002 } science project.

Under the Mistletoe

"Mr. Lee!" I called out. "Yes, Ms. Lee Jieun." Ugh.... I hate people calling me that with my full name, it's irritating. "Uhm... Can I switch, like uhm.. partners?" I asked, with a small smile. Without hesitation, he mouthed me 'no'. 

I looked at Chunji, who was talking to L.Joe. I walked over to his table and folded my arms. "What. do. you. want?" He said each word carefully, and seriously. "I'm your partner." I said looking away. He wasn't surprise. I guessed he was expecting it.

"Okay, since I'm done with pairing up you all, I'm going to tell you about the project. You have to make a mascot that represents the environment. Be it a tree, the recycling bin, or whatever you make up that will fit to be a mascot." Mr. Lee explained to us. "The deadline will be three weeks from now." 

Sure, three weeks is just enough. But.. the problem is this guy. I glared at Chunji who was beside me, he wasn't listening. Instead, he was playing with his mobile phone. "Ya! Are you listening to Mr. Lee?! What if you don't even know what you're supposed to do!" My hands were on my hips, looking furiously at this guy who was still on his mobile phone. "Yes, I'm listening." He slot his mobile phone right back in his pocket, his eyes looking as innocent like a cat who was straving. Aish, this guy. 

"What's your name? Lee something, right?" He asked me, confused. "There are many Lees in this school so I don't know." He added. "It's Lee Jieun, Lee Jieun." I emphasized my name word by word. 

"Oh, okay. Make a mascot right? Tomorrow, my house. 4PM sharp. If you're late, you're dead meat." His tone was serious. 

"Fine. Address?" I took out a pen and a paper from my bag. "I'll tell you tomorrow." He turned his back facing me.

What? There's no school tomorrow, and how the heck will he get my number? The only person who knows my number is Park Chorong. I gave a loud sigh as Mr. Lee left the class, making the class noisy.


By the time I got home, the sense of loneliness pierced right through me. For the first time in five years, I no longer hear my neighbour's dog, Casey barking anymore. Our neighbour moved out of the apartment next door and I was told someone would be taking over. 

I wonder who's going to move in today. 

I walked to the sofa and sat with a loud thud. I was almost half-asleep but until my phone rang continuously. "Yobosaeyo?" I asked through the phone. "Jieunniieee~ guess who's moving into the apartment next door?" Chorong shouted through the phone and her voice was filled with excitement. "Who? You?" 

"Aniiii~ Chunji!" Chorong said.

"Mworago?! Chunji?!" I was shocked to hear someone's name through the phone. "Mhm."

I immediately hang the phone up and opened the front door. I was shocked to see him carrying boxes filled with his items inside. 

"Ya! Ya! Ya!" I shouted. He didn't seem to hear. "Ya!

 


 

eating: nothing, i just ate dinner.

listening to: my my - apink. 

mood: hyper.


MIKAMI'S NONSENSE.

annyeong readers! wow. only wrote chapter one and already 10 subscribers? omg, i love you subbies! yes, it's a short chapter. mianhae. i'm just too busy. (well, no. it's mah holiday rn.) ^^ so... do comment and subscribe!

@jiinkizxc- funny meh? :< lololol.

@twinklelittestar- yeap, i hope it's what you're expecting for in the upcoming chapters. :)