In The Arms of An Angel

Lilacs for The Angel

Song Joong Ki woke up on his own bed, seemed like in the evening.

“Ah, I’ve dreamed it all”

And the anger rose again in his chest, bubbling up and up like a bitter vomit.

He wasn’t dreaming it.

His fiancé, Moon Chae Won, the woman he wanted to marry, the one he thought he would spend his whole life with, cheated on him with his own best friend.

When he was risking his life for his country and getting tortured out there, she slept with his best friend. What a !

He looked around for his gun and then he remembered.

He was going to crash the gate of Chae Won’s house when something bright appeared in front of him.

That might be.......an angel? She was beautiful, wearing white and......was flying, with wings and all that.

“Got cheated on, and getting crazy. Excellent”

And then he saw it.

A ray of light on the floor. He followed the light with his eyes as it got brighter and brighter every second.

And she was there.

A beautiful vision in white, with huge pair of white wings, flying 30 cm above the ground.

“I need a psychiatrist” he mumbled.

“No, you don’t”

What the hell? Angels speak Korean?

The angels swooshed by and landed without a sound on his bed. She then sat cross-legged, her wings flapping slower and slower until they finally stopped, and she opened her palm.

“I stole all your bullets” she said, before crushing them to dust, again without a sound, and throwing the dust to the air behind her. “Now, you have no way to kill four lives. At least for tonight”

Joong Ki couldn’t believe his eyes. He blinked and blinked. He rubbed his eyes many times. But still, the angel was sitting on his bed.

“I’m still dreaming”

The ridiculously beautiful angel tilted her head, as if thinking of what to say, but finally answered him in the most two ordinary words imaginable.

“You’re not”

“........I’ve lost everything. I can’t lose my mind”

“You’re not losing your mind, because I’m real”

“You can’t be real!”

“But I am”

“Prove to me you’re real and not just my imagination”

The angel seemed to think for a moment, before looking down at his right hand.

It was bleeding quite bad.

“You hurt your hand because you punched the window in your living room. You did it because you just confirmed that your fiancé cheated on you”

“How do you know that???”

“Because I can see your past, but not your future” she replied, “And because I’m going to do this”

She caressed his hand once and his blood was gone, his wound healed in seconds. In a zap, it looked like it never bled at all.

“You’re real” he said with his throat closing in, before he left the bed and backed away to the wall. “Why are you here? You’re an angel. Are you here because I’m going to die?”

“No. I’m here to keep you and the other three lives alive. I’m your guardian angel”

“I don’t need an angel. Please go”

He was utterly shocked with the situation, yet maybe the life as a special forces captain forced him to react to shocking things. So even if he’s trying to stand as far away from her as possible, he could still speak.

“I can’t go. You’re my mission. I need to take care of you”

“I don’t need to be taken care of by somebody who – who can fly!!! Just please leave, jebalyo!”

“I can’t, because you nearly killed four lives!”

“Four???”

“Yes. Your fiancé, your best friend, and yourself”

“That’s three. Or couldn't angels count?”

“And four, the baby inside your fiance’s belly”

It was like a punch in his already sore gut.

“Chae Won is pregnant?”

“Yes” the angel answered in a matter of fact manner.

“Nappeun yeoja!!! I’m going to kill her!!!”

“Please don’t. She’s pregnant. Come on. You’re Korea’s hero. How could you kill a woman who’s carrying a baby? It doesn’t make any sense!”

He felt horrible. He had loved Chae Yeon deeply and to find out she’s pregnant with his best friend on top of her affair really drove him mad.

They really deserved to die for betraying him!!!

“Even if you kill them, the affair has happened. You can’t undone everything”

He flinched, thinking to run as fast as he could, but his feet were planted firm on the ground. The effect of experiencing the bitter pain of betrayal and seeing an angel really knocked his senses out.

“You can read my mind”

“Of course” the angel replied, as if he’s an idiot if he assumed otherwise.

“Why? What did I do to deserve this??? Why is she doing this to me?”

The angel flew to stand in front of him, despite how he tried to back away from her.

“Like I’ve told you, I can’t see the future. But I think there are two options for your answer. Either you deserve someone better, or you deserved the betrayals because of your actions”

He became extremely angry with her last sentence, and pointed at the door.

“Get out. I don’t need an angel who comes out of nowhere to criticize my life. Get out!”

“I can’t. I will be punished if I leave the human I’m supposed to guide without finishing the mission”

“Is someone who is cheated by his yeoja need to be guided by an angel? Whoah, there must be millions of angels then!”

“......you’re in a bitter condition, aren’t you? Are you a good person or a bad person? I always guide either one of them. Either a very good person that doesn’t deserve his or her pain, or a very bad person that if he or she is not guided to the light, many will suffer. Which one are you?”

“..........I’m not so sure right now. What I’m sure is that I’ve lost my mind”

The angel sighed as if she’s exhausted. Joong Ki was confused, unsure whether angels can be exhausted or not.

“I’m not doing this right. I’m sorry. I just finished my last mission and your case is suddenly thrown on me. I guess I was very reluctant”

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

When she opened her eyes again, she smiled.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I am Song Hye Kyo, a guardian angel who will guide you through this difficult time of your life. Together, we will be able to make your life better. Don’t worry anymore, everything will be alright”

She said it in her gentlest voice possible and Joong Ki only stared at her like she’s a speaking box.

