no restraints

"Boyfriend's cousin." Jungyeon answered proudly with that smug look on her face. Wendy could only hit her on the shoulder upon saying those words.

"I was about to say Seungyeon's sister, dummy. And we're not together anymore." 

"Oh really? That's good news. I'm glad you finally came to back to your senses. You're like an angel and he's a complete and that's just so.... what's the word?" The tall girl asks, her pointer finger moving in circles.

"Otherworldly?" Momo butted out. Looking at the short haired girl for affirmation and when she chuckled, the blonde haired girl couldn't help but let out a smile as well.

"Yeah. Definitely otherworldly, you airhead." She answered ruffling Momo's hair.

"The last time I saw you, you were this tall and now look at you." Irene remarked, leveling her hand just below her chest.

"But that was a long time ago unnie." 

Seulgi stood there, still perplexed with the situation. How the hell did it happen that everyone seemed to know each other except for her. As far as she knows, she was the protagonist in the story, so why was she being left out? There was Momo who looked like she didn't know what's happening but was comforted by Jungyeon's assuring hand on her shoulder. Then there's Wendy and Irene looking happy about their little reunion with Jungyeon. Oh and then there's Seungyeon's sister but who was seungyeon anyway? Han Seungyeon? Kim Seungyeon? Park Seungyeon? None of them resembled the girl.

"Hey." A hand gently gripped on her arm. Firm but comfortable, tight but assuring. It was Wendy.

"Are you okay?"  Seulgi was more focused on the hand rather than the words that for a moment she had forgotten how to speak and was only able to nod her head.

 

Soon they found themselves on an old restaurant nearby because two bowls of bingsoo wouldn't be enough. After several stories Seulgi finally realized that is was "that" Seungyeon they were talking about and when reminded of her sister she could only imagine a shy little girl with lock wavy locks and a floral dress.  She blurted out the things she remembered, bringing laughter to everyone around the table. Jungyeon changed a lot from a timid girl to future-pain-in-the- for Seulgi.

"I can't believe you were like that as a child."

"Well I don't believe it either."

Seulgi felt a familiar touch again on her wrist and she didn't even have to look over to confirm.

"Let me cut the meat into smaller pieces so you won't have to chew too much.  You're not even supposed to eat meat." Wendy said naggingly, taking the plate from Seulgi before she could even reply. The taller girl was only able to look. Wendy wasn't like this to her or to anyone else when they were in middle school, she like has a master's degree in isolating herself.  When Wendy caught her looking she immediately looked back with concern.

"Does it hurt?” She asked pointing to .

"No, it's fine. I'm feeling a lot better now." She replied, showing a smile just make sure.

"Hey Wendy uunie, stop being such a mom." Momo butted in earning a laugh from everyone.

Hours felt like seconds as they talked about random stuff such as what brings you here, what have you been doing in the past years and whatnot. As far as Seulgi can comprehend, she and Irene were friends with Jungyeon's sister and that they were cousins of Wendy's ex-boyfriend and that she and the Yoos practically lived together when she had to stay for almost a year in Minnesota for her studies. Wendy is Irene's block mate this semester. While Jungyeon found Momo while she was looking for a place to stay near the uni, she was working as a barista in a nearby cafe and had said that her unit still has space for Jungyeon. Turns out they had to sleep in one room and even share the bed. Wow, what a space. Jungyeon really wanted to decline the offer but the rent was unbelievably cheap (which was weird because she never had problems involving money.)

For a moment Seulgi was drowned with stories of the people she was with, all things random but she was able to see it, to feel it as if she was actually there when the stories happened, for a moment she felt like she belonged. It wasn't always like this, growing up she would just keep her thoughts to herself unless she was asked.  Sometimes her thoughts are so deep she loses track of reality which make people think she's dumb. (Well maybe she is but that's a different case) 

Now Seulgi is in a state where her mind is focused on the reality that she can't even have side thoughts.  Normal conversations never lasted this long (at least that's what she had experienced before)

Before she could even take a grasp on everything that's happening, she was already being walked to her door by Wendy and Irene.

"Don't put too much stress on your gums, it hasn't recovered yet." Wendy said, her hand gently touching the side of her cheek where tooth got pulled out.

"Yeah Seulgi, don't die on us."

When Wendy was about to leave, Seulgi grabbed her wrist to stop her. half opened as if she was on the brink of staying something but forgot what.

"Thank you for being nice to me." She managed to let out.

"It's fine. I got you."

What does that even mean?