Leaving The Old

Sit down talk

 

“Bang Haeyeon! Close your legs more! Sit more straight and for god’s sake, what are your hands doing under the table. Now remember smile and don’t embarrass us. Just do it like your sister does it” Haeyeon’s mom was a short woman with coloured ashy blond hair blue eyes and a round torso. On her nose round golden glasses sat with matching jewellery. She fixed Haeyeon’s hair and then went to her elder daughter Yunseo.

Haeyeon didn’t close her legs tighter and didn’t smile. She hated these meetings most. Family meetings. Every family clan hates the other and it often ends badly. And everybody treated her as a child! She just turned sixteen! She was able to handle her life. But her parents never let go of her.

“Appa! Why do we even hold these meetings? You hate the other family members” Haeyeon rolled her eyes at her dad who read a book in the reading chair next to Haeyeon.

“That’s because you keep the ones you detest the closest so they don’t harm you surprisingly” Her dad sighted at Haeyeon as he saw she was not to back down on the topic and closed the book “Come with me Haeyeon. We will fetch some wood for the chimney and let the dogs out for a bit”

“No!” Haeyeon’s mother said firmly “You will ruin your dress Haeyeon! Stay where you are”

Haeyeon eyed her mother and gave her the make me look and went after her dad.

They used to have a good connection all together… but now it was only acting. Haeyeon was so good at acting that it made her sick. All these fake people with their fake smiles. She never liked it.

She only realised that her family was weird and not normal as she hung out with people her family didn’t approve of.

The Bang House was on the Countryside with lots of field, a little creek and a forest nearby. The next house was her Grand Parents Resident and after than came town.

The Bangs were part of one of the three founder families of this town.  So her family had some reputation. Her father and Mother volunteered in town and owned a lot of the economy around here, helping the local farmers out and representing the town. The Bangs were part of the Country Royalty as it’s called here but lost most of their fortune generations ago. They were a workers family but Haeyeon’s father tried to change it. He married Haeyeon’s mother, a foreigner from a good family background. Haeyeon’s mother grew up in a manor but moved out with her mother as she divorced from her husband and then remarried someone from near our town.

But this was the country side everything new and different was hated upon.

Walking to the big stacks of chopped wood with the containers she caught up to her father.

“Appa you know you can’t ignore my pleading forever „Haeyeon dropped casually

“You never drive out in the woods with me and the boys… did you finally become a lady” his father didn’t look at her.

“No sir I did not” they reached the piles and Haeyeon took demonstrably a big log and threw it into the container “But before my wings get chopped off let me fly. You showed me what the world can offer now let me go and explore by myself”

“You speak like a flower. Your education is worth it” He stacked more and more wood in his container.

“Let me go” Haeyeon said serious and stopped with stacking “How shall I be a true leader if I don’t do extraordinary things”

“Haeyeon! Don’t annoy me with your nonsense!” Her father got mad and lifted his container up.

“You know it’s not nonsense! My plans I presented to you are reasonable. You trained me my life long. I also want to achieve big things. Be an even greater person than you. So I have to go”

Her Father left Haeyeon standing and walked back to the house.

“I can’t take this anymore” Haeyeon whispered lowly to herself “I have to go… I just have to” after the tears up she fixed her hair and smiled while picking the container up and went after her dad.

Some relatives already arrived as they were outside and greetings were exchanged. Haeyeon wasn’t very lively at the beginning but got back to the role as the youngest daughter of the Bang Family.

So it happened that later that day they scratched the topic of Haeyeon wanting to go abroad.

“Omg where do you want to go? Asia?! Alone?! You are crazy Haeyeon! You are only sixteen!” Haeyeon’s aunt said a bit too loud.

“So? It wouldn’t be my first time abroad. Neither alone nor in Asia.”

“There are a lot of bad people out there Haeyeon” An uncle spoke up “You are witty and sure know how to handle yourself but that is just such a big step. Most of the grown-ups wouldn’t even do what you want to do”

*Yeah… that’s why you are so low life and have a boring job, a boring house and a boring family* Haeyeon thought.

“It is not like I don’t do nothing. I will go to school, like a boarding school” she said.

“Which happens to be on the other side of the planet! Nonono it’s something a girl shouldn’t do” Haeyeon’s Grandfather from her father’s side spoke up.

