morning yawning

Like it, yeah?

Daehyun was a heavy sleeper (adding one more sin to being a heavy eater he was).

When alarm clock woke him up he, out of a habit, cursed in a whisper – usual way for him to greet a new day.

But right after he discovered himself laying in somebody’s bed curled in somebody’s s (which smelled sweet vanilla as an opposite to his own fresh sea breeze perfume) wearing ugly Donald Duck T-shirt.

Words of laments were gone.

Just wiped out.

Anything in this house got him  itching curious and he hurried to get out of this bed to inspect if there is something more Youngjae was able to surprise him with.

What does he look like when he struggles to wake up?

What does he wear when he brushes his teeth?

Is TV or radio ?

Daehyun was a kid never tired of investigating life flow around him. He enjoyed feeling of belonging to that flow. He was the one always questioning how it’s supposed to work when it didn’t as he expected… that was a reason he became an engineer first of all.

Yet for the person waking up that late he surely might have less expectations of catching morning-soft, sleepy-sweet cutely-yawning Youngjae (oh, blame his imagination) half-asleep: the sofa was empty.

Disappointed a bit, Daehyun follows noise coming from kitchen.

Here he is. Youngjae.

His stylish light blue jeans are on but besides there is nothing. He’s barefooted and his shoulders are pale porcelain while Daehyun watches them moving as Youngjae washes a cup in the sink.

“Morning”, he greets when, turning his head a bit, he notices he is being stared at.

The word sounds simple and casual.

Sounds like Daehyun wakes up in this apartment every single day.

“M’rning”, Daehyun has mumbling, unclear (like he just doesn’t care) articulation and it’s at its worse short after waking up.

Worse… when there is Youngjae with his magnetic bare spine.

Daehyun can’t take his eyes off but doesn’t want to be caught looking so he quietly takes the same seat he occupied yesterday and pretends he’s still asleep resting his head on his hands crossed on table’s surface.

But he watches.

Under this hidden surveillance Youngjae’s every move is sharp and precise. He fills a cezve with water, leaving it on the stove for a while to boil. Meantime he cuts a cucumber in eight perfect slices (Daehyun sniffs in fresh smell of the sliced vegetable) and brings bread and ham from the fridge. By now this is time to put coffee in the cezve. Done… In a minute brown and white coffee foam rises above the top but Youngjae’s already finished cleaning the table and picks the cezve up.

He pours coffee into two cute little cups.

Daehyun likes what he’s seen.

And he likes it even more when Youngjae puts coffee cups on the table. And a while after there are two plates with a two boiled egg, half of a cucumber and two slices of ham on each.

“Now”, says Youngjae in command voice, “eat”.

But he smiles.

“You’re a magician”, Daehyun knows something better than hiding admiration in his tone. “You’re… oh, god… YOU are a god”

Daehyun’s not sleepy anymore. The coffee smell is strong enough to wake a dead body and the mix of food on his plate is just… perfect.

The ham goes so well with fresh vegetables.

“There is nothing more I could want”, munches Daehyun even more pathetically with his mouth completely full.

“Hm…” comes answer from Youngjae who once again throws one of his enigmatic smiles.

He disappears for a moment and comes back properly dressed. His presence lits the air with soft vanilla accent.

Daehyun’s Pink Donald Duck T-shirt is a huge contrast to him now but even Youngjae himself thinks the other guy is unbelievably good-looking.

Even his dog-calloused elbows are fine.

Even his narrow-from-eating-pleasure eyes are.

“This”, says Youngjae as if it’s nothing special for him, “call this guy”

He handles Daehyun a piece of paper, a phone number scratched on.

“If you ask him to break you door he won’t ask whose door it is”, Youngjae goes on. “And I’m gonna cover up your for Himchan”

He smiles again. That very tiny smile.

Daehyun seems to be surprised and pleased, he returns the smile (but his is wide and warm), “Oh, thank-you-so-very-much…”

“Nope”, Youngjae hardly ever hesitates to interrupt and his features form in a bit vicious grin (though Dayhyun now knows better he’s in fact joking). “Just be quick cleaning off the crap that insane rivals of yours covered your property in”

When Daehyun is reminded of the faithless bastards who molested his precious baby car he feels irresistible urge to catch them all… silently put them in a bag and drown it in a river.

His eyebrows connect each other over his nose bridge as he hisses, “B-b-bloody b-bit-ches” but Younghae’s only reaction is that his eyes narrow and his smile is even more discreet.

Yongjae knows that there were not “es”. There was “a ” Daehyun’s looking at this very moment.

“Fine”, yawns Yongjae, “Whatever… I gotta go. Here is the key to lock the front door”

One more time Daehyun feels obliged and thankful but the feeling is naturally comfortable to go with. Maybe it’s because Youngjae’s so easy to give and seems to be not caring about a reward.

Daehyun watches him from doorway as the younger puts on his coat.

He laughs quietly.

“What’s wrong?” sharply asks Youngjae. He turns around to carefully inspect his own reflection in full-height mirror. “What’s wrong with me?”

“Nothing”, reassures Daehyun softly. “You look… great”

Youngjae doesn’t believe. His opinion is that his good-looking is not enough good looking. It’s not flawless. It’s… just him.

Handsome and self-composed guy who absolutely can not wear Donald Duck T-shirt and hope he would look as pretty as Dayhyun in it.

“Bye”, he says before closing the door.

There is no answer, only short of Daehyun’s soft laughing.

Well, to say truth… Daehyun just caught himself enjoying absurdity: maybe he might press Youngjae a kiss on the cheek… since they almost behave like a husband and a wife.