this event, pulled your hair into an elegant up-do and put a light makeup. You grabbed your phone and your keys along with your other necessities and placed them into your purse. You put on a pair of cute flat shoes and you took your high heels in your hands. You can’t run wearing them so you needed a quick solution. Getting out of the elevator you saw Sungyeol leaning in the car. He was wearing a black tux and his hair was styled backwards showing his face. Your heart flattered when you saw him he looked so handsome. He looked like a prince or a dark knight. You found yourself grinning; you bit your lower lip and chuckled at your own cheesiness. “Hey prince charming” You said. He looked at you and his eyes grew wide and they were glued to you. He felt his heart racing like crazy. You smiled and he felt like melting. He realized his mouth was slightly opened and he was staring at you like a fool. “Hey princess, you look stunning” he said sheepishly as he walked to you and offered his arm. You linked your arms and walked to the car. He opened the door for you and you sat inside the car. Your cheeks were stained red and you were smiling timidly. 

Through the way Sungyeol was holding your hand and glancing at you from time to time. Your phone buzzed and you saw the caller’s ID “It’s Myungsoo” you said nearly panicking. “Did it start already?” You asked nervously. Sungyeol looked at his watch “We still have 25 minutes. Answer him.” He said. “Hey Soo” you said “Where are you? The reporters are arriving.” His voice was cold but you knew he was panicking. “Okay, take a deep breath. I’m on my way, just five more minutes.” You said taking a deep breath yourself. Sungyeol’s hand pressed against yours, trying to comfort you. Myungsoo chuckled and said “You too, I know you’re as nervous as me. But let’s try to have fun okay. Don’t be late you have 4 minutes.” Arriving at the gallery you saw reporters’ cars, cameras’ and flashlights. You took a deep breath trying to calm your nerves. You put on your high heels and you took another deep breath. “It’ll be great.” Sungyeol said smiling at you. You forced a smile. He leaned closer and gave you a peck on the lips. You froze for a moment as you felt your cheeks turning red. He got out of the car and opened your door. He held your hand then you liked your arms together. He leaned and whispered “Hold on to me if you feel bad close your eyes and trust me.” you nodded.  You walked to the door flashed blinded you and people were all talking at the same time next to your eyes. You leaned closer to Sungyeol. You never liked the crowd and now you felt like you couldn’t breathe or think. They were all too close and they were screaming in your ears. You closed your eyes. Then you felt a hand on the back of your head and your face was buried into his chest “You’re safe trust me” he whispered softly in your ears the he kissed the crown of your head and you smiled. You finally made it to inside the gallery. Myungsoo was pacing back and forth with Woohyun watching him helplessly. “Soo” you called. He turned and ran to you then he hugged you. “Thank you” he whispered and you patted his back. “The guests are arriving. The guards are ready and we’re going to open the doors.” Songjong, Hoya and Dongwoo came running from the other room. “WOW, you look beautiful tonight Miss.” Hoya said kissing you hand. Then the rest of the boys followed him complementing you and kissing the back of your hand. People came and you were walking with them explaining the concepts and providing them with whatever they needed. You glanced at Sungyeol from time to time as he was leaning on the wall with the rest of the boys. Myungsoo was busy talking to some famous artists and photographers.

 Everything was going on well and you were satisfied. The crowd was decreasing slowly as time passed. You glanced at the place where Sungyeol was standing but he wasn’t there. You searched the place with your eyes but he was nowhere in sight. Then you felt a hand on your waist “You were amazing today. I’m so proud of you.” He whispered in his sweat soft voice. You smiled and you turned to face him. His hands were still on your waist and he looked into your eyes. Your cheeks were pink and you smiled sheepishly. “You and Myungsoo, what were you laughing about this morning?” you asked curiously. He smirked “Can’t tell you” he said. You pouted then you looked at his with puppy eyes “Please Oppa~” you sulked. He chuckled and pinched your cheeks “What am I going to do with you?” he said “Tell me what I want to know” “Well, we smiled because you and Myungsoo are so much alike. One minute you’re angry or goofy or hysterical and the next your cold and charismatic; just like L and Myungsoo.” You laughed “We were practically brought up together so no wonder” “You know sometimes I think I’m dating the female version of Myungsoo.” He laughed which earned his a punch on the shoulder. “Your friend called me the female version of you.” You said as Myungsoo stood next to you “Not cool man; there is no one like me.” he smirked and he got a punch too. The day was over and you were all at the office celebrating. “Let’s make a toast” Sungyeol suggested giving you and Myungsoo two glasses of champagne. “To a work well done and to two aspiring artists of different colors” He said and you all tossed your glasses. Drinking the liquor you and Myungsoo spit it immediately then you glared at Sungyeol. He and the rest of the boys were laughing loudly at you. “Yah Lee Sungyeol, aren’t you going to grow up?” Myungsoo shouted drinking water and giving you a bottle. You hit Sungyeol’s chest “You little kid, how old are you?” you shouted then you drank trying to remove the sour taste. “A little vinegar never hurts.” He said and Myungsoo started running after him. Taking off your high heels you joined the chase. 

 

 

A/N hello everyone how are things? a long update to make up for the late update. The next chapter will be the last and I'll update really soon. Do you want an epilogue; something fun and fluffy? Please tell me what you think. Subscribe, comment, and upvote if you like the story. Thanks for your support. Loads of love <3