Punishing the Crown Princess

Two Bodies, One heart.

Baekhyun's left eye was twitching when he woke up. Two days with Luhan had caused him to instinctively call for the boy whenever he was in need of help. It came as a surprise to him when Luhan was nowhere in sight and the other servant he had was stuttering when he inquired for Luhan.

"Are you hiding something from me?" he swore Jaehyun's hand paused before the nimble fingers rushed to help Baekhyun get into the daily outfit again. 

"I will not lie to you. Luhan has ...something to attend to. He will be back by tonight." Jaehyun said, darting eyes shifted uneasily. Baekhyun frowned upon sight of Jaehyun being so unusually weird. 

.

.

.

It was weird not having Luhan around and Baekhyun became very quiet to everyone's amazement. Perhaps, the Crown Princess has become meek and quiet all again and the two days of wild Baekhyun appear just a mere dream. 

"Are you bored?  Crown princess, do you want to me to bring you the half-embroidered handkerchief you intended for the Crown Prince so that you can complete it?."  Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the question and pouted, hand propping his chin as he thought of how boring it was at the palace. Especially without Luhan. Jaehyun stood the side awkwardly and waited for the crown princess to say something. Baekhyun, after some time, gave Jaehyun a weak smile and asked, "How long have you been in the palace?"

"Four years."

"How about Luhan?"

Jaehyun shook his head slowly and in confusion, "he came with you to the palace so he must have stayed longer than any of us."

"I ing miss Luhan and his cuteness!" Baekhyun sighed and flailed his arms around in frustration. Jaehyun bit his inner cheek and was panicking inside when Baekhyun asked for Luhan again. "Is the something... Luhan has to attend to, very important?" 

"I..." Jaehyun paused and his head held lower. Baekhyun inched forward and Jaehyun almost jumped back, seeing how near Baekhyun's face was to his.

"Luhan-nim has told me not to tell you what happened. However, I really cannot take it anymore!!!" Jaehyun shut his eyes tight, as if determined and blurted out, "He is ... made to kneel at the kennel for the entire day for being unable to control Crown princess from taking out personal anger on... an innocent person."

"Kennel?" Bakehyun 's back straightened up and his nostrils flared.

"The Crown Prince has a dog named Toben that is pretty much the Crown Prince's most precious possession. Luhan was punished to kneel inside the kennel..." Jaehyun's voice trailed off in fear and Baekhyun looked like he was about to explode in flames.

"How dare he humiliate a person by dehumanising him to a dog! And since when did I even bully the innocent?" Baekhyun immediately asked, tone sharp and aggressive. Jaehyun backed off a little from Baekhyun before muttering out, "... I think by innocent, the Crown Prince meant Kyungsoo-nim."

Dang. Baekhyun is 100% charged with flames. 

Before Jaehyun knew it, Baekhyun already dashed out of his accommodation.

.

.

.

"Luhan- ssi, I might be close to the Crown Prince and am working under him, but-" Jongin looked around and made sure no one was in sight before continuing, "I believe you should not be subjected to such humiliation." 

Luhan smiled and sighed, "I did encourage the Crown Princess to stand up for himself. I don't regret it."

Jongin looked around a second time before sitting outside of the kennel while patting Toben's head. "To be honest, the Crown Princess has changed so much- it is a surprise he is able to stand up to Kyungsoo-nim. Kyungsoo-nim, is pretty smart and he always managed to make The Crown Princess look like a fool many times- but this time, I heard Baekhyun-nim is literally stepping all over him."

Luhan slightly rubbed his knees before nodding in agreement, a huge grin splashed across his face, "He is my master, he is the best of the best!"

Jongin shrugged and sighed, "Court affairs are so complicated. While your Crown Princess has his side of the love story, our Crown Prince is also confined in weird boundaries. I don't think Crown Princess is suited for the Crown Prince."

Luhan frowned and the corner of his lips fell. 

"No matter what it is, till the day the Crown Princess gives up on the Crown Prince, I will assist him in getting the Crown Prince." Luhan, raised his fist and clenched harder.

Jongin smiled and before he could say anything, a figure loomed over him. 

Jongin looked up and gasped.

It was not your usual Baekhyun, the meek and quiet one nor was it the crazy smiley and nutsy Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked fierce and his hazelnut eyes were almost flashing dark plum red under the sunlight and his lips were tightly pressed together. His jaws were tight and clenched and he stood there, with an aura of intimidation. 

Luhan started stuttering and making sheepish looks when he saw Baekhyun. 

Jongin quickly moved away from the entrance of the kennel and watched as Baekhyun lowered him stance , with his hand stretched out, into the huge kennel, "Get out, Luhan."

"I... I can't." Luhan spoke sheepishly and tried to flash a bright smile but Baekhyun's glare was albeit too much and he looked away. "I will be back by tonight."

Suddenly, Baekhyun's hand gripped him by his hand and before he knew it, Baekhyun was pulling him out. He heard Baekhyun curse under his breath, "Even if this is some old time dynasty, this is too much- I will not accept it as a modern man."

.

.

.

Chanyeol was taking a break from all the work he had and held Toben lovingly in his arms before he heard a commotion outside of the palace. So the proud Crown Princess came... He smirked and plopped in the most expensive looking chair in the middle of the room, all smug.

Baekhyun held Luhan by the hand and strode into the place without a smile. The rare expression Baekhyun had on him sort of tingled Chanyeol and he was caught off guard. He expected the man to either scream hysterically at him or become meek and apologise for what he did to Kyungsoo but this sort of angry yet calm aura and expression were--- nothing he expected. 

"I see that you have come and rescued someone... I punished." Chanyeol remarked, slowly standing out with his gaze fixed on the short man.

"Yes, I did. Tell me what do you want, Mister Park Chanyeol." 

A collective gasp was heard and Chanyeol frowned at how Baekhyun's crude speech.

"I will give you what you want- no apology intended though. Tell me-" Baekhyun's voice dropped lower. "If I relinquish my role as the Crown Princess and pass it on to your beloved Kyungsoo-ssi., will I be able to get out of the palace with Luhan in one piece?"

Chanyeol's smile fell at the request. It was good news to him but somehow... it did not go as he wanted to.

"I need some alimony fees though. How much can you offer me?" Baekhyun inched forward till Chanyeol was no longer looking down at him as he defiantly looked up. FOr a moment, Chanyeol found his head recoiling backwards at the distance he had with Baekhyun and something at the back of his mind told him that this BAekhyun he saw was a fascinating masterpirece ad he could not help watching the succulent lips move rapidly. 

Chanyeol huffed, "Well, that will be good news for me. I don't mind offering you a nice house and some gold to live with."

Baekhyun clicked his tongue and smiled, however, the smile did not reach the eyes. Chanyeol's heart clenched. 

"Deal." 

Somehow, the confidence and calmness Baekhyun exuded scalded Chanyeol in his heart and Chanyeol heard a part of his heart softly crumbling. 

And he was not sure why. 

 

 

I AM BACK>< I trying to get my sense of writing back..... so i am super sorry for the lack of standard