Too late to die young

The Day Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word count: 2118

Rating: R

A/N: I may have been listening to "In Heaven" by JYJ whilst writing most of this chapter. I'm sorry.

 

"Didn't you mention that there was a nice crêpe place near the library?" Hakyeon asked. The two lovers were about to leave for work, and Taekwoon looked up from his selection of which trousers to wear today, to look at his boyfriend.

"Yeah, how come?" He asked. He picked out a pair of navy jeans that matched his light blue shirt with navy details. He held it up, and Hakyeon nodded in approval.

 

"I was thinking, you always come to the bakery for lunch. Although all my pastries are delicious, I was wondering if we should maybe switch it up, at least for a day. According to my calendar, we have been together for 300 days today. Maybe we can celebrate?" Hakyeon smiled, and wrapped his arms around Taekwoon. He had always thought small anniversaries should be celebrated as much as the large ones.

 

"300 days, has it been that long already? With you, it feels like no time has passed at all." Taekwoon kissed Hakyeon's cheek. Hakyeon smiled. "Fine, as much as I adore anything you bake, maybe we can try something new, although crêpes aren't the most substantial lunch." 

He only received a look in return that told him just how much Hakyeon cared that crêpes were unhealthy. Taekwoon laughed.

 

***

 

Hakyeon texted Taekwoon that he was leaving the bakery now. They were lucky in that they could both decide when they could go for lunch, so they could go together. He received a "Can't wait. Hurry please." with a kissing emoji at the end. Hakyeon simply shook his head. Taekwoon was super cute, yet he would never admit that. 

He put his earplugs in, and started walking. He was listening to Jonghyun's new album, as he had been a lot lately. He didn't spend that much time just by himself, and while he was, he realized he maybe should. He adored Taekwoon with all his heart, but sometimes it was alright to be alone for a minute or two. Just him and the music, at peace. He walked like he didn't have a care in the world, and he felt completely relaxed. The music was lovely against his ears. The beats giving a soundtrack to each of his steps. 

 

The bakery and the library was relatively close by. It was within a walking distance, but if he took the subway one stop, he could get there much quicker. He walked peacefully by himself, and took a moment to glance down at the circle tattoo at his wrist. He felt lucky. The sapphire blue colour shone bright in the sunlight. 

He got off the subway, and by now he was two more songs into the album. He was about to cross the road, and he closed his eyes as he stretched his arms upwards. It was a lovely day, and the sun was shining bright in the sky.

 

When he opened his eyes he thought he saw the light turn green and started to cross. The road looked relatively empty anyway. His mind was so occupied with the song he was listening to and the thought of seeing Taekwoon, that he didn't see the car headed towards him at full speed. In one moment he could hear the song playing from his earplugs, but suddenly everything stopped. He felt a huge impact, and suddenly he couldn't feel anything. He closed his eyes and the only thing he could see was his beloved's face. 

 

***

 

Taekwoon had just finished texting Hakyeon back, and now he could just wait. There were a set of benches outside the library, he could wait there. It was a lovely day and the sun was shining. He had started to appreciate sunny days more after he met Hakyeon. The way the sunlight made each colour around them more vivid, and it seemed to help on people's moods as well. What he loved the most though was the way the sunlight made Hakyeon sun-kissed skin look, or how his eyes would shine, making shades of gold and bronze protrude through the deep brown colour of his eyes. .

He saw Jaehwan walking his way, and he waved at him. Jaehwan came to join him at the bench he was sitting on, nodding a greeting.

 

"Hey Taek. What are your lunch plans today? Usually you would be on your way to Hakyeon's right now." Jaehwan asked, using his hand to shelter his eyes against the sun.

"He's coming here. He wanted to try out the new crêpe place nearby. It's our 250 days' anniversary, so we thought we should celebrate." Taekwoon said. Jaehwan smiled at that. Taekwoon had become a lot cheerier the past months, and it was nice to see him finally opening up.

 

"Sanghyuk and I went there once. The crêpes are really nice. I would not have pegged you as the type to care that much about anniversaries though." Jaewhan commented.

"I'm not really. I care more about the bigger anniversaries. Hakyeon loves having a reason to celebrate though, and it matters a lot to him. I'd do anything to please him." Taekwoon shrugged. He loved spending time with Hakyeon, but the other was a tad more creative than he was, so it was nice to change the habits the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter