office battlefield

Like it, yeah?

It’s been a long day Youngjae spent waiting… Waiting for Daehyun to step in the office (like a windstorm as he always does) and announce (half-laughing, which is his another habit) what happened to him yesterday.

Maybe that lovely puppy could mention… the name of one who’d helped him out, who gave him shelter, lent a bed and fed his never-ending hunger with cucumber and ham.

Youngjae (deeply-deeply-deep inside his selfish little heart) wanted (to death) to be acknowledged by brainless Jung in other’s eyes.

That was definitely not OK tendency but as provocative as playing with a cigarette without ever litting it. Looking at it while denying the urge to put it your mouth.

Youngjae was never one of them. Those self-reserved guys able to say NO when they are actually YES.

So Youngjae smoked and grinned when clocks turned past three. He was pissed with coffee stain on the sleeve of his white pullover, a late-autumn-mud brown mark (of nervousness),  when it four and  the most obvious thing finally appeared clear to him.

Daehyun wouldn’t come.

Youngjae can hella keep riding his pink unicorns but they can’t even poo in reality.

They are still not friends no matter what happened.

(No matter how much black spray Youngjae through Junghon’s hands applied onto his car and apartment’s door)

They aren’t.

- Brainless, - muttered Youngjae.

He was out of the office, Youngguk was in. They bumped in doorframe but Yongjae ignored importance of his own boss and simply walked by.

 - What have you done to him? – Youngguk clasped his eyelashes like flop-flop-flop.

- Nothin, - shrugged Himchan. Then after the smallest pause he added: - Have you seen Daehyun today?

- Nope, - Youngguk’s rigid voice denied. – Whe…

- He didn’t come today, - interrupted Himchan.

And viciously smiled, like “You see-e-e-e-e-e what I meanna”.

Indeed Youngguk replied:

- Oh… I see, - then he decided, maybe, that puppies and jealous unicorn riders are too much out of his (and Himchan’s) age league to bother about their little childish frats. There are more interesting things. – What are you cooking today?

- Ugh, - sighed Himchan.

But this time his face was an artist.

- Lil mushrooms… you fry them at slow fire with onion slices until they are smoothie.

- Dying, - said Yongguk.

- Then you slowly add smoothie creama…

- Like I’m on fire myself, - hurried Yongguk. – Go on…

- Then melt mozzarella…

Flop. Bum. Bam.

 

 

 

Is hating yourself to death even unnatural?

Youngjae does it in shower, redressing and smoking.

Little bastard Daehyun didn’t even call. He just… left. And left unwashed cup of coffee in kitchen sink.

Youngjae is usual self-confident form of hater when he kills a snatch in an ashtray then rushes to office 15 minutes before official worktime starts.

He arrives 10 minutes later. Windows are half-open coz of Jungup’s habit of morning ventilation though it looks so womanish in the office filled up to ninety percent with IT guys who sometimes do not wash their bodies for a week.

The air is fresh and noticeably wet due to another rainy cataclysm happening outside.

- Hey a-a-ah, - greets Youngjae.

He has that special appearance he usually shows when he is unwilling to talk. He is not interested in anybody’s “hello”. He just waits for office kettle to provide him with boiling water, serves himself a cup of instant coffee and isolates world outside of him with headphones.

Some strangely too positive for his dark mood songs can be heard quietly playing but it’s also a feature of his usual self.

Daehyun watches his back with strange feeling that he has f***ed up somewhere but didn’t even noticed where.

What did he do wrong? He forgot unwashed cup in a sink at Youngjae’s but… is it even enough reason for ignoring him at all?

(Oh, he’s forgot that he sometimes+ ignored Youngjae even better)

Inner feeling leads Daehyun. And that is not self-protection.

“What’s wrong?”

That was the least Youngjae could demand from heavens as satisfaction to his used pride. Least: a little yellow envelope blinking at the corner of his screen impatiently.

Better prepare, mortals. He would be showing his dark hell grace now.

“They said they could do my car by tomorrow’s evening”

“What an idiot”, - thinks Youngjae reading appearing pop-ups but still not opening them.

“Guys at car painting made lol of me. They decided I’d dumped someone who did that to my car”

With that famous tiny vicious smile Youngjae thinks “Almost close” but keeps his head down as any person would do. Any person whose messenger is off-sight and off-sound.

“But I didn’t. I still don’t know who did it and why”

“Maybe… there was someone. But how much mad one goota be to venge black paint on my car after 3 yrs???”

“Tell me all your stories now, - mutters Youngjae, - from kindergarden”

He’s really angry now. It’s like he can gnaw someone in a neck and make a bloody fountain.

But he can’t do anything. Except ignoring, of course.

“Hey!”

“Youngjae! Wake up”

“Are you that busy?”

“YOUNGJAEEEEEEEEEEE”

“JAEJAEJAEJAEJAE”

That narcissistic terrorism is too much for tender and sensitive Youngjae’s inner poet. That unbelievable addressing “Jae”.

Youngjae is indeed going to disable jabber chat when madly COOK-A-DOODLE-DOO blows his eardrums away completely.

Daehyun playfully smiles. Maybe Youngjae doesn’t even know about “shake” option of standard Miranda chat client.

Poor Youngjae even looks disoriented.

“Now I know you can hear me”

“Don’t you think I dunno how to use it?”

Daehyun was smart enough to see a teat and prepare. He was just a second away from turning off his PC’s sound when insane COOK-A-DOODLE-DOO blew away his eardrums too.

Well… Youngjae is smart also. And fast.

When Daehyun, in his turn, jumped and smashed his knee onto his table’s desk like in epilepsy was when Himchan caught them playing cook-a-doodle-game with their eardrums.

- Nice, - said Himchan to himself but hardly that was an appreciation.

When at work, DO WORK.

“Like it, yeah?”

Daehyun shrugged. He shrugs now always when he sees these words. Did Youngjae write it on purpose or what?

This time Jungup accidentally met with his huge surprised eyes when Daehyun watched maliciously smiling Youngjae and that was when Jungup caught them practicing pantomimes.

“Sorry, - apologized Daehyun. – That was violent. Now I know it”

What Daehyun didn’t know was how ruthless little Youngjae was.

COOK-A-DOODLE-DOO.

Surely Daehyun’s PC sound was still on.

That was the time of enough for Himchan when he started giggling over stupidity more than bearable.

When Daehyun with:

- … you muther… aker, – ripped his headphones not only off his head but also the cord out of audio port.

“Sorry, - sent Youngjae, - maybe that was violent, too”

Exactly that Youngjae was.

Exactly that Daehyun was unconsciously following. Not exactly though. But that huge fight spirit.

“Do you hate to lose that much?”

Now Youngjae got caught by both Himchan and Jungup when turned around and “watched back… somewhere… nothing”.

“If it’s you on the opposite side, - Youngjae was a speedy typer and his keyboard clip-clapped loudly… and even more to amusement of two Spectators… so enthusiastically, - then I absolutely hate to lose”

“Am I special or something?”

Wink. Wink. Wink.

Brainy bright kid Jung Daehyun is always there to confuse Youngjae (who just happened to turn his head to him) with winking.

- Defntly eye-neurosis, - comments Jungup, but in a low voice not to interrupt.

No one interrupts flirting at boring Friday morning.

“Aren’t you trying to make me say that you’re specifically enjoyable to see as a looser? – asks witty Youngjae. – Where is you logic thinking?”

Well… if someone manipulates logic this good…

“OK. You’ve outsmarted me this time”

Looks like it’s the end of a little fight. I has entertained Youngjae (and Spectators too, he know he and Daehyun have been watched) but…

Looks like it’s not enough for him.

Maybe Daehyun thinks close to this “not enough thing” also.

“How about Friday booz?”

Suddenly Youngjae remembers his doom dark hell dignity but feels like a girl first time told she was pretty.

He’s absolutely sure Daehyun’s using that socializing “da booz” theme to soap them both and slide into tiny hole “we aren’t even friends”.

There is no other way. They are not friends.

What is this talk even about? Shouldn’t Youngjae keep himself reserved and say NO when YES  doesn’t worth it?

“What for?” – angrily asks Youngjae and instinctively turns left to…

Naturally enormously big Daehyun’s eyes turn impossible huge.

And sarcastic.

WHAT DO PEOPLE DRINK FOR?

“Don’t you know, witty Yoo Youngjae?” – asks somewhat trolling curve of Daehyun’s left eyebrow.

“Was that me pretending we ARE NOT FRIENDS?” - Youngjae’s face expression is also very flexible.

Able to express a lot of irony in just one strike of his eyes.

Daehyun adds wave of his hand as an argument.

Like “Should I maybe KNEEL to receive YES?” – pointing the palm to the floor.

His oversized eyes are in danger of rolling out while Youngjae’s face expression transforms to satanic “MAYBE” when a laughter bursts.

That very laughter which sounds like someone farted loudly.

Daehyun (quickly and unpleasantly realizing that they were not alone) turns back to Himchan. Boss laughs hysterically covering his face with hands.

Through that farting sound (being under pressure of three weird looks) he tries to explain:

- No… nothing! – and waves his hand like “Go on!..Continue, I’m not here at all”

What else can he do? Daehyun shrugs and turns around to his monitor.

Working. Aha.

Once again Himchan can hear intense keyboard clip-claps.

First Daehyun’s, than pause, then Youngjae’s.

Like a clock.

When Jung once again feels that his ability to manipulate words lacks something important (which his huge eyes absolutely poses) and turns to Youngjae to produce another wonderful pantomime Himchan bends over and in two halves.

Farting hysterical laughter is there again.

Then, half-crooked, he politely crawls outside wiping tears from his face.