Chapter 1

You make my life colourful

Wendy's eyes slowly began to open. She sat up in bed and looked at the clock. It was 7:50 am, time to get up. Wendy got out of her bed and walked over to the window.

"Oh," Wendy said, when she saw what had happened overnight, "it hasn't snowed in a while."

Wendy considered going outside for a few seconds but then decided that she would just study instead. She thought it would be a better use of time.

Wendy had never really seen why snow was so exciting. When she was younger all of her friends would be out playing in the snow, while she would just be sat doing some drawing or homework. 

With a little sigh she went downstairs to get breakfast.

"Cornflakes or porridge?" She asked herself, "hmm... cornflakes."

Today was going to be a long day.

~♡~♥~♡~♥~

Seulgi's eylids gently fluttered open. She stretched and slowly sat up, accidentally letting cold air rush in underneath her blanket. Seulgi shivered and realised that it was much colder than the day before. This created a tiny spark of hope within her.

"Could it have snowed?" She whispered to herself. 

 She swung her legs round and got up from her cozy bed, now buzzing with excitement. She rushed to the window and looked out into her back garden.

"YES!!" She exclaimed with excitement, "snow!"

 She got dressed as quickly as possible and rushed downstairs. She unhooked her thick coat and woolly gloves and scarf and wrapped up warm. Then, she rushed outside.

 Seulgi watched the snowflakes flutter gracefully down from the sky. The delicate flakes shimmered and sparkled in the light. She loved it when it snowed. She found it amazing how snow could completely change how everything looked. Yesterday she had stepped outside into her garden to blue skies and green grass. Today what she stepped outside to was a blanket of glistening white snow and beautiful flakes settling in her hair.

 She stepped further out into the garden. The crisp snow crunched under her boots. She slowly reached down and scooped up a handful of snow. Gently, she smoothed the handful into a ball. She then gathered up as much strength as she could at 8:00 in the morning and hurled the snowball at the oak tree in front of her. The snowball splattered all over the tree trunk, causing the tree to shake a little. Seulgi now had a huge grin on her face; today was going to be a good day.