Stranger Danger

Sit down talk

 

Studying wasn’t that important to Haeyeon. She went to study everyday but only to meet her friends at school.

Korean style teaching didn’t work out for her. And thus to actually study was something she knew she wouldn’t do anyways. Why stay at home in a room with no aircon when you actually can go out and have fun?

Seoul was such a huge new space to explore and get to know proper. Just taking a random bus and drive in it for hours. Sometimes changing if Haeyeon felt like it. There was no aim just enjoying the moment and the city but as far away as any of the blue and red buses took Haeyeon, she always found her way back home.

The only thing annoying with Seoul transport is the time it ends. Shortly after midnight there is no train driving and the drunkard train, the first train in the morning that takes all the drunk people home, is most often too much of a hassle to wait for. But Haeyeon also had no problem to walk two hours at 1am to her home. But sometimes she did take a taxi if she was too exhausted.

So just one casual night Haeyeon wanted to go home early…more or less. It was around 10pm and she exited Seoul Station from line 1 and walked the underground way to exit 11. From there it was only 3 stops up until her exiting station which she could walk in 10 minutes but she enjoyed riding the bus way too much to walk that distance.

So Haeyeon casually waited for her bus, number 405, while listening to Music on her iPod and watching the passing traffic.

A man who joined the crowd of people waiting for their buses he stared at her. She ignored his stares as she ignored hundreds of other throughout a day. Minding her own business she was sunk into thoughts. Suddenly someone tabs her right shoulder and made Haeyeon jump who wasn't keen about skinship.

She turned around and faced the man who starred openly at her. Removing her right earphone she looks at his face which she knew she’d forget as soon as she turns around again. Not that he didn’t look handsome, but she just hadn’t had a thing for recognising people in general.

“Excuse me” he made a pause so Haeyeon looked encouraging at the guy who obviously was struggling “can you tell me the way…to uhhh…Namsan? You know?”

His accent was very thick and hard to understand. And as naïve as Haeyeon was she wanted to help him. But she did ask herself why he wouldn’t ask any of the locals around but she didn’t think too much about it.

“You don’t know Namsan?” she pointed behind his back. “That is Namsan Tower. You know it”

“I heard of… not from here. I am from outside Seoul” he gestured nervously.

“Well you go straight ahead and then left, up the hill, cross the road and the Park leads you up to Namsan Library.” Haeyeon explained slowly with hand movements pointing into the direction. The guy just looked at her throughout her monolog and knew he didn’t get any of that.

“Where?” He asked again.

Already frustrated she pointed across the street which turns to the left “THAAAAT WAAAY” She mouthed it loudly and slowly.

“Ah Ahhhh thank you, you are very pretty” he smiled at her.

Annoyed but wanting to be polite she bowed a little in fake appreciation and had to control herself from rolling her eyes at him. She then put her right earphone back into her ear.

But the guy continued to talk to her. A little impatient she removed her right earphone again and frowned at him a little.

“Where are you from” he asked.

“Not from Seoul” she said bored

“Hahahaha you are funny. Which country?”

Why didn’t he stop bothering her? She clearly wasn’t interested in any conversation.

“Germany” which was not 100% the truth but also not 100% a lie.

“Really?!” He seemed genuinely surprised but happy about that” I love Germany! Goethe! Schiller!”

He then started to quote Schiller and then Goethe. “Your poetry is very good. You know it?”

“I know of it but I am not interested in it” Haeyeon just wanted to go home.

“Where are you going?” he asked still starring intense at Haeyeon.

“Home”

“Where?”

She pointed opposite direction of his.

“Ahhhh…. My name is Minho. Lee Minho. Nice to meet you new friend” he smiled at her holding his hands towards her for a handshake.

“Haeyeon” she said and reached for his hand.

“Do you have Katalk? You know Katalk?” he asked then.

“I know. Give me your cell phone” he instantly reached for it and gave it to Haeyeon whose bus just came around the corner.

Entering her ID she still felt his stare upon her “Text me if you arrive. My cell phone is dead so talk to you sometime”

“Thank you thank you” he said so happily that it annoyed Haeyeon even more and was happy to enter the bus. She saw him waving at her as she sat down in the bus but ignored him checking her iPod.

She was most likely not going to meet him again anytime soon.

How very wrong she was going to be.

 


 

“Haeyeon” Minho pushed Haeyeon a little off his lap who was eager to kiss more. He held onto her and made her look into his eyes. “You are special to me. You are still young. Let’s not go that far tonight”

Haeyeon frowned at him not caring and crashing her lips upon his. He didn’t refuse at first but managed to push her away again. “I can’t control myself any longer”

“Then don’t. Why do you push me away? You don’t want me?” Haeyeon pouted knowing it made him even wilder.

“After tonight you leave me and won’t come back, right?” he said still holding firmly her arms.

“You know I will. So let’s enjoy tonight and make it a happy memory” Haeyeon was about to attack his lips once again and moved her hips on his lap.

“I don’t want you for tonight. I want you forever. I want to marry you and have kids. So let’s do it slowly” he pushed her even more off his lap.

“Are you serious? You know I don’t do these kind of things” begging that he was just joking she stared into his eyes. She saw that he was crazy about her but that he was serious. Very serious about his words. Realising what those words meant she hastily backed away and gathered her clothes from the floor and put them on.

“Don’t leave Haeyeon. I lov-“

“ Don’t say you love *me*(사랑한다고 말하지마)” Haeyeon screamed. “Don’t say that” Tears started to form in her eyes “Don’t say what you don’t mean”

“But it’s the truth. You can’t know my heart. I lo-“Minho shot up too and walked towards Haeyeon.

“YA! Shut up! I don’t know your heart? You fool! This is not love. And I do not love you so don’t even think about loving me.” She took her Jacket and run out of the room. Minho struggling to put on his pants and shirt ran then after her.

“Haeyeon! Don’t run! Come back inside” he shouted with honest concern in his voice as he chased after her.

But Haeyeon was fast and timing was on her side. Just next to the building she exited a taxi held and a man exited the taxi. She dove into the backseat of the taxi and told the driver to just drive.

The driver saw Minho running towards the taxi and locked the doors. Minho reached the taxi and started banging at the windows and trying to open the door.

“Your boyfriend?” the taxi driver asked

“No. Just a dog with no manners” she said and the driver understood and drove off. She didn’t even look back at Minho.

“This is a very good neighbourhood. Is he really a dog?” The taxi driver asked.

“He is a dog” Haeyeon simply replied and unlocked her phone which now rang. She denied the call which was from Minho and deleted his number and blocked it on Katalk.

Little did she know how serious Minho was about her and his words.

 

 

Thank you for reading <3