Her 100th Case

Lilacs for The Angel

The Angel's Headquarter was as busy and as crowded as usual when Angel Hye Kyo arrived. She had just completed her mission and felt horribly exhausted. Her wide pair of huge white wings hang limp behind her back. She really needed sleep to regain her energy and positivity. 

"I'll report to the Administration Office and sleep. Really. I will not accept another mission until I could sleep for at least one whole day so --"

The speakers suddenly blasted with a calling. 

"Attention. Angel Song Hye Kyo, you are expected to be in Seraph Ja Ae's office immediately. Angel Song Hye Kyo, you are expected to be in Seraph Ja Ae's office immediately"

"What???" she exclaimed loudly, "BUT I JUST COMPLETED MY MISSION!!!"

She was screaming in a very un-angelic way in the middle of the ground floor, with other angels from various races and wings' colours staring at her. 

"This is a direct command from the Supreme Order Himself. Not being in Seraph Ja Ae's office within one minute will be considered a disobedience to Him"

"Heol! Always using His name to threaten tired angels like me!" Hye Kyo grumbled, blinking, disappearing from the ground floor, and appearing at Seraph Ja Ae's office. 

"What now?" Hye Kyo barked.

"Aigoo......aigoo.....Angel Hye Kyo......are you going to ruin your beautiful skin just because of a new mission?"

"My skin won't be ruined! I'm immortal!"

"Don't we all, Dear? Now, sit here comfortably and let me brief you on your new case"

Hye Kyo's wings flapped angrily, causing a mini storm in the Seraph's office. 

"Sunbae. Really. I just finished my mission an hour ago! Isn't it cruel to give me a new one before I even get a one night's sleep?"

"I know it's cruel. And I know it's unfair for you, Yeppeuni. But one more mission and you can be an Archangel, remember? And I personally think this case is much easier than your previous ones"

"Really?" Hye Kyo asked suspiciously. 

"The Supreme Order himself chose this case for you to handle"

"............God chose this case for me? He remembers my name?"

"Of course he does. You're one of the best angels on duty, so he knows you well"

"Why isn't God busy? Why does he have time to choose a case for an ordinary angel like me?"

"There are several reasons. You know that after completing 100 cases you can be an Archangel if you choose, right? And you just completed your 99th case"

"And all those 99 cases were so stressful"

"That's because in the previous life you're a brilliant surgeon. You have a lot of compassion for humans. You always complete all your missions brilliantly, and you left all the humans you guarded in a better condition than before you came along"

"I still wonder why I'm always given super difficult cases all the time"

"Um.....yes. About that, I'm actually not quite sure why. Maybe because you're just that good, and the best angels are always sent to the most difficult cases"

"Please Seraph Ha Ja Ae......please. Give me one week holiday. I'll do everything after that. Please? I only get one day holiday between my 98th to 99th case. All I want to do is just sleep. Please?"

"I can't Dear. This is a direct order from Him"

"He has another fifty angels for South Korea!!! What are they all doing???"

"I'm not sure why, I swear. He decided to choose you for this case. And like I told you, this case is much easier than your previous cases. What a smooth way to be an archangel, really"

Seraph Ja Ae flicked her fingers and in the air appeared a series of writing, showing Angel Hye Kyo's latest cases.

"Your 97th case was guarding a woman who was by her own uncle and due to her bitterness, she became the master-mind of human trafficking, trapping ten innocent girls to become es in various cases. You succeeded in opening her heart until she felt sorry for all her sins, asked for God's forgiveness, healed her pain, and although she's now in jail, she's working at the jail's hospital, helping other people day by day"

"That was a really stressful case"

"Your 98th case was guarding a doctor who has leukimia. He was so angry to God for giving cancer to him, who had always been trying to cure people with cancer. You were sent to guide him to the light because he had an idea to kill all his current patient due to his anger to God. You succeeded in making him accepted his condition, making him going through his last two years of life as an activist who collected lots of money for Leukimia patients in Korea and even managed to build a special institution for Leukimia patients. Although he has died now, he is so inspired that he is now on the process to be an angel and will have his first case next week"

"That one was really exhausting too"

"And your latest case, your 99th case, was, of course, the case that we Korean angels still talk about until a few moments before you returned. You guarded Madam President Park Geun Hye during a very difficult one month when she considered to send nuclear to North Korea because they're keeping a dozen of South Korea's Special Forces soldiers. The North kept on provoking the president by sending videos of them torturing the soldiers. Secretly, of course, so the international world doesn't know. Thank God you're always there beside the Madam President. You succeeded in making the President of the North sat on a discussion, and now all the soldiers are back home and no one has to die because Madam President couldn't control her emotion and blasted that nuclear. Citizens of the north are all still alive, thanks to you"

".........you do realize I have a good reason to ask for a one week holiday, right?"

"I fully understand that, Yeppeuni. But, one, His Supreme Order wants you to finish this 100th case. Two, this is a very easy case, and it's related to love. You've never had a case about love, right?"

"That kind of love we call romance? Nope. Never. Always the most stressful or the most heartbreaking for me to handle in the past. You should know. You're my Seraph" Hye Kyo smiled with angry eyes and Seraph Ja Ae cleared . 

"So. His Supreme Order might be giving you this 100th case so you could be an Archangel easily. Wouldn't it be great to have a long holiday once you become an Archangel? You will only be given cases that will influence humanity, which is not much. You can sleep as much as you want in the castle you will have once you are an Archangel. All you must do is just give counsels to ordinary angels IF anyone asks for your advice. Wouldn't it be great?"

"Do you promise me this 100th case will be easy and stress-free?"

"What I know is just it must be easier than all your other previous cases"

"Ok. Brief me"

"You know the rules, Dear. Accept formally"

"Fine. I, Song Hye Kyo, the 51st Angel assigned to guard the souls of South Korea, willingly accept to guard the soul of this individual my Seraph, Ha Ja Ae-ssi will assign to me. And I will guide his soul to the light, leaving him in a better life than he previously had before I enter his life. So help me, God"

"Excellent!" Seraph Ja Ae clapped her hand. 

"Why are you so happy???"

"I don't know. I just feel happy. Maybe because you'll be an Archangel after this"

"Alright. Brief me"

"Yes" Seraph Ja Ae flicked her fingers again and 

"His face is familiar........."

"His name is Song Joong Ki"

"Wait. I've seen him somewhere before.......I just can't remember where"

"He is the Captain of Alpha Team, the soldiers held hostage by North Korea”

“Right! That’s why he looks familiar. What’s wrong with him? He should be happy, right? He was free since three days ago”

“..........he just found out his fiancé cheated on him. He’s losing his mind and he’ll kill her fiancé, the man she’s having an affair with, and then he will kill himself. All with the same gun”

“Oh, no”

“Yes. And if you don’t hurry, it will happen in approximately 45 seconds from now”

“WHAT??? IT IS ONGOING? WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME SOONER, YOU CRAZY SERAPH???”

In that instant, Angel Hye Kyo disappeared.

It took her 15 seconds to locate Song Joong Ki.

He was racing with his car to his fiance’s house, checking whether his gun was fully loaded or not.

It took 5 seconds for Angel Hye Kyo to think and consider what’s the best thing she could do to prevent the lost of four lives. But Song Joong Ki was driving closer and closer to the gate and she didn’t know what else to do beside appearing right then and there in front of the man’s car.

Song Joong Ki hit the brakes one meter away from the gates of his fiance’s house because he suddenly saw the apparition of a very beautiful angel in white, with a pair of white wings flapping behind her.

“I’m going crazy” he muttered under his breath.

“You’re not going to do this. I am forbidding you” the angel said, before walking closer to his car and he saw her wings seemed to.......expand?

Everything went white then, and he couldn’t remember anything else.

****************************************************************************************

Author's Note:

Dear Readers,

It's been ages since I let my imagination run rampant like this. I know this story is very strange, but I hope you'll follow until the end. 

Every writer would want to write something different than what she previously tried. I've been wanting to write about guardian angels since a long time ago, and I think this is the time for it. 

Hye Kyo already looks like a Goddess, so I think she's fit to be a guardian angel.

More information of my version of the world of angels in the next chapters. 

I do hope I'm not offending anyone with this concept of angels and God. Please remember that this is only fiction. 

I am very surprised that some of you already subscribed to the story even before I began writing the first chapter. I feel a bit nervous because of that, and it makes me want to do well for this story. 

I don't plan this fic to be long, so hopefully it will not be more than 10 chapters. 

I have other ongoing stories, so if I disappear for a while, please understand. It means I get inspiration for the other stories. 

All in all, I hope you'll enjoy this ride.

Thank you for reading and subscribing. Comments would be nice too :)