Chapter 1 : her stubborn heart

Broken strings

"what really happen, dara-ah? why are you crying? tell me. If you just keep crying and not telling me what just happened, i can't help you." Youngbae said in a worried tone. He was reading his book when suddenly Dara knocked on the door, crying his name. It was his first time seeing his bestfriend crying after her wedding. She was beyond happy after her wedding, her smile never dissapeared from her face.. but now seeing her crying like this worries Youngbae.

Dara went straight to Youngbae's house after Jiyong announced about Yoona. Her feet automatically brought her here, at her bestfriend's house. Dara explained everything as she endlessly sobbed. Crying her heart out. It was too much to bare for her. They just got married for two months, and Jiyong is already planning to marry other girl.

Youngbae clenced his fist after hearing her side of story and now what he want to hear is Jiyong's side of story. He just wanted to know why Jiyong suddenly wanted to marry someone else. Its better for him to leave her or divorce Dara, rather than keeping her. He will just end up hurting her more. Youngbae has a tinge of regret.. Regret for not proposing to Dara first, regret for being so coward when it comes to confessing his own feelings. Everytime he wanted to confess, he would always a one step late. and in the end, Jiyong beat her into it by proposing to her.

He was really happy for Dara after Jiyong proposed to her. at the same time, his heart was ripping apart. But for him, as long as Dara is happy, he's happy too. But why is Jiyong took her as granted? He proposed to her, he promised to Youngbae that he will never hurt Dara. Jiyong was deeply in love with Dara, but how come he's planning to marry Yoona? The girl he just met in New York. Thousands of useless thoughts kept popping in Youngbae's mind. His heart is hurting but it will never compare to how Dara feels right now

"If I knew it would turn out like this... I would've propose to her first. If i knew it would turn out like this, I would've thrown away my Coward attitude, and confess my feelings to you, Sandara" He unconsciously thought to himself. He's beeing keeping this feelings ever since god knows when. He loves Dara, but he knew it was only a one-sided love. "Dara-ah. Fight for yourself. You have all the rights to be mad! " He advise

He saw her shook her head. "I don't want to lose. I don't have a choice but to just agree with his marriage with Yonna, or I'll lose him completely" She continuously shook her head as she cried. The thought of him leaving her, the thought of him marrying with someone else... why is everything turned out this way? How come she didn't live happily ever after with him? How come turns upside down?

"Living with his other wife, watching him feed his second wife, and even worse sleeping and make love with his second wife.. is that what you really wanted to see every single day? Dara, you don't deserve this." Youngbae tried to reason out but knowing Dara's head is as stubborn as a rock, he knew its really impossible to deal with Dara.

"You don't understand.. I'm gonna accept all of that. I'm gonna bear it even how hurt it would be to have to breathe in the same air with his second-wife-to be.. just as long I have him by my side.. that's all that matters. I don't care if he makes love with her, just as long he doesn't leave me" She said in between her sobs. Stupid heart, why do you have to be this stubborn? Dara thought.

"You really love him, do you?" He asked weakly.

Dara smiled bitterly at his question. Even how much Jiyong will hurt her, even what Jiyong will do to her, her stubborn will always love Kwon Jiyong. "I really do. More than anything else in this world. I love him more than I love myself. And I'm willing to accept whatever the risks I'm gonna face, just as long he's with me. Including.... giving him the permission to marry Yonna"

Youngbae reached to her and wrapped his arm around her waist, keeping her head on his shoulder as Dara continued crying, drenching his T-shirt with her tears. "shh. don't cry, butterfly. You know i will always be there for you" He whispered.