“That doesn’t work?” Hye Kyo asked. “Alright. Let’s try this”

She held up both her hands and approached him. He tried to move back but he was trapped on the wall and could only follow with his eyes as her hands hovered ten centimetres away from her body. Her hands exuded a white glow, and she waved her hand all over his body.

There’s a cool sensation after her light enveloped him, and he instantly felt better, as if he just had a good 8 hours sleep.

“I’ve healed all your physical wounds. You were tortured in North Korea and once you’re back to South Korea, a doctor has treated you. But I’ve healed you, so you won’t need medicines or painkillers anymore. You will also find that your skin already healed too from all scars”

Joong Ki was wearing a t-shirt, and he checked the scars on his arms.

They all disappeared, leaving his skin clean and fair.

She’s a real angel, huh?

“Why me?” he asked her. “Why do you come for me?”

“.......there are around 51 million of people living in South Korea now. Believe it or not, angels are divided by countries. We guard the most troubled souls according to our area of duty. There are 51 angels for South Koreans, and I’m the 51st. I’m still not sure why God sent me to be with you, but maybe because – you need me. And because if you’re not helped, you will make others suffer. Let’s cooperate and work together, shall we?”

“..........I guess I have no other choice except to say yes”

“That’s right”

“What should I do now?”

“It’s 1 AM. How about showering and getting some sleep, Song Jong Ki-ssi? We’ll talk in the morning”

“Maybe you’ll be gone in the morning and I’ll be sane again”

“Not a chance. I’m a dedicated angel and I’ll be here when you wake up”

He’d flirt if the situation was different, but he ended up only shaking his head then leaving for the bathroom.

Once he’s back with clean clothes, he said, “So......you will prevent me from killing Chae Yeon and Ah In?”

“And her future baby” Hye Kyo added.

“And her future baby”

“Yes. You won’t kill anyone and you’ll remain a good person”

“I’m starting to think being a good person is useless”

“It’s the most useful thing in the world” Hye Kyo answered, sitting again in the middle of the bed. “Kindness is what makes the world goes round”

“I thought it’s money”

“Well, yes, there are negative aspects too. But without good people, humanity would be gone since a long time ago. Now, you need to rest. Have some sleep”

“You’re sitting in the middle of my bed”

“You have too much pain in your heart. I must heal it. I need to hold you as you sleep”

“You need to what???” he asked in shock, his voice rising.

“I need to hold you for a few hours to clean the darkness of your heart and soul. Come here”

“...........you’ve got to be kidding me!”

“I’m not. Let me do my duty!”

“You can’t do that!”

“...........I’m not an ordinary woman, Song Joong Ki-ssi. I’m a guardian angel. Your guardian angel, to be exact. You carry a lot of pain from your one month imprisonment in North Korea, and now, from your fiance’s betrayal. Let me hold you and heal you. Come here to bed”

This situation was too absurd to be processed in his brain. And her last request was too......much. He hoped he was not blushing.

Just what the hell is happening right now???

His heart screamed.

But he followed her, and lied on his bed.

Once he lied down, Hye Kyo lied down too on his pillow. Her arms reached for him, and she said, “You have to hold me too”.

He wanted to freak out and shout “How could I???”, but he did, since he didn’t trust his ability to speak at that very moment.

He held her body, circling her waist with his arms, as she held him tighter.

That very second, her wings enveloped her.

If somebody saw them then, they would look like they’re being covered by a cocoon of white feathers.

She felt slim and fragile in his arms, and it was very bright.

“Your body is cold......” he said.

“That’s because I don’t have blood running on my veins” she answered, before putting a hand on his chest, where his heart was beating.

“In the name of God, I, Angel Song Hye Kyo, am requesting for this man’s pain to be healed”

He felt something cool in his chest, and blinked.

“How long is this going to be?”

“For a few hours. You better go to sleep now. The healing of pain and darkness inside one’s heart would be better during sleep”

“I can’t. You’re too bright”

He heard the wind whistled and her bright light dimmed, but the cool feeling inside his chest and how she’s holding him tight didn’t stop.

“It’s going to be alright. You’ll feel better tomorrow” she smiled.

His eyes felt heavy then, and three seconds later, he fell back to sleep.

******************************************

Author's Note: 

I myself think this story is strange, hahaha. But it's different from everything I've written (and I wrote lots of fics already), so I'm enjoying it. 

Maybe you can imagine Song Joong Ki as Yoo Shi Jin when he met Dr. Kang again on that desert after one year passed. That's the Song Joong Ki here. 

If you can accept this story and like the characters as they are, I will be very grateful. 

Ep. 15 shattered my feelings. Thang God Yoo Shi Jin is alive!

Can't believe tonight is the last ep. I'm gonna miss the drama so bad and will rewatch and rewatch, then write more fics about Song2 couple.

Regarding my personal life, my allergy has turned into an infection, so I'm resting and not working. 

Hopefully I'll stil be able to attend SNSD's concert on Saturday with my friends. 

For reading, viewing and commenting, thank you so much.