“Really Grandfather? I shouldn’t do it because I am a girl?” it was sarcasm but nobody heard it except for her mother who kicked her leg beneath the dining table. They both glared at each other.

“I think so too! Who would want you with such a rebellious reputation? In the end you come home with a foreigner!” Haeyeon’s Grandmother on the fathers side said shocked.

Haeyeon never planned on coming home again….ever but they needn’t to know that.

“Of course Grandma! You know I don’t like any of the locals. They are so limited”

“Hearing that… Haeyeon! I want grandchildren! In your age I was already engaged!”

“Ask Yunseo! MY sister is already done with school! She can be your baby machine!” My sister gave me the death stare. She wasn’t very pretty but had long golden wavy hair and a horrible personality. Of course nobody would date her. Not even mentioning marriage.

“Don’t say you still refuse to marry and have children one day!” Haeyeon’s other Grandmother now spoke up. “I agree with you that the boys from your school are unacceptable…. I mean they are from another town! But our local guys. You will be matched with one of them anyway”

Pure horror was written on Haeyeon’s face. This was exactly her worst fear. Being tied down with a husband from her town and taking care of the children. Never be more than a housewives. But Haeyeon thrived for more in life. She had a higher purpose. She just knew it.

Finally Haeyeon’s Dad spoke up.

“I do not agree with what you said mother. I didn’t give Haeyeon the best education possible and made her learn different skills if she was to be a plain housewife. You all my not agree with it. But I am the one with the money. And I decide what Haeyeon will and will not be doing. She will fly. But at some costs.” He now looked at Haeyeon directly “I will call my lawyer and we will make a contract tomorrow”

“Oh my…” Her Cousin said.” Please make me another cup of coffee”
So Haeyeon stood up. And left for the kitchen. Tears slid down Haeyeon face and she had to lean against the refrigerator.

“I will fly. I will fly the highest and the fastest… but at what cost?”

 

And this is how Haeyeon ended up at Incheon airport. 

 


 

Sneak Peak to a later time

Clutching onto her hand and biting her lip in a reaction to the pain, the pen Yeonhae just held rolled down and hit the floor. The ink leaked out and created a pool of black blood. It was a present to my engagement by her husband to be, Lee Soo Hyuk. Who rushed through the wide open doors of Yeonhae’s study.

“Yeobo!” He saw the broken pen and looked at me. Very fast, Yeonhae let go of her hand

”I thought you knew you couldn’t write any time soon. Why do you keep hurting yourself?” He grabbed Yeonhae's wrist and pulled her up into and embrace. “I know you don’t want to forget. But you have to. I am your life now and leaving me is your death”

“But I won’t forget! I will never forget what you did to me and I will never forget that you were the first one to rip out my wing’s and completely cut them off” her vice was full of anger but wavered a little.

“Of course. I, as your first, I will be your last. I had to cut your wings off.” He let go of her and she turned her back on him holding onto her hand again. “Why can’t you see me as a person? Why can’t you just let go of me! You know this is not my life”

Soo Hyuk walked up to Yeonhae again, held her neck firmly and talked sweetly into her ear “This is why I fell for you little child. So innocent, yet so pure, daring to break out and conquer the world. This spirit…I just had to own it, had to break it. I wanted you I always did and always will. Why can’t you accept this generous offer wholeheartedly?”

He now caressed her shoulder and spine “I picked you up as you were on the streets, had nowhere to go. I still accepted you after you ran rom me and hid from me. I give you diamonds and flowers. But you still don’t accept it. It’s because of him…” his tone got very low “Do not forget he didn’t choose you when he had to choose. You know how ugly life is. Just stay happily with me. Because I won’t let you escape a third time”

Yeonhae's mouth twisted in a smile and her hands shook hard.

“You are right” I said coldly “Make everybody suffer tho. If I burn, the whole world has to burn with me”

He kissed Yeonhae passionately. The kiss was filled with so much hatred and desire that people could mistake it for loving passion.

Haeyeon was truly gone. She fought hard and honest. The line between the light and the dark side is thin.

There was only one thing Lee Yeonhae did regret. That she killed Bang Haeyeon herself. 


Slow and weird start...I know.

But I wanted to give a brief introduction of what my life in my family home looked like.

Haeyeon aka Me aka Yeonhae is going for a long and scary ride as you saw a little in the sneak peak

Please tell me if there is anything you don't understand, I misspelled or if you have any questions

 

LOVE YOU DEAR READER

<3