(2)

Look Towards Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Although Jiho was best friends and inseparable from Yoobin and really liked sitting next to her in class, she tried to give the warmest welcome she could to her new deskmate, Mingyu. Though, he seemed to have gotten comfortable in a VERY short amount of time.

 

Ten minutes later, Jiho had had it.

 

After hearing Mingyu talk nonstop about his old school and old friends (really just one friend) and feeling the piercing glares of the girls in her class, Jiho felt like she was going to explode.

 

I don’t need to know about how bad your lunches were or how annoying the kid who sat in the back was or how much the biology teacher hated you. she thought. Why can’t you just do the thing the teacher said you were good at- studying?!?

 

The one thing that kept her from exploding was the risk of getting demerit points from yelling- yes, demerit points. The high school they went to, S.N.S. (stands for Seoul New Star, which no one wants to use when introducing their high school) Elite High School, had a point system to punish and reward students. At the beginning of the quarter, all students had 50 points. For everything that a teacher deemed as bad behavior, they give out one or more demerit points. Each demerit point means one point subtracted from the total amount of points you have. If by the end of the quarter you have 40 points or less, you have to do mandatory community service for 2-3 hours. It doesn’t sound too bad, but the freshmen had heard from the seniors how the community service usually consisted of thoroughly cleaning the school gates and the gardens in the front, as well as desks. Although not many teachers gave out demerit points, there was one who gave out as many as possible. The biology teacher, Teacher Kang. If a student was even caught dozing off or staring blankly out the window, it would cost them a point.

 

Instead of telling him to shut up, Jiho simply said, “Oh, that’s cool.”

 

Jiho’s POV

 

I have absolutely no clue why this ‘Mingyu’ kid is talking so much. I’ve been hearing him blab for what seems like hours. Yeah, your biology teacher was mean, but guess what? Teacher Kang is like, ten times worse and she’ll probably hate you even more than that other one.

 

I didn’t hear half of what he said because I was too busy looking at Jungkook’s chiseled features once again. To be totally honest, I didn’t really pay much attention to him throughout the month of school we’ve had so far because I was too busy fending off that Chaeyeon rat and her two minions that kept bothering me. I honestly have no clue why she hates me so much. I don’t remember ever being mean to her, like, ever. This might sound too self loving but I’m a pretty nice person. The only times that I’ve ever really hurt anyone’s feelings at school was whenever a boy would ask me out. There were a lot, but not a single one attracted me, so all of them were rejected. I probably should’ve just accepted one of them because who knew that I would look like this now. . . Yes, even I know that I’m not in tip-top shape. I try to avoid looking in the mirror nowadays.

 

Anyways, back to Jungkook. I thought he was just cold and quiet, but since last week, he’s been kind of nice. When Chaeyeon and Yuna moved my desk to a different classroom as a joke, he got up and slid his desk to me and got in trouble with the teacher for not having a desk. Today just kind of confirmed the crush I have on him.

 

O MY GOSH.

 

I JUST REALIZED THAT THIS IS LITERALLY THE FIRST CRUSH I’VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!

 

Actually, scratch that. I had a small crush on one of my childhood friends in 2nd or 3rd grade, but he moved away. Does that even count?

 

I somehow made it to lunch after that. Mingyu wasn’t too annoying after class officially started. I have no friends other than Yoobin, who’s currently dying from a cold that she’s had for like a week (I’m like positive she’s faking it at this point because that’s something Yoobin would do), so I’ve been sitting alone at lunch and then going to the library.

 

I went over to the table near the big window that I usually sit at, but there seemed to be someone already sitting there. It was Mingyu.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter