1/1

Things You Should Learn About Jihoon

 

*** things that happened in the past. i won't be using past tense.

 

“Why—”

“Just hear me out, okay?” Seungcheol rolls his eyes, albeit playfully, and clears his throat.

“Where was i again—oh. Lee Jihoon. Jihoon... He’s a great guy. He’s probably not exactly the kindest person alive but he’s decent.” He chuckles. “He looks like a marshmallow but actually could roast you alive if that’s legal. Don’t—don’t you ever get fooled by his appearance. Sure, he has the fluffiest, softest cheeks but do not touch them when he’s not in the mood. Trust me.”

***

Jihoon is fuming mad. He is beyond upset. He is bristling. And Seungcheol knows exactly why.

Jihoon is not on a good mood, as his day didn’t work out as well as he thought it would be. His computer ate his two days worth of tears, sweat and blood aka assignments; he spilled chocolate milk all over his pants and his other pants are still in the laundromat, so he kind of has to wear only a pair of Seungcheol’s old boxer that has a large hole on it; he dropped his dinner (which happens to be freakin’ udon) on his bed—he lost his udon, he has to wash his bedcover; and he just tripped over something he doesn’t wanna know, and falls over, which resulting him to be in this awkward, seemingly-uncomfortable position.

“Jihoon?”

“Don’t talk to me,” He mumbles, cheek resting against the coffee table. His is sticking up in the air and Seungcheol actually holds the urge to squish them.

Seungcheol sits next to him and observes his boyfriend’s visage. His finger hovers over Jihoon’s eyebags before actually caressing them softly. “Why? Did i do something wrong?”

He only got a growl in response, and so he tries again. “Jihoonie? Jihoon? Jihoon-ah?” Trailing the finger down to the poor guy’s soft cheek, Seungcheol pokes it gently continuously. “Talk to me.”

Jihoon is enduring it. He only whines a ‘go away, hyung’ in a very tired voice.

But Seungcheol is not stopping. He keeps prodding on the latter’s cheek, occasionally moving onto the other cheek and repeating the same treatment. He could’ve biten those plump, soft, squishy cheeks right now if—

“Choi Seungcheol, i swear to god! I am not in the mood! Don’t touch me!” Jihoon barks, sitting properly on the floor with a visible big frown painted on his forehead. Instead of getting scared or angry, Seungcheol just laughs and embraces the tiny guy in his arms.

“I know, baby, you’ve had a bad day. All you need is a warm, loving hug from your warm, loving boyfriend. There, there.” He says, rubbing circles down Jihoon’s back. Jihoon grumbles, but he snuggled closer to Seungcheol’s chest anyway. His boyfriend has always smells nice.

***

“You must know that Jihoon’s a passionate person. When he suddenly has ideas for his musics, he’ll surprise you by letting out a small sound of exclamation, grit his teeth and shake his tiny fists, which is pretty adorable, and burst into his studio. He won’t be seeing the sun for the coming one or two days then. That, if the ideas are flowing without any obstacles.” The corner of Seungcheol’s lips tugs upwards. This is one of the reasons he loves Jihoon so dearly.

“Don’t forget to remind him to eat, though. He will surely, surely without no doubt, forget his meals. He’s already skinny by genes, so don’t you let him work hard and starve. Cereals are okay for breakfasts—he likes his cereal already soggy—and also toasts. Don’t give him heavy foods for breakfast or he’ll feel bloated because he is not used to eat breakfasts. For lunch, ask him what does he want for lunch. Usually he’ll answer ‘chicken’ or ‘pizza’ carelessly but that’s what he really wants, then. For dinner, well, he likes homemade dinners. Like what Mingyu cooks for us when he’s over, remember?

“He doesn’t want foods to spill anywhere on his studio so he doesn’t really eat there. Unless, he’s being a stubborn as he is and doesn’t want to eat so you have to feed him.”

***

“Eat.”

“Wait up, hyung, i must—“

“Eat.”

“A little more finishing touches and i’m done for the day, promise—!”

“No. Eat now.”

Jihoon’s face scrunches in distate which Seungcheol would coo to if he’s not in a serious mode. Not looking away from his PC, Jihoon opened his mouth timidly. Seungcheol blinked at first, be wildered, before realizing that he wants to be fed. He then grins from ear-to-ear and raises the a spoonful of the fried rice in front of Jihoon’s mouth.

“You little baby, you.”

“Shut up,” It’s pretty dark in the studio but Seungcheol swears it’s a tint of pink smeared prettily on Jihoon’s cheeks.

***

Seungcheol holds the seemingly cheap papercup he doesn’t remember buying in his hand; it’s already empty but he holds onto it for no reason anyway. He has a habit of holding onto things that he should have let go of.

“Ah, what more can i explain about him. He looks like the type that couldn’t care less if you’re still breathing or not but you have to trust me on this, he’s really caring. Deep down inside he is. Well, maybe he answer your texts three hours or a day later but you can depend on him. He’ll always has his shoulders for you.

Maybe Jihoon doesn’t like your selfies on Instagram, nor did he reblog your funny postings on Tumblr but when you need him, he’ll always be there. Jihoon is... less talk, more action. He hates empty words, y’know? Don’t you ever give him empty words, same as empty promises. Be there for him when he needs it and he’ll do the same.”

***

Me
come home 1.41
i need you 1.41
Ji? 1.50

Seungcheol frowns at his obnoxiously bright phone screen. It’s not the first time Jihoon doesn’t respond in texts when he’s out in his main studio, but it’s pretty late and boy, was Seungcheol worried. He tosses in his bed, phone clutched tightly on his grip. Is Jihoon too caught up in making his musics? Did the ideas flow that quickly Jihoon can’t take a minute break?

Bang!

A loud sound startled him out that he actually jumped a little in his bed. It sounds like the front door being opened, and the only ones that has the keys are him and Jihoon, so would that be—

“Are you okay?!”

Came a disheveled-looking Jihoon with his hair sticking everywhere. He has his laptop balanced between his side and his left arm, a handful of phone and wallet in his other hand  and Seungcheol almost laugh at the plastic bag he carries on the same left hand; that’s definitely some triangle kimbap and a two of his favorite ice creams. Why is Jihoon so cute?

“I came here, running all the way from there, actually stopping by to grab some food in case you texted me just because you’re hungry.” He explains between pants, setting down the laptop and his belongings including the plastic bag on their nightstand. The matress of the bed dips downwards creating a soft creaking sound as the younger guy sat down. He faces Seungcheol, face screaming worried and concerned. “Are you okay, hyung?”

And at that moment, Seungcheol’s heart swells in happiness and god damn it he really loves Jihoon. He reaches his hands up to cup his boyfriend’s cold, flushed cheeks with his warm hands and smiles the most genuine smile he could ever give.

“Silly. I’m perfectly okay,” He mumbles, caressing one of Jihoon’s cheek with a thumb very gently. “I was just worried. Can’t you at least reply a one-letter reply before storming off here next time?”

Jihoon’s lips twists into a small pout before he straightens them tightly. “Well, sorry for being rushed because someone apparently told me that they needed me.”

Seungcheol tips his head back slightly as a chuckle left his chapped lips. He squishes his palms against Jihoon’s cheeks before cooing “Why, why are you so adorable? It pains me, you know? You little sugarplum, cinnamon bun, applepie, chubby bunny—“

“Stop.”

“You like my nicknames anyway, right? Right?”

“Disgusting! Get lost!” Jihoon laughs, weakly pushing Seungcheol’s chest away. To Jihoon’s surprise, though, Seungcheol leans in and kisses his forehead softly instead.

“Don’t push me away.”

***
“Hyung, i—“

“Jihoon, is the most wonderful human being. Inside and out. He won’t tell you if he’s sad, he won’t rant on to you if he’s upset about something even though you’re his lifetime best friend, he won’t tell the world if he’s feeling down because of one simple thing. He doesn’t want to affect people with his feelings. He doesn’t want to burden people—this kid. This kid keeps everything to himself. He takes all the lead, he takes all the weights on his tiny shoulders yelling that he doesn’t need a helping hand. But he does.

“When it’s three in the morning and you notice that he hasn’t slept a wink, ask him what’s wrong. When he speaks less than he usually does, ask him if he’s tired. When he tugs on his hair, ruffling them out of frustration, gently hug him in your arms and don’t let go until he’s okay. When he’s stressing over something that keeps him awake, assure him that everything is going to turn out well, rub his back, be there for him.

“Jihoon... He deserves all the love in the world, don’t you think so?”

Seungcheol smiles, and the guy in front of him is silent, gaze planted downwards.

“He deserves a love deeper than the ocean itself. But i guess not from me, Soonyoung-ah.”

“...I’m sorry...”

“What for?” He swallows the lump in his throat, smile unfaltering. “It’s his choice after all. I understand.”

Soonyoung chews on his lower lip softly. “I don’t... I wasn’t—i never planned to steal him away from you, you know it, right?”

“Soonyoung, it’s okay. It’s not your fault; it’s no one’s fault. Jihoon chooses to be with you. I’m—i’m a big guy!” He forces a laugh and his heartstrings tighten. It hurts like , he thinks. But it doesn’t even matter. “Make him happy. Don’t let him go. Love him as much as he deserves, okay?”

“I may sound like a jerk now but i hope we can still be friends, hyung...”

The smile in Seungcheol’s face falters for a second before he tugs his lips upwards again, albeit with a hint of sadness this time. “Sure. Yeah. Don’t worry.”

Seungcheol loves Jihoon. He still does as much. if not, he loves Jihoon more and more every each day.

That’s why he let him go. 

 

 

 

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ̀ˋ 

 



HeHEH did y'all see that coming.
i'm sorry i don't know what was that THAT WAS tRASH
it's currently 5 in the morning and i haven't sleep and i watched too much jicheol on youtube and it's a bad thing. sawbs. 
okaybaiii!

follow me on twitter and let's talk or something?? just mention i'll follow back. c: @naegajosh

 see you